This Week in Battlefield V

Why Is There No Kicking of Inactive/AFK Players in a Lobby?

BaconRebellion
2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Was playing TDM last night, and one of my squadmates was inactive for the whole match (15+ minutes). He was spawned in, we could spawn on him, but he was idle. Not moving, not spinning around by rubberbanding the controller, but stationary. He went 0-0 and was in a far corner of the map. In BF 1, if you were inactive or idle for 5 minutes or more, you were kicked from the lobby to make room for someone who would actually play and contribute to the team. In BF V it seems like it doesn't matter if you are idle or AFK, the game isn't going to kick you, which is a big issue. In a mode like FL/Dom/TDM, having 1 person idle is just as bad as having 1 less person. It would be good if after several minutes of being idle, players were kicked from the lobby.

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    He may not be inactive. Just stuck and unable to move. The server may recognize his controller or mouse input therefore restarting the idle timer. It's happening to alot of people. I have 2 clips of the bug I'm going to send to the devs later. It happens when you spawn at the start of a round. You see your teammates moving but you cannot move at all and have to redeploy.
  • CooolBreeze
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Boy, you know if there was an RSP with admin tools, this probably would be way easier to deal with, but DICE is unable to walk and chew gum at the same time so we will maybe get RSP and admin controls if they get around to it.
  • Theteckmtl
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i see that when i go to the store and when i coming back i was in the match again :(
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He may not be inactive. Just stuck and unable to move. The server may recognize his controller or mouse input therefore restarting the idle timer. It's happening to alot of people. I have 2 clips of the bug I'm going to send to the devs later. It happens when you spawn at the start of a round. You see your teammates moving but you cannot move at all and have to redeploy.

But he never redeployed. He was in the same spot all match. If he redeployed he wouldve had a death stat on the scoreboard right? He was 0-0 all game.
  • Flexigem
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can approve that. Just played yesterday, died, stayed in the lobby and went AFK because I suddenly got visitors at my home. I totally forgot about the game. When I came back, I saw that I was still in the game lurking in the lobby. I had bad feelings about that because the actual TOW relies heavily on every team member with 8 vs 8. Now I know. This should be fixed ! Inactive lobby players should be kicked after a period of 10minutes.