is TTK too low?

Comments

• ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AlexdeF1 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but can somebody tell me how it is possible to have a different TTK and TTD?

If the server is doing one frame deaths as has been reported, then the deaths feel very unfair.

I think that's the issue currently, once that issue is resolved it should feel better for those being shot to have a chance at taking avoiding action.
    It won’t be resolved as it’s been an ongoing issue since bf4.
    The one frame deaths is down to packet bundling with multiple bullets put into one packet.
    They clearly can’t fix this so the ttk has to change because there netcode isn’t good enough to support it!

• BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but can somebody tell me how it is possible to have a different TTK and TTD?

If the server is doing one frame deaths as has been reported, then the deaths feel very unfair.

I think that's the issue currently, once that issue is resolved it should feel better for those being shot to have a chance at taking avoiding action.
    The one frame deaths is down to packet bundling with multiple bullets put into one packet.
    They clearly can’t fix this so the ttk has to change because there netcode isn’t good enough to support it!

No, it was resolved in BF4. It happening late in BF4s lifecycle and in BF1 was the exception rather than the norm. It's the norm in BFV. The majority of kills are one or two frames. TTD is bugged and it's been acknowledged by the devs!
  • TheRealestPepito
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    ArcBird wrote: »
    The only issue is TTD, as the servers make it seem sometimes, like you die instantly. TTK is fine.

This. Bundled damage is still a thing it seems.
  • Baabbas
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

I think if they address this it will be a great game.
    hopefully sooner than later
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only issue is TTD, as the servers make it seem sometimes, like you die instantly. TTK is fine.

This. Bundled damage is still a thing it seems.
    Yep it’s always been an issue then when you pair it with a fast ttk it’s ridiculous.
    Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to bang there head a few times
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

TTK is how long it takes you to kill someone. Say you it takes 4 bullets and 1.5 seconds for all 4 to hit the other player.
    TTD is how long your target experienced those bullets hitting him, in BFV's case more like 0.5 seconds because the net code is faulty and they registered all 4 bullets at once rather than in succession.
    I was tap firing across Hamada last night and honestly it must have taken me at least 3 seconds to land my shots but the guy didn't move once, no doubt from his perspective he got hammered by all my shots at once and insta-melted.

If a gun is firing at say 600 RPM it is firing 10 bullets per second. If they all hit you are going to get hit by 10 bullets in 1 second. Thus in such a small time frame 4 bullets killing you is going to feel like insta death as they will all hit you in 0.4 seconds. Nobody can react that quick surely?
    Or am I missing something here?
  • ackers75
    edited November 2018

TTK is how long it takes you to kill someone. Say you it takes 4 bullets and 1.5 seconds for all 4 to hit the other player.
    TTD is how long your target experienced those bullets hitting him, in BFV's case more like 0.5 seconds because the net code is faulty and they registered all 4 bullets at once rather than in succession.
    I was tap firing across Hamada last night and honestly it must have taken me at least 3 seconds to land my shots but the guy didn't move once, no doubt from his perspective he got hammered by all my shots at once and insta-melted.

If a gun is firing at say 600 RPM it is firing 10 bullets per second. If they all hit you are going to get hit by 10 bullets in 1 second. Thus in such a small time frame 4 bullets killing you is going to feel like insta death as they will all hit you in 0.4 seconds. Nobody can react that quick surely?
    You have to factor in tick rate amongst other things it’s simply not that easy
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I fear is how long is it going to take to fix this?
  • Trokey66
    9102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me, the 'problem' with the TTK as low as it is, is the number of accidental kills you can get.

On a surprising number of occasions, I not only killed they guy I can see but also the guy I couldn't see several yards behind him!

Pure skill though right? :#
  • ackers75
    What I fear is how long is it going to take to fix this?

The only fix is to prolong the ttk
  • V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I agree that the TTD is completely broken, now, if they do fix it asap we shall see if the TTK is appropriate too. It seems a tad too fast but I could adjust if they fixed the TTD.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You're not factoring three things into the equation:
    -Damage per bullet.
    -Bullet velocity.
    -Server refresh rate. Ideally we want a high tick rate because it breaks down the damage you receive into several frames rather than bundling them all into one frame giving an ugly insta death (ala call of duty).
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Nope you've got it, you literally just drop dead. It was worse in the beta though so some improvements have been made.
    I'd rather keep the TTK as it is, but can these issues be resolved? If it came down to BF1's TTK 2.0 and no insta deaths I'd be happier with that.
  • drquinnell
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

Your wrong on ttk it's to slow it takes me a hole clip to kill them it was fine in the beta
  • drquinnell
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Yeah, it's the TTD that's the problem. It's horrible right now.

And ttk it takes me over 3 quarter of a clip not good the beta was better I don't under stand it
  • MoskitoBasti
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have to agree that the TTK is pretty good but the TTD is just horrible right now. So many instant deaths... To me it feels like that the instant deaths happen more often against the beginner weapons. The game even plays the bullet sounds faster. That sounds especially funny with the Sten. When someone shoots me with it, it often sounds like a modern Submashine Gun.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is too short, I always die WAY to fast it seems.
  • klawhammer
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No !
    Definitely not.
    No way in hell.
    And no
  • drquinnell
    The beta was better than this TTk and TTD and the outher thing that gets on my goat assist kills you do all the work and some one gets the kill instead and my death ratio is bad now it was good in the beta not a problem so this needs sorting asap
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    Shooting first is a skill, probably the most important skill of all.

You wanna be able to take shots, jump around and try get headshots?
    lmao

phulease.
    No we want good aim, gun control and cover to beat twitch reactions and netcode glitches.