SLI & mGPU are Dead!

Comments

  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    reverb_za wrote: »
    Tried both drivers - same performance on both.

    Cards only at 40% usage and cant get over 60FPS

    2x1080ti with 5960x @4.4Ghz

    Please help if anybody can advise

    Turn on future frame rendering in the game
  • armoredmarmite
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    reverb_za wrote: »
    Tried both drivers - same performance on both.

    Cards only at 40% usage and cant get over 60FPS

    2x1080ti with 5960x @4.4Ghz

    Please help if anybody can advise

    You got vsync enabled by any chance? All the presets enable it by default, you have to use the custom setting to disable it, it'd certainly explain low gpu usage and inability to go over 60fps.
  • reverb_za
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried disabling vsync - no change in FPS

    Forgot to mention I have a 3440x1440 100Hz screen.

    Also tried changing future frames on and off, no frame changes either :(
  • Freezoide
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    To all of those looking to make SLI work on BF:V, It looks like I've got it working.
    3440x1440 with 2x 970gtx's and a few tweaks, both GPU's running on 90-100% and the result is 70-100 fps with (except TAA) everything on Ultra! What I did to make it work?
    1. Nvidia Driver version: 416.81
    2. I actually downloaded a profile from the following link while googling for the solution: https://www.sliprofiles.com/2018/09/06/battlefield-v-sli-profile-fix/ and if I remember correctly I had to reassign bfV.exe and the bfVtrial.exe to this profile. Although I haven't compared this custom profile with the BF1 one; I assume it's the BF:V profile with the SLI properties of the BF:1 file overlapping it.
    3. Future Frame Rendering has to be turned ON. This basically turned GPU usage on both to 90-100%
    4. TAA Low; because most TAA won't work very well with SLI in the way it works. That gave me the fps boost of 50-60 to a minimum of 70-80.

    I also turned Vsync of simply because of a G-sync panel.

    Hope this combination works for you lads too!
  • reverb_za
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Freezoide wrote: »
    To all of those looking to make SLI work on BF:V, It looks like I've got it working.
    3440x1440 with 2x 970gtx's and a few tweaks, both GPU's running on 90-100% and the result is 70-100 fps with (except TAA) everything on Ultra! What I did to make it work?
    1. Nvidia Driver version: 416.81
    2. I actually downloaded a profile from the following link while googling for the solution: https://www.sliprofiles.com/2018/09/06/battlefield-v-sli-profile-fix/ and if I remember correctly I had to reassign bfV.exe and the bfVtrial.exe to this profile. Although I haven't compared this custom profile with the BF1 one; I assume it's the BF:V profile with the SLI properties of the BF:1 file overlapping it.
    3. Future Frame Rendering has to be turned ON. This basically turned GPU usage on both to 90-100%
    4. TAA Low; because most TAA won't work very well with SLI in the way it works. That gave me the fps boost of 50-60 to a minimum of 70-80.

    I also turned Vsync of simply because of a G-sync panel.

    Hope this combination works for you lads too!

    NO Luck

    I really dont seem to have luck with SLI lately :(

    Minds haring a screenshot of both settings menus so I could clone them and test from there please?
  • Freezoide
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    You should be able to clone both BF1 + Inspector when being accurate with the following:
    https://i.imgur.com/nsqfBYA.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Y23xrEi.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/hGKj2mU.jpg

    The GPU-z's both indicating different voltages/GPU Load shows they're firing up in the menu already.
    Hopefully it works for you!

    P.S. I do remember that Future Frame rendering took effect a couple of seconds after exiting the menu going back ingame, other than that I really don't know why else it works for me.
    P.P.S. Turning all on High and TAA High works fine too for fps. Thus TAA isn't that much involved in SLI performance apparantly :)
    Post edited by Freezoide on
  • reverb_za
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Freezoide still no luck. Cannot get passed 60fps :(
  • armoredmarmite
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    reverb_za wrote: »
    @Freezoide still no luck. Cannot get passed 60fps :(

    Hmm, very strange indeed, have you tried switching between fullscreen and borderless modes, and also double checking your nvidia control panel settings to make sure sli is actually enabled and also that you're not forcing vsync via the ctrl panel.

    Just to reiterate,

    - If you're using driver 416.81, you'll need to use nvinspector to change the sli compatibility bits to either the bf1 profile or star wars battlefront 2. Also, in the Nvidia ctrl panel, the game will show it's running in single gpu mode, that's fine, the fact you changed the bits will override that anyway.

    - If you're using driver 416.34, sli should work by default, without needing to mess with nvinspector. Just make sure you're running in dx11 and that the Nvidia ctrl panel profile for the game says it's running in "nvidia default: sli" and not "single gpu".

    Beyond that, I'm out of ideas...
  • Dragam
    847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Freezoide wrote: »
    You should be able to clone both BF1 + Inspector when being accurate with the following:
    https://i.imgur.com/nsqfBYA.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Y23xrEi.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/hGKj2mU.jpg

    The GPU-z's both indicating different voltages/GPU Load shows they're firing up in the menu already.
    Hopefully it works for you!

    P.S. I do remember that Future Frame rendering took effect a couple of seconds after exiting the menu going back ingame, other than that I really don't know why else it works for me.
    P.P.S. Turning all on High and TAA High works fine too for fps. Thus TAA isn't that much involved in SLI performance apparantly :)

    Turning taa to high or low doesn't make a difference to fps because the temporal filter is being applied regardless, and that is what is giving issues with sli.

    TAA has a 10 to 20% performance hit over FXAA when using sli, but Dice in their infinite wisdom has forced TAA on, giving no option to disable it...
  • CartierOne
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, thanks for your help armoredmarmite ,now it's working the sli ,i did uninstall the nvidia driver with DDU and then reinstall it back and it's working.

    But now i see the video cards are working only 50 -60 % not 80 or 90 % and i get only 80-100 fps this is verry strange,from what know i need to have at least 100-130 fps.

    reverb_za you need to set the Future Frame Randeding to On and the GPU restirction memory to OFF and Vsync to Off ,tray that and see if you can get more fps,butwith that rig you need to have at least 80-100 fps in 4k .

  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You shouldn't have to alter config files for sli to work... hopefully nvidia addresses this issue.
  • reverb_za
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So back to previous drivers - haven't updated either of the new updates after a full clean install from DDU and we back to normal FPS again. Anybody tried latest latest drivers?
  • CartierOne
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,anyone tried the last driver on sli ?
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CartierOne wrote: »
    Hello,anyone tried the last driver on sli ?
    Still doesn’t work.
  • FrontFighterHD
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello!

    I also had some struggles with the SLI - I'm running BF5 on Ultra @ 3440x1440 with an 75hz Monitor.

    I'm using the 416.34 Driver and SLI didn't seem to work (2. Cards was idling)

    #1 Fix was activating "Futur Frame Rendering"

    So now both Cards had about 30-40% Load.

    #2 I downloaded the Battlefield 5 SLI-Profile, which Freezoide had posted (https://www.sliprofiles.com/2018/09/06/battlefield-v-sli-profile-fix/) and assigned bfv.exe to it.


    Now im having 50 to 60% Load, and some more fps, nut i think the CPU is now the limiter, cause its at 95% Load. (i7 4770k)
  • possiblyapanda
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think more importantly is where is DX12 multi gpu support? Dice hasn't had a multi gpu implementation for DX12 in any of it's titles. Can frosbite even support it? Is ray tracing compatible with multi gpu?
  • Nzz1
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We need DX 12 sli profile, so we can play with RTX = ON :smiley:
    Running 2x 2080ti Nvlink.
  • Freezoide
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello!
    I downloaded the Battlefield 5 SLI-Profile, which Freezoide had posted (https://www.sliprofiles.com/2018/09/06/battlefield-v-sli-profile-fix/) and assigned bfv.exe to it.

    Now im having 50 to 60% Load, and some more fps, nut i think the CPU is now the limiter, cause its at 95% Load. (i7 4770k)
    This could be very correct because even my 8700k @5.3ghz all cores is running 60% all the time. That's 12 threads 5.3ghz, basically insane.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Freezoide wrote: »
    Hello!
    I downloaded the Battlefield 5 SLI-Profile, which Freezoide had posted (https://www.sliprofiles.com/2018/09/06/battlefield-v-sli-profile-fix/) and assigned bfv.exe to it.

    Now im having 50 to 60% Load, and some more fps, nut i think the CPU is now the limiter, cause its at 95% Load. (i7 4770k)
    This could be very correct because even my 8700k @5.3ghz all cores is running 60% all the time. That's 12 threads 5.3ghz, basically insane.

    Can i ask what cooling hardware youre using? And what are temps while gaming..?

    Sry for off topic
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dragam wrote: »

    TAA has a 10 to 20% performance hit over FXAA when using sli, but Dice in their infinite wisdom has forced TAA on, giving no option to disable it...

    You can, make user.cfg in game directory add WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 command, and in game put motion blur to 1%

    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9w3p0i/psa_disable_taa_with/
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!