I miss the spotting from Battlefield I

shadowlord200
143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Don't get me wrong, I think its a good idea, but the spotting is just... urgh. It just isn't easy to use... wish It was like BF1

I personally like the simple version of spotting, you just press and boom, not have a yellow marker...

Also here's some nice quotes ;)

"ENEMY MEDIC THERE"

"THATS A SHOCKTROOPER"

"ENEMY TANK THERE!"

Comments

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm actually really enjoying it so far, just a personal opinion.

I've always played with a standard or close to standard FOV. Yes, I know I lose some peripheral vision, but it's worth it for the increased clarity on distant targets

I get that not everyone likes the changes, but it feels refreshing in my experience so far
  • BaronVonGoon
    7008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a lot of better than the beta. ALOT better. I'd say give it time. I agree I prefer to have spotting but they've made improvements in visibility that are surprisingly good. Also, once they fix footstep sounds that should help.
  • OrgBars88
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love being able to tag areas on the map with a yellow marker. When advancing with my squad ill tag the guard tower when i see movement and i guarantee ill see a panzerfaust flying in within 10 seconds.

You can still spot tanks and infantry, the marker just doesn't update and reports last known position.

You could play scout with the scouting scope? i think it still does the old school-ish spotting.
  • dr_fatcat_o3o
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would miss it less if it wasn't so damn difficult to distinguish enemies from the environment. I can't count how many times I've been killed by enemies I couldn't see in front of me. Combined with the faster time to kill, you'd be dead before you even realize there was someone there. This is not to be confused with enemies that flank and get the drop on you. I'm talking about standing still and surveying the environment and then dropping 1 second after muzzle flashes appear out of nowhere. Its like if BF5 was trying to make a case for removing 3D spotting, it is doing a terrible job at it imo.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Beating a dead horse but the spotting a location system instead of the shooting doritos system is literally my favorite change from BF1 to BF5
  • Quilex
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love the fact that spotting is way reduced, smoke is now useful you can get away from attackers and the fact that the kill cam is gone as well is making for a much better game experience for me.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quite honestly I hated the beta, felt meh. Bought the game anyways and quite enjoyed the 3-5 matches I played last night. Felt like I was inside the damn screen lol. It has a lot of work that needs done and as long as good content is added on this dreaded freemium model and that needed work gets done I'll be happy with the game.
  • emu1981
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like the new "spotting" but I still need to untrain myself from spamming Q lol

One thing that does annoy me is that spotting planes seems to be broken at the moment. I have tried to spot them quite a few times (I like to imagine that it helps my team's planes to know where the enemy planes are) and yet I have only ever managed to get a spot icon three or four times despite looking right at the plane.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I got god knows how many kills by simply aiming to those markers on the map.
  • CPKs_Arachnid
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Glad it's gone.

Yeah, it's one of the best changes IMO
  • StoneD0G
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good riddance! I can't believe some people actually prefer the horrible 3D spotting system. Enemies are suppose to be hard to spot, makes flanking so much easier without every game turning into a meat grinder.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StoneD0G wrote: »
    Good riddance! I can't believe some people actually prefer the horrible 3D spotting system. Enemies are suppose to be hard to spot, makes flanking so much easier without every game turning into a meat grinder.

My favorite response was a guy saying that if he wanted to look for his enemies he'd play arma or squad.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StoneD0G wrote: »

My favorite response was a guy saying that if he wanted to look for his enemies he'd play arma or squad.

Good for him, it'll be one less guy ranting in forums like the rest of us lol