Tank upgrades

Kongo030
667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I'd like to open this thread to discuss the upgrades for all tanks. Not to discuss buffs or nerfs tanks might need.
The two main lines you can go with the tanks I looked at so far are either go for close combat and be stronger against infantry or strengthen you AT abilities. It probably makes sense to go fully either way. With the current meta I clearly go for long range shooting as there's little to win in close combat with infantry.
Some options aren't clearly specified. The option I'm currently thinking about is whether to get the skirts for the Panzer IV or the repair kit. It doesn't tell how much better the skirts protect the tank so hard to compare benefit.

Comments

• DukeSan27
    1226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »
    I'd like to open this thread to discuss the upgrades for all tanks. Not to discuss buffs or nerfs tanks might need.
    The two main lines you can go with the tanks I looked at so far are either go for close combat and be stronger against infantry or strengthen you AT abilities. It probably makes sense to go fully either way. With the current meta I clearly go for long range shooting as there's little to win in close combat with infantry.
    Some options aren't clearly specified. The option I'm currently thinking about is whether to get the skirts for the Panzer IV or the repair kit. It doesn't tell how much better the skirts protect the tank so hard to compare benefit.

The only value I have seen mentioned is on the engine upgrade on Churchill, which says that it makes it “double” strength. Whatever that means. So my guess is these skirts etc double the HP of that part. Obviously without knowing the original HP, double is meaning-less.

• Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And these values will most likely be tweaked. So from long range the skirts probably add more to the looks while the repair might help you escaping an infantry attack that disabled movement.