Anyone else think the character and gun customization is boring?

LuckyMcSchmucky
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Having looked through all the customization options being shown from either in game and videos from people that have access to the full assortment of options. Not a lot of it looks good, most looks like it's just torn up uniforms with a different shade of grey or green. Sure some of them have more color and are a little more unique like some of the axis chest pieces. I know DICE said they were gonna tone down some of the customization but is this really what people want?

Comments

• LuckyMcSchmucky
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Jumpy-B-L wrote: »
    I'm just here to shoot other players, not play dress up.

Then do that? More options wouldn't stop that
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah, I like it. Its realistic enough that I don't hate how most of it looks (there's a few things that are a little too much, specifically the Union Jack gear for the Brits, but I'll probably use it at sone point because its cool), and its also pretty subtle. If I had been able to change my character like this in BF4, I would've loved it then as well. I also generally like the weapon customization, and I think its pretty cool how you can customize so many parts of your weapon. Again, its generally subtle stuff, but the Chrome Finish, Mint, and Blued options look so good on most the guns, and are definitely the best looking, in terms of how clean they are. I'd rather have these subtle options that have a more personal feeling, than to either have nothing at all, or have outlandish stuff that doesn't feel special.
  • BernieS2020
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

All it does is make it harder to identify player class by silhouette. It's lame and detrimental to gameplay.
  • SirBobdk
    4715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    All I wanted was the prosthetic, but the cryhards took that away from me.
    ROFL
  • LuckyMcSchmucky
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Nah, I like it. Its realistic enough that I don't hate how most of it looks (there's a few things that are a little too much, specifically the Union Jack gear for the Brits, but I'll probably use it at sone point because its cool), and its also pretty subtle. If I had been able to change my character like this in BF4, I would've loved it then as well. I also generally like the weapon customization, and I think its pretty cool how you can customize so many parts of your weapon. Again, its generally subtle stuff, but the Chrome Finish, Mint, and Blued options look so good on most the guns, and are definitely the best looking, in terms of how clean they are. I'd rather have these subtle options that have a more personal feeling, than to either have nothing at all, or have outlandish stuff that doesn't feel special.

My biggest complaint for the gun customization is there isn't much that is actually good looking most of it is just scratched off paint and damaged stuff. I do agree that blued, mint, and chrome finish look good. The character customization i'd just rather have more options because for the most part they look the same, like being subtle with the different options is nice but take the snafu and holy ghost head gear. The only difference is a decal on one of the med packs, and that's kind of consistent with a lot of the gear.
  • LuckyMcSchmucky
    All I wanted was the prosthetic, but the cryhards took that away from me.

Same :D
  • Trokey66
    8771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stand by.........
  • LuckyMcSchmucky

All it does is make it harder to identify player class by silhouette. It's lame and detrimental to gameplay.

I mean recons are pretty handy then don't you think?
  • LoserDestiny
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The customization is totally underwhelming. Nothing more that 3-4 uniforms per nations is several colouring schemes.
    Headgear is only helmets and bold heads? Where are the berets? Various types of caps, hats?

Where is all the officer uniforms? Players can rank up to major put are stuck wearing private uniforms?

Also - where is all the HAIR? All characters are complately bold and with shaven bears. Even in the trailer we had a girl with long hair, one guy with a moustache and one with a beard. Where has that gone?

I mean, we really son't need that prosthetic arm or other fancy jackets, but with what currently is in the game we cannot even replicate fome of the most iconic photos of WW2 soldiers...
  • LuringPoppy
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea shaven heads on the females looks weird
  • TectonicGuns
    334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everybody complained so much after the very first BFV trailer about soldier looks that DICE has nerfed it. Just think about it, significant numbers of the BF community complained so much about OPTIONAL customization they did not have to use, that everyone else has suffered.

Come on soldiers! Use you free speech, but use it wisely.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7016 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've never customized anything nor actively pursued unlocking any skin consmetic or dog tag etc... Aren't these assignments for teenage players?
  • TEKNOCODE
    11482 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everybody complained so much after the very first BFV trailer about soldier looks that DICE has nerfed it. Just think about it, a small vocal minority of the BF community complained so much about OPTIONAL customization they did not have to use, that everyone else has suffered.

I agree with one small tweak, which I amended in the comment.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everybody complained so much after the very first BFV trailer about soldier looks that DICE has nerfed it. Just think about it, a small vocal minority of the BF community complained so much about OPTIONAL customization they did not have to use, that everyone else has suffered.

No, I think he was right with how he explained it. I mean, did you not see how much backlash it all got? About the only thing people talked about a month after the reveal trailer was how horrible seeing those over the top cosmetics would be.
  • LoserDestiny
    Everybody complained so much after the very first BFV trailer about soldier looks that DICE has nerfed it. Just think about it, significant numbers of the BF community complained so much about OPTIONAL customization they did not have to use, that everyone else has suffered.

I figure you also never applied any weapon skin in BF1, huh?
  • OrgBars88
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    There is more than 4 pieces per side in varying camo... Just play the game first before you complain.

You unlock challenges when you rank up class ranks, career and weapon ranks that unlock gear and camo's.. that arent listed initially.

Besides whacky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ customization has no place in a BF game, play fortnite or CoD if you want that.
  • LoserDestiny
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

No, I think he was right with how he explained it. I mean, did you not see how much backlash it all got? About the only thing people talked about a month after the reveal trailer was how horrible seeing those over the top cosmetics would be.

There is a Grany Canyon between "over the top" and what we currently have. Having all chars just bold is straight on ridiculous and the amount of historic gear is nowhere close to what was actually seen in the war.
    Hell, we have a African story mission and MP map and we have a winter story mission and MP map, jet there are NEITHER desert nor winter uniforms, but rather just general purpose/European theater uniforms. No to mention any special uniforms such as officer, tanker, pilot, cavalry and the list goes on and on.
    I guess some of it might come in future updates, but it's just simple skins, there is nothing to be coded and patched for weeks/months, you can even easily ousource it to any small company of freelancers.