BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• FF_smart27
    1956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Actually you can configure a fair amount of VARS in RSP, such as turning off planes but not armor. Or removing a class like Scout or Elites. You can alter the minimum number of players to start a round from 20 to 6. You can turn off map voting, assign Standard Issue Rifles to all classes as well as some other stuff. The problem is, as soon as you make any changes to the Official settings, it makes the server Custom and then it disappears from the browser with default settings. Which means that it gets buried in the Custom server graveyard and will most likely never get traffic. There are only a handful of successful Custom servers.

Didn't custom servers always show at the top of the list in the server browser?
    The reason why there were only a handful sucessful servers was that there are only a handful platoons / communities that are big enough to support them.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mainly play operations in BFV and i can already see pattern of what maps are good and what maps players skip.
    After steel when i spawn on arras half or all of my squad mates leave server.
    And than when i get out and join steel server again i see those players there.
    Same is starting to happen to aerodome and fjell. And almost everyone leaves when rotty come in rotation.
    So private servers are already needed or dice need to put hamada-steel only rotation for operations, it will be very popular.
    TDM mode also get in rotation with other mods so ppl need to change server regularly if they want to play TDM only.
    And players are already whining in chat that conquest have low amount of tickets.
    Also operations is mix of many different modes, and you carry kills, deaths and points to another game/map and it last to long its hard to finish so many players, me included are leaving in the mid game, maybe rush will fix that idk.
  • Nateoxide
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    half decent awnser from dice would be great.
  • Axlerod1
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They are currently waiting for a group to look into RSP at this time that will decide if further investigation into RSP is needed to be looked into further for a debate to be determined at another time. LOL
  • SirNLeo
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game will be dead on arrival if RSP isnt in the day 1 patch.
  • ShevermiN
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well at the moment the only people in the game are the origin access players, today the pre order people join in and on the 20th the rest arrive. With 20+ servers last night I expect it to grow to over 100 in the next week because that's how many there was in the beta here in Australia.

The current auto server solution is working quite well and I can not see any damage being done to the player base if we have to wait a month for RSP.

It's very easy to start a server and stack a team with 8 to 16 players and let the auto join and the sheer weight of numbers fill the server. You can pub stomp to your hearts content all night.

I really can't understand how you so called old school gamer's can't work out how to use auto server to your advantage ??? I mean it's not that hard to start and fill a server with your clan mates..

I mean yes I'm hoping for a RSP so I can tweek the settings and play the maps and modes I like and have some control over the trolls. But for the few weeks waiting until a RSP the current server solution is one of the best offered so far.

• -Antares65z
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ShevermiN wrote: »

The current auto server solution is working quite well and I can not see any damage being done to the player base if we have to wait a month for RSP.........

I mean yes I'm hoping for a RSP so I can tweek the settings and play the maps and modes I like and have some control over the trolls. But for the few weeks waiting until a RSP the current server solution is one of the best offered so far.

Where did you get the impression that you have to wait just a few weeks for the RSP to materialize?
  • ShevermiN
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A few weeks can turn into a few months I know. I think if they drop the RSP (if at all) before the new year we will be very lucky indeed... I mean there is already a patch coming, and then the second part of the launch that happens in Dec with the extra map and the extra war story and other stuff..

• Metal_Jockets
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But for the few weeks waiting until a RSP the current server solution is one of the best offered so far.

Have you heard something in regards to RSP ?
  • Axlerod1
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    There is no rsp plan at this time.
    Dice hopes to have a discussion about whether or not to have RSP sometime in the future before the end of 2020.

Maybe that is another reason why BFV got the snub this year https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/13/18092186/game-awards-2018-nominees-show-date-start-time

Another funny thing, since the 1st and 2nd launch of BFV, EA stock has dropped to a 52 week low! That means players, buyers and stock share holders have lost faith in EA and DICE.
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Complete market is crashing, 2019 wont be a good year for anyone not only EA.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    MacaqueX wrote: »
    Complete market is crashing, 2019 wont be a good year for anyone not only EA.

Dont mind Axlerod, he has no clue what he is talking about. Just a bitter kid trying to find anyway to release his stress.
  • -Antares65z
    1452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    FF_smart27 wrote: »
    Actually you can configure a fair amount of VARS in RSP, such as turning off planes but not armor. Or removing a class like Scout or Elites. You can alter the minimum number of players to start a round from 20 to 6. You can turn off map voting, assign Standard Issue Rifles to all classes as well as some other stuff. The problem is, as soon as you make any changes to the Official settings, it makes the server Custom and then it disappears from the browser with default settings. Which means that it gets buried in the Custom server graveyard and will most likely never get traffic. There are only a handful of successful Custom servers.

Didn't custom servers always show at the top of the list in the server browser?
    The reason why there were only a handful sucessful servers was that there are only a handful platoons / communities that are big enough to support them.

Regardless of it being Custom or not, you can manipulate the position of the server in the browser results by incorporating certain symbology into the name that will list the server above the Official ones and others. That's why you saw them at the top of the browser.
  • -Antares65z
    A few weeks can turn into a few months I know. I think if they drop the RSP (if at all) before the new year we will be very lucky indeed... I mean there is already a patch coming, and then the second part of the launch that happens in Dec with the extra map and the extra war story and other stuff..

I'd be very surprised to see them roll out an RSP before March, as this game requires A LOT of polishing/bug fixes and they still need to roll out the Battle Royale mode which isn't expected until next Spring. I think all those things, at least in the eyes of EA, take precedence over an RSP that was pretty much a failure in BF1.
  • CrashCA
    830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I expect no RSP, however if they wait until Spring (which seems believable based on current game status) there is no point as most Communities will have given up on it by then.
  • Axlerod1
    It is going to take until Spring for Ea and DICE to get everything that they promised content wise to get out.
  • Jaskaman
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have to repeat this: Where is info about RSP?
  • -Antares65z
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    Have to repeat this: Where is info about RSP?

There is no info about RSP other than EA's comment that they'll provide more information about RSP in the future.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If EA implements RSP, I’ll buy the game then. If EA does not, oh well, no BF5 for me.