C4 jihad jeep

FF-Bulletsponge
435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to jihad jeep again and does c4/dynamite stick to walls and vehicles again?

Not being able to jihad jeep/horse in BF1 was one of the things that pissedme off in the game.

Comments

• Ameeba37
    1746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to know about this very important game mechanic as well
  • SirSpectacle
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A jihad jeep is way overkill when it comes to taking out BFV tanks. Just use a panzerfaust instead, much faster and easier.
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A jihad jeep is way overkill when it comes to taking out BFV tanks. Just use a panzerfaust instead, much faster and easier.

Screw the faster and easier part. Jihad jeep is way more fun
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    edited November 2018
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    I would like to know about this very important game mechanic as well

I always liked it when you were using c4 in bf4 ;)
  • BaronVonGoon
    6157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes, dynamite does indeed stick to things. I havent tested if it sticks to tanks (will try and report back) but it sticks to everything else. One issue though.... When you press the button to take out the dynamite kit theres now a longer delay. In previous battlefields you can go from primary gun to a tossed dynamite stick in the air within microseconds but in BFV if you try to do that before the animation delay, the dynamite stick falls on your feet and you end up killing yourself quite often. Very annoying. And it's not a short delay either... 800 milliseconds or so. Also the stickiness is a bit buggy as it's also kind of magnetic... Sometimes you aim the dynamite to be tossed at something only for it to stick at an wall near you, again killing you if you don't notice. As though it's magnetically attracted to things.
  • bran1986
    5021 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, dynamite does indeed stick to things. I havent tested if it sticks to tanks (will try and report back) but it sticks to everything else. One issue though.... When you press the button to take out the dynamite kit theres now a longer delay. In previous battlefields you can go from primary gun to a tossed dynamite stick in the air within microseconds but in BFV if you try to do that before the animation delay, the dynamite stick falls on your feet and you end up killing yourself quite often. Very annoying. And it's not a short delay either... 800 milliseconds. Also the sticky is a bit buggy. Sometimes you aim the dynamite to be tossed at something only for it to stick at an wall near you, again killing you if you don't notice. As though it's magnetically attracted to things.

Dynamite will stick to tanks but tankers get an upgrade that will coat their vehicle in a substance that will stop explosives from sticking to them.
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    Yes, dynamite does indeed stick to things. I havent tested if it sticks to tanks (will try and report back) but it sticks to everything else. One issue though.... When you press the button to take out the dynamite kit theres now a longer delay. In previous battlefields you can go from primary gun to a tossed dynamite stick in the air within microseconds but in BFV if you try to do that before the animation delay, the dynamite stick falls on your feet and you end up killing yourself quite often. Very annoying. And it's not a short delay either... 800 milliseconds or so. Also the stickiness is a bit buggy as it's also kind of magnetic... Sometimes you aim the dynamite to be tossed at something only for it to stick at an wall near you, again killing you if you don't notice. As though it's magnetically attracted to things.

That does sound as a big improvement from bf1. Maybe they can tweak the delay a bit in the future if there is enough feedback on it.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That does sound as a big improvement from bf1. Maybe they can tweak the delay a bit in the future if there is enough feedback on it.

Yes. Forgot to mention another improvement which I'm loving. The dynamite stick appears to have a longer throw distance and faster fly time. It's really good when your in a bind against a few infantry around a corner or in a room.
  • FF-Bulletsponge

Yes. Forgot to mention another improvement which I'm loving. The dynamite stick appears to have a longer throw distance and faster fly time. It's really good when your in a bind against a few infantry around a corner or in a room.

Not bad at all.

Do you know if the at mines have a placement restriction like bf1?
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited November 2018

Not bad at all.

Do you know if the at mines have a placement restriction like bf1?

No, don't know about that one really I never even knew they had restrictions in BF1 (Didn't use them much). In BFV I've been using them as pseudo limpet charges to destroy enemy fortifications. Place it and shoot it. You can place it anywhere from what I've seen so far. I think in BF1 they turn red when you're not allowed to place it on a spot then yellow if you're allowed. Not in BFV. They're like limpjts, toss it anywhere.