This Week in Battlefield V

ok, so what does everybody think of bfv?

Comments

• AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it mostly, graphics are amazing. Just a little too fast for me currently.
  • Xepburn
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Enjoying many aspects of the game, namely the gunplay and map design. However, in a world where games like Overwatch exist, BFV's lack of polish is glaring (and frankly unacceptable). There are so many obvious issues, bugs, and balance issues that I feel like I'm doing the playtesters' jobs for them.
  • drquinnell
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Good game just a couple of prob ttk is well off it was better in the beta I had time to turn round now I can't ttd is way to quick I don't get it I put a hole clip in to some one they die but seriously how many bullets please go back to the beta ttk and ttd
  • tamatem13
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Short answer: thumbs up.

I think Dice has a great game on their hands here, given they fix the bugs, buff/nerf where required, and fix balancing (I am sure they will do all that over time).

From my limited play time...
    They nailed:
    - gunplay (slightly to quick ttd tbh),,
    - graphics (love me some of those tanks... Panzer me to heaven baby!),
    - audio,
    - maps (in general),
    - attrition forcing ppl to teamwork,
    - no 3d spotting.

My beef with them:
    - cannot team swap (if I want to be on attacking team, let me choose),
    - war stories are mainly weaker than bf1. Besides, we surely need more than just 1 more war story (German one to come)... A lot of us like campaigns (not only MP).
    - Map sector boundries need limitation for opposite teams (defenders or attackers get to spawn locations on some maps).
    - adding conquest assult in Grand operations ..for me is a no no!

• PaulKariyaDucks
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like the core gameplay but holy jesus is there things to complain about.

As of right now it is just one big buggy mess. Matches that doesn't end, matches that doesn't start, enemies that seemingly take no damage, falling through the ground, falling through the ground on revive, phasing through walls on revive, clipping issues, lighting issues that sometimes make it impossible to see when you ads etc etc etc.

But where is the content? Honestly is this it? 8 very generic and boring maps. Generally there are like 2-3 REALLY good maps when you release the game but the only ones I find even remotely interesting is Arras and Fjell and even those two are not that good. With that said you will have lots of epic moments on every map because of the way they are built. Some of the weapons are just ripped straight from BF1 so there are not really as many new weapons as I was hoping but the ones that are in the game is fun to use.

But there are good things, GREAT things in fact.
    The attrition system is the best new feature because of how it forces the team play like.. well a team. Where it stands right now with the amount of ammo you spawn with is just perfect. The gunplay is crisp and nice and it is classes better than bf1 really. The fortification system is splendid aswell and it really works as well as I was hoping it would. Obviously sounds and graphics is world class.

All in all it is a good game but it is lacking content.
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m enjoying the game. I am more strategic in this game than the last few. I love the required squad work to win games, but it sucks when you have a squad that doesn’t help rather they run out in the open and die over and over. Increase the TTK and it’s close to amazing. Currently I say is a great game.
  • SirBobdk
    4065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't know.
    It's fun, but does not feel quite right. There is simply too little vehicle play in this game.
    Feel like I'm playing an infantry game and it's more of less just run and gun between flags
    It's getting boring quickly.
    Got premier for 30 days but not sure if I'm gonna extend the period og buy the game.
  • Louie-the-Rat
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So far I like it very much. Much better game play than Battlefield 1. I really disliked battle field 1, but it was the only game in town. I always played hardcore in BF1 because it did away with alot of the things I disliked about the game. This game seems to have done away with a lot of the stuff I disliked in BF1. I just hope they have a better anti cheat system than in BF1. There was so much cheating in BF1 it really ruined the game.
  • PineNeedle789
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    likes : Maps, no 3d spotting, graphics and whole lot of things.
    Dislike : Gunplay (no recoil), TTD/TTK both too fast, Sprinting(too fast), medic class.
  • Getier
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It very very camper friendly, I went on some insane killstreaks by camping with my lmg. Guess the lack of spoting is the culprit.
    But for the moment its fun.
  • MentalMike88
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's **** ****
  • MentalMike88
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Balancing issues is horrendous no point in playing medic as every gun in the whole game out classes you no matter if you shoot first or getbthe drop on someone

Game needs hard-core don't understand why release a game with no hard-core doesn't make sense to me

Worst battlefield I've ever played thank God i didn't even pay for it
  • drquinnell
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    tamatem13 wrote: »
    Short answer: thumbs up.

I think Dice has a great game on their hands here, given they fix the bugs, buff/nerf where required, and fix balancing (I am sure they will do all that over time).

From my limited play time...
    They nailed:
    - gunplay (slightly to quick ttd tbh),,
    - graphics (love me some of those tanks... Panzer me to heaven baby!),
    - audio,
    - maps (in general),
    - attrition forcing ppl to teamwork,
    - no 3d spotting.

My beef with them:
    - cannot team swap (if I want to be on attacking team, let me choose),
    - war stories are mainly weaker than bf1. Besides, we surely need more than just 1 more war story (German one to come)... A lot of us like campaigns (not only MP).
    - Map sector boundries need limitation for opposite teams (defenders or attackers get to spawn locations on some maps).
    - adding conquest assult in Grand operations ..for me is a no no!

TTD is not like the beta so it's not right and TTK is to long so that isn't right either
  • drquinnell
    ExoskeIett wrote: »
    I enjoyed Battlefield 1 way longer than V, the game became boring after ~80 hours of playtime - BF5 was frustrating on the second day already. It has too many bugs, things been changed that ruined the gameplay alot (such as these bad revives atm), the guns are pretty much exact same as they were in Battlefield 1 on release, some totaly broken, some useless and in a few months all of them are paintball guns anyways.

Im happy it was in the premiere access so i had the chance to test it long enough, once the "wow graphics" feeling vanished and the game shows its true face.

I dont want to say that Battlefield 1 was good, no, it actually was terrible - but it was better than V thats for sure.

But im frankly pissed about that this game has the exact same bugs, as previous frostbite titles once again. 1 HP Bug from Battlefield 3 is back here, the Instantkill all bullets in one datapacket bug from Alpha is back in and the list is just so endless, id need some tips on how to enjoy battlefield 5 right now - im literally playing some walking to death simulator or sth and while i sit in the spawnscreen im playing a game on my phone in the meanwhile, its unenjoyable atm and highly frustrating.

The revive functionality right now is one of those things that ruins at minimum 50% of the entire game, nobody is going for a revive because of this long ... animation, a simple siringe with a cooldown and a 1 click back alive button wouldve been way better.

Also not to mention the entire user interface, it is a mess, like the first introduction of windows 8 where everyone complained on how to be this bad in designing it... exact same here - sometimes im asking myself if developers become degenerated beeings that can no longer explain in words, while throwing nonsense blinky blinky icons that nobody understands everywhere.

When ive opened the common rose i was literally thinking "what caveman on moon did try to express what it does".

I agree with the revive to long being medic
  • RobertWatermanLi
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Make servers tickrate work properly, fix the glitch of TTK & TTD asap and let me win gun duel like in BF3/4/1 in the same network, then IT'S AN AMAZING GAME.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Sammy_SUN1 wrote: »
    Worst BF ever. They wanted to ride the PubG wave and made the atrition system. Everyone hated it in the beta, so they made a little softer. As a result of that plus TTK plus long death animation and bleeding, everyone tends to stay alive more...how? hiding...camping. And saying it s not camping it s tactical strategy. Too bad. Offensive assault player, like myself, it s not possible. As soon as u go in the open to a flag u get shot from 15 angles. Even tanks camp on hills at edges of map. Great job Dice. Amazing game.

I find visibility a problem, and you need to adjust your firing point to the position of the rifle, not the eyeballs. There is no excuse in today's programming not to have done that by now.

The game definitely punishes aggressiveness. Visibility is hard for attackers, yet benefits campers. So far it's an ambush game. Also MG's need to be nerfed. They are being used a sniper weapons - I'd delete the one shot, and make it a three shot burst with some spread. The game needs better balance for attackers. I like that people actually die when you shoot them. Unless I'm playing hard core and didn't notice... Hmm...

AA guns are sniper bait, whether zapped by a sniper or an engineer's MG. Air? I don't appreciate being a clay pigeon for aircraft. Those kills should not count.

Also, we need legit ways around choke points rather than the standard running off the map and beat feet before you die as a "deserter"... EA and choke points are like bread an butter. There are other options you know. One option is to have drawn in boundaries move a bit just like when you buff and nerf guns just to mess with people's habits.

The only real sniper problem was a guy tearing it up but I haven't seen him around so he's probably waiting out his ban. LOL.

Team balance sucks, and the overall interface as you join, wait, and play the game are a bit confusing.

So far, it's pretty good being as how no updates have occurred yet.

• tamatem13
    156 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    An update to my previous comment above...

Loving the game even more, and see how much potential this game has.

Additional Positives:
    - fortification
    - more strategic than previous bf

Additional beef with the game:
    - foot steps (as in the lack of. major major problem and irritation)
    - AA guns are way too weak (damage against planes is very low and it overheats too quick). Needs a buff for sure (major issue).
    - kill cam not showing killers location if far away for me (please bring back like bf1... Want to see them tea bag me :D )
    - cannot change teams
    - team swap burried in options menu (not just a button on squad roster like bf1)
    - spotting flare radius is very small
    - smgs are too weak (damage). And many feel the same. Also, need variation in damage.
    - tank numbers in Grand operations (that support tanks) need to be more (too few). Besides the fact that the game play needs more of them (the grand part and all)... I almost never get a chance to play them.