Bolt action rifles nerf is stupid

Comments

• OrgBars88
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People are just used to BF1 recon class.. BF1 is the only game where the scout class was ridiculously easy to use and required less skill than other classes.

Why is it that actual good recon players some with YT channels barely complain about the BFV BA rifles? because they're still as powerful as ever in skilled hands.

BF1 just spoiled you, 1 hit kills in the sweetspot was ridiculous from the moment it was announced - Required no skill, apart from you to roughly shoot at someone withing its 0HK range and you got the kill.

With BFV don't forget attrition, most people will be below 60-70 health if they're between flags and in and out of combat a few times, effectively making BA still 0hk.
  • Arkaelov
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OrgBars88 wrote: »
    People are just used to BF1 recon class.. BF1 is the only game where the scout class was ridiculously easy to use and required less skill than other classes.

Why is it that actual good recon players some with YT channels barely complain about the BFV BA rifles? because they're still as powerful as ever in skilled hands.

BF1 just spoiled you, 1 hit kills in the sweetspot was ridiculous from the moment it was announced - Required no skill, apart from you to roughly shoot at someone withing its 0HK range and you got the kill.

With BFV don't forget attrition, most people will be below 60-70 health if they're between flags and in and out of combat a few times, effectively making BA still 0hk.

I don't get the "most people are below 60-70 health" logic. I rarely find that's the case. People spawn with one bandage and rarely every move between objectives unless they recover full health anyways. I think people overestimate the impact attrition has on sniping.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I love the "hit headshots and it's great" crowd because yeah, going for only headshots is super practical. Then people bring up youtubers and streamers who game like 8 hours a day. I'd hope they'd have success with the amount of time they put into it. Should I start talking about how shroud can do it any time there is an argument about practicality in game?
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it’s fine if the damage was slightly increased and the lens glint slightly reduced. At the end of the day though bolt action rifles should be high skill cap. IMO BF4 sniping was perfect.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Agreed.

BF1 was a campfest with half your team camping in the back taking pot shots with snipers all day.

BFV is so refreshing.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Dral13 wrote: »
    I think it’s fine if the damage was slightly increased and the lens glint slightly reduced. At the end of the day though bolt action rifles should be high skill cap. IMO BF4 sniping was perfect.

As I've said before, I'd gladly take BF4 rifle balancing.

BF4 compared to BFV:
    - Higher max damage
    - Slightly higher min damage
    - More than twice the range before damage dropoff to minimum
    - No bullet drag and thus faster velocities past 120 meters with some rifles. Also less drop as a result.
    - One hit kill to the chest from 0 to 12.5 meters
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know why, but i replied on my old thread instead of here(sorry), so i will copy the awnser here (my thread) https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/159812/bf-5-managed-to-have-the-weakest-bolt-action-rifles-of-the-genre#latest

Agreed.

BF1 was a campfest with half your team camping in the back taking pot shots with snipers all day.

BFV is so refreshing.

As i've said 6546841651268146854615 times. If you look to BF tracker, bolt action rifles are the third least used weapon losing only to LMG and shotguns and most used rifles are martini henry and SMLE MKIII

1 - No, people are too used to sniping in other bf games, BFBC2, BF2, BF3/4(on hardcore), and snipers are insane powerful on other combined arms, my K98 can OHK up to 300m on H&G(arcade) and on ArmA 3, GM 6 Lynx can destroy most armored vehicles and even damage certain parts like tracks and sensors from main battle tanks, kill you behind 3 walls, etc

2 - Require less skill than other classes? Kill someone at 100m with mondragon is far easier than with any bolt action rifle.

3 - I saw some people doing 120/6 with STG 44, how many people can do near this amount with an sniper?

4 - Again, why i should use Martini over any 2HK medic rifle without sweetspot? And even a pistol(Obrez) can OHK on BF 1

5 - No because they have bags also on BF2 there are no health regen and Barrett M95 deals 95 min damage.

I never understood how someone can think that BF V have a balanced sniping gameplay. To be fair, is the weakest sniping in any series(except BF p2w P4F) and weakest sniping on ANY fps game that i have played.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    throwing knives tho
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    throwing knives tho

One of the few things I like on Recon. Except when they seemingly phase right through the enemy.

Although DICE said they're looking at "adjusting" them, or in other words, nerfing them. How so? Not sure yet.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Almost for sure they will nerf the one hit kill range of the throwing knives, or at least the frontal damage. They are goofy as they are now, you practically have a silent model 10 hunter you can dish out instantly at any moment lol. They should probably have a longer throw animation too so panic throwing isn't a thing.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    TTK is fast, and ARs and LMGs are lasers that are not balanced fairly vs SRs above some range where SR should shine.
    They could remove glint up to effective range of other weapons.
    Up to 30m ofc SRs should have huge disadvantage vs ARs and LMGs and should not be OHK.
    But above 50m they should have some advantage to make it balanced.
    I have over 900hs out of 1600kills, and if i didnt play vehicle and support that much and fool around trying stuff , HSK would probably be much bigger so HS are not that hard in this game as they where in BF3/4 but SRs need some balancing vs other weapons that are "laser like" up to 100m with all skill tree unlocks, and with this kind of TTK.

1. I can kill Sniper 100m away with ke7 on full auto.
    2. I can HS enemy 200m away by putting x on head.

Both is bad imho for game to be fun with this kind of TTK - TTD.

I wouldnt change SRs except maybe remove glint up to certain range and add bigger bullet drop, but other weapons need balancing and could use some serious recoil.
    At least similar to BF3/pubg where u cant control LMGs and ARs on full auto on all ranges, recoil is stupidly low and almost non existent.
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm still getting shot by bullets that land where I was standing a second ago. They need a bigger nerf. Too easy imo.
  • Hawxxeye
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is the only game where the scout class was ridiculously easy to use and required less skill than other classes.

False, even in BF1 the class was harder than the other classes and their spamable bullet hoses. It was just cheesy and annoying AF to randomly die to a bodyshot. If the class was easier than the other classes in BF1 then the class would had been the most used and leading the scoreboard.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only way to make the scout class the same as the other classes is to give it SMG/AR/LMG instead of sniper rifles, but then they are no longer scouts, they are simply assault/medic/support with binoculars.
    -
  • Hawxxeye
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mystriall wrote: »
    The only way to make the scout class the same as the other classes is to give it SMG/AR/LMG instead of sniper rifles, but then they are no longer scouts, they are simply assault/medic/support with binoculars.
    -
    very true
  • StormSaxon
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    -
    very true

Well, WW2 scouts usually took SMGs.
    Snipers in WW2 did not usually scout around... that wasn’t their job.

Really, the sniper class is shoe horned into roles they didn’t fulfill with weapons not appropriate for their role.

It’s the problem of having historical soldiers in squad structures that didn’t exist.
    A squad would have been 8-12 soldiers strong. The main class would have been “rifleman” with one “support” guy who would have carried an LMG and extra ammo but only for his LMG. Infact the rifle men would have all carried some extra LMG ammo too. Then you would have had an NCO class with a smg.

A sniper would operate solo or with a spotter partner. Only (from the main powers) Germany, Britain and Russia used dedicated snipers. USA had designated marksmen who functioned as part of a squad but not sniper teams.

Scouts, in the soviet army were organised into seperate battalions and companies all with smgs. Recce troops in Britain were usually part of armoured car, Bren carrier or bike squadrons and were msibly smg and rifle armed.

Engineers usually belonged to seperate units.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    -

Disagree. Just increase the Maximum damage for BA rifles to 75-80 (at least it will be Assist Counts as Kill and Scout will still have the chance to fight back). In BF1 I was running mostly with Gewehr M.95 Infantry and it was a perfectly balanced BA rifle. Just Copy&Paste its damage profile and then play with Scopes/Bullet Velocity/Dropoff and etc. for some variety

For me BA rifles were one of best aspects in BF1 and it's sad to see their current state. It's one more argument not to buy the game.
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    -

Disagree. Just increase the Maximum damage for BA rifles to 75-80 (at least it will be Assist Counts as Kill and Scout will still have the chance to fight back). In BF1 I was running mostly with Gewehr M.95 Infantry and it was a perfectly balanced BA rifle. Just Copy&Paste its damage profile and then play with Scopes/Bullet Velocity/Dropoff and etc. for some variety

For me BA rifles were one of best aspects in BF1 and it's sad to see their current state. It's one more argument not to buy the game.

this. the damage is dreadful. a bolt action should do more damage than a slr.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Oh yay, this BS argument again.

1. BF1 Scouts still performed worse as a whole than players of the other classes. The vast majority of players do much better with SMGs, LMGs, and SLRs in BF1 than they do with bolt actions. So your skill argument about scout being ridiculously easy and requiring less skill than other classes is complete nonsense.

2. Bolt actions in BFV aren't just worse than BF1, they're worse than BF2, BF3, and BF4.

3. Nobody cares about the sweetspot being gone.

4. I've shot tons of players for 60 damage in BFV already and didn't get kills. Most players are not running around with less than 60 health even with attrition. Why? Because everyone spawns with a bandage kit to heal with.

5. Stodeh, one of the best scout/recon players in the game, a YT/Twitch user, has said they are weaker than they should be. And really, only someone on his level of skill can actually use them effectively. This means all of the average players out there who are trying to play Recon are almost completely useless.

Every other class is easy mode compared to Recon in BFV. Every other class is also easy mode compared to Scout in BF1. The gap is especially larger in BFV.

Don't forget the fact that all these Youtubers are playing on PC where aiming for headshots is a lot easier than on console.

We're back at that same old argument.

"Scout's are OP, rifles are too easy to abuse. They shouldn't be good in CQB"

And then,

"Scouts are useless all they do is sit back and snipe from a hill"