This Week in Battlefield V

ok, so what does everybody think of bfv?

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I think they messed it up with battle royale mechanics and I don't like battle royale at all.

Isn't that mode due out next Spring?

• BrianLocal1
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Personally, I think they messed it up with battle royale mechanics and I don't like battle royale at all.

Isn't that mode due out next Spring?

Yeah but the whole gathering resources and attrition and building and riviving mechanics seems to be because of battle royale.
  • CaptHotah
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As BF1, is a good game but it could have been a great game. We haven't had great game (at launch) since bf3. Oh well, maybe the next one...
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    As BF1, is a good game but it could have been a great game. We haven't had great game (at launch) since bf3. Oh well, maybe the next one...
    agreed.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mostly love it, just needs a little more polish and adjustment to a few features.

Better than BF1.

Biggest issues for me are the sound seems really bad compared to previous BF games, harder to hear where footsteps/shots are coming from. Most maps also need another map pass, getting stuck on terrain is extremely frustrating.
  • phoenix1368
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have not played the game yet, cuz Asia people obviously have a early "15th".
    I played beta, loved it.
    since Dice improve the game after beta, I think it will be better
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sammy_SUN1 wrote: »
    Worst BF ever. They wanted to ride the PubG wave and made the atrition system. Everyone hated it in the beta, so they made a little softer. As a result of that plus TTK plus long death animation and bleeding, everyone tends to stay alive more...how? hiding...camping. And saying it s not camping it s tactical strategy. Too bad. Offensive assault player, like myself, it s not possible. As soon as u go in the open to a flag u get shot from 15 angles. Even tanks camp on hills at edges of map. Great job Dice. Amazing game.

I play an offensive Support player just fine, maybe it's not the game?

Having a lot of fun in BFV so far. Happy with the new direction focusing more on team play over lone wolfing it. No easy spotting is great, you can actually flank now. People still need to get familiar with the new squad marker though which has basically replaced spotting, it works just as well IMO when used correctly. Bit sad they caved in and softened the attrition system, but glad it's still there. Vehicles are not as dominate as in past BFs, but still wreck if played properly. So far the weapon balance is pretty good, needs a few more tweaks which are coming. Enjoying most of the maps, especially Arras. Pretty happy with the revive system, although most randos still ignore you, but if you're in a good squad it works well. Awesome graphics, sounds and performance for me, no complaints there. Only encounter a couple early teething bugs, which I'm sure will be ironed out.

All in all, nothing revolutionary, but a really fun FPS.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Typed out a longish reply and then the forum deleted it when I went to edit a typo, good job.

The game is fun, good improvements all round. Happy with the new team orientated direction, most complaints are from people still getting used to the new mechanics. Well designed maps IMO, especially Arras. Great graphics, sounds & performance on my end.

Could use a few more gadget options IMO, but I can live with what we got.

All in all, nothing revolutionary, but good fun nonetheless.
  • fanbad123
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im on the fence with BF5. The game itself looks great but the guns shoot strangely, and sniping for me is really difficult. Im pretty good normally at sniping but for some reason its so difficult in this game. Also tanks are pathetically underpowered.
  • TwtchSquirrelyss
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love it
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    this is the BF game i always wanted. 2WW with (more) infantry focused gameplay + customization. gunplay is awesome, and due TTK you have to watch your ****. it makes everything feel more tactical. big thumbs up from me!
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Dice knew of the numerous complaints of the TTD being way too fast in the beta. Why in the world didn't they remedy this in time for launch OR the day one patch? Are there plans, ANY plans at all to fix this in the near future?

Dice, why? Dice, when? Is the absurdly fast TTD now a permanent staple in the game? :(

Then again, maybe I'm being too negative. The game isn't even out yet for most of us.
  • theeBHam
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    love it, and look forward to the future of balancing and new content.
  • CroDanZ
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I miss the weapon customization of BF3 & 4...but its OK so faar. ;)
  • BaronVonGoon
    6777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Love it. It has its issues and bugs. But honestly I'm enjoying it more than I did BF1 when it came out. The gunplay is beautiful. The maps are top notch, with the exception of Hamada. But even Hamada can be improved, it's not a bad map just needs a tune up. Also, console controls need some work, slowdown is too sticky strong as opposed to BF1.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ill get it probably next week.
  • skates15
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a great game and reminds me a lot of BF42 in many ways. I'm looking forward to new content.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I cant make out enemy players from friendly ones.. groundfights or airfights both the same..maybe i need to buy some new glasses or a bigger tv screen..whatever..
    the problem of player visibiltiy is really anoying to me..this game is destroying my eyes completely..im not sure, but i think i will uninstall bfv..
  • Delta_02_Cat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it, it sure has a few balancing issues and some bugs but I have to say it is the most stable BF launch that I can remember.

Overall the gameplay is very different from BF1 an that is a very good thing and the maps are really solid.
    There is no map that I could say is really bad, they are all different and fun in their own way.