Is it me or there are too many campers in every game style you choose?

Sammy_SUN1
48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Aren't there too many campers disguised in players that are so very very tactical? I am saying this compariging with the previous franchise names :)))))))

Comments

• markg316
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think you need to re - evaluate your life if campers is all your worried about :)
    Camping is a valid tactic in any game and the people who moan about it are usually the less skilled players who keep running back the same way to die the same way instead of tactically dealing with the obstacle by flanking, overwhelming or any other tactic you can think of. Some people are just not cut out or enjoy running round like a headless chicken some are. At the end of the day they pay there money as do you and as you are free to choose the play style that suits you they are to choose what suits them. personally I play both ways, I have come last in score playing assault and capturing Cp's and I have come third in score by sitting out doing recon and spotting for the team without firing a shot.

Its also very easy to compare this game with the fast pace of call of duty, its not call of duty fine as it is. Its battlefield and there has always been a more tactical element to battlefields play.
  • ExoskeIett
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game doesnt offer any abilitys to play offensive, i started to camp aswell most of the times because it doesnt make sense to move forward. depending on maplayout you move 1 step and get shot from 20 different angles, depending on your weapon reload times are so extremly long that you cant take out enough people when you should be behind the enemy lines.

The list just keeps going with all these things. Frontlines is def. a good mode, but it also suffers from bad layouts here and there, making the players become stuck camping.

Its just the result that you get when the gameplay designers are bad at designing gameplay.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haha I love listening to people complain about campers... it’s been apart of FPS since the dawn of time.. this game is perfectly suited to an aggressive play style, you just need to adapt..
  • ragnarok013
    3074 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Extremely fast TTK is always going to encourage more camping from weaker players since when they move around they just die over and over again.

That and lack of 3D spotting since nobody can tell the rest of their team where the campers are. It's been this way since the Alpha.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They gave support extremely good weapons, and even better when they bipod up. I have only played with the Ke7 but it is has way to little recoil considering the damage it does. There is something really wrong with supports weapons, like they use some other game mechanic than the rest? Other than that I would say so far it is way less campy than Bf1. I think they need to get supports recoil and spread system in line with the rest and look at the bipod system. You cant have a 600-700 pm weapon with no recoil, and just as good as other classes weapons at shorter ranges, that gets even better, how now that is even possible when on bipod.
  • Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is what happens when dice removes ways to attack enemies without being in direct line of sight with them
  • Sammy_SUN1
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ExoskeIett wrote: »
    Game doesnt offer any abilitys to play offensive, i started to camp aswell most of the times because it doesnt make sense to move forward. depending on maplayout you move 1 step and get shot from 20 different angles, depending on your weapon reload times are so extremly long that you cant take out enough people when you should be behind the enemy lines.

The list just keeps going with all these things. Frontlines is def. a good mode, but it also suffers from bad layouts here and there, making the players become stuck camping.

Its just the result that you get when the gameplay designers are bad at designing gameplay.

yup. it is very true.
  • Sammy_SUN1
    edited November 2018
    They gave support extremely good weapons, and even better when they bipod up. I have only played with the Ke7 but it is has way to little recoil considering the damage it does. There is something really wrong with supports weapons, like they use some other game mechanic than the rest? Other than that I would say so far it is way less campy than Bf1. I think they need to get supports recoil and spread system in line with the rest and look at the bipod system. You cant have a 600-700 pm weapon with no recoil, and just as good as other classes weapons at shorter ranges, that gets even better, how now that is even possible when on bipod.
  • Sammy_SUN1
    markg316 wrote: »
    I think you need to re - evaluate your life if campers is all your worried about :)
    Camping is a valid tactic in any game and the people who moan about it are usually the less skilled players who keep running back the same way to die the same way instead of tactically dealing with the obstacle by flanking, overwhelming or any other tactic you can think of. Some people are just not cut out or enjoy running round like a headless chicken some are. At the end of the day they pay there money as do you and as you are free to choose the play style that suits you they are to choose what suits them. personally I play both ways, I have come last in score playing assault and capturing Cp's and I have come third in score by sitting out doing recon and spotting for the team without firing a shot.

Its also very easy to compare this game with the fast pace of call of duty, its not call of duty fine as it is. Its battlefield and there has always been a more tactical element to battlefields play.

Let me remind you that this is not PubG or a real life war situation. It ia FPS game. And it should be dynamic. With people working together TO ACHIEVE A GOAL. Not to wait in trees and windows, like plants, thinking we are so strategic and tactical and looking happy when they kill another player after smoking 2 cigarettes in bushes waiting for someone to cross their lenses.
  • Sammy_SUN1
    Haha I love listening to people complain about campers... it’s been apart of FPS since the dawn of time.. this game is perfectly suited to an aggressive play style, you just need to adapt..

ofcourse it is :)))) I would like to join a server where u play so aggressive
  • theeBHam
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just use this opportunity to learn their camping holes. then nade em in future matches.
  • ExoskeIett
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    theeBHam wrote: »
    just use this opportunity to learn their camping holes. then nade em in future matches.

you know that the game offers on every single gamemode even TDM over 2000 different camping locations right? Thats not counter strike where you know exactly where some1 is with a high guarantee to be correct.
    Its just the pure downsides of Frostbite Engine - you can just simply lay flat somewhere in the open and most people would run past because they think you are either dead or dont even react in general because they cant anymore due to all those graphics.

Same has happened to me in frontlines, i was literally 1 minute next to an enemy that did not move at all and ive only seen him because i was building some stuff - all other players ran past by and i wouldve done too.
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see less campers in BFV than in BF1.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t see camping as a problem in this game, people need to readjust from BF1 where you could soak 100 bullets.
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    in bf1, campers are so prevalent. in bf5, i'm not noticing many but that's probably because we don't have a sniper map yet.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is still new and people don't know the maps very well, so I expect a little bit of camping in the beginning.

Camping is not going to win Conquest though, so it doesn't bother me if that's what people want to do. I'll continue to cap points and play aggressively.
  • OrgBars88
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Battlefield is a franchise that has always been very generous when it comes to countering campers.

You can tear entire buildings down with panzerfausts if need be, grab a plane and drop some bombs on the target or roll up in a tank..

If you keep dying because all you do is rush in blindly then thats on you, defenders (or campers as some people call them) are a valid tactic and instrumental to a victory.

• MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OrgBars88 wrote: »
    Battlefield is a franchise that has always been very generous when it comes to countering campers.

You can tear entire buildings down with panzerfausts if need be, grab a plane and drop some bombs on the target or roll up in a tank..

If you keep dying because all you do is rush in blindly then thats on you, defenders (or campers as some people call them) are a valid tactic and instrumental to a victory.

Defending is at the capture point, camping happens when you prone in a random dark corner hoping for someone to pass by. Too many of those feckwits around , support class is the worst. All the do is camp and never give you any ammo. I'm mean in my 4d of play I've been given ammo maybe 10 times despite requests