PS4 Controller Support on PC

DreadedWhiteKong
3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know it isn't exactly the popular option on PC, but personally I enjoy playing with a controller. I have a Scuf Impact controller for PS4. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that Battlefield V supports the PS4 controller as a peripheral, only the Xbox controller. Has anybody else run into this issue? Is there a fix? Or am I screwed? Every other game I've played on my PC has support for both Xbox and PS4 controllers. I would've expected a company as large as EA to have that same support, but I guess that was a bold assumption.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Comments

• stonedape420
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    yessir, I play controller on PC too. Xbox controllers are natively recognized and function accordingly. With any Playstation controller or the like, you'll need to use a software such as DS4windows to function. This is a primary reason I switched to Xbox style controllers years ago. You could die waiting on devs/managment to get anything like plug-and-play DS4 support accomplished.
  • DreadedWhiteKong
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I think the thing that is so odd is that this is the only game I have played on my PC that doesn't support PS controllers - - - Fortnite and countless steam games - all have PS4 controller compatibility. I don't have an issue with Xbox controllers, I just have a preference toward PS controllers. I just think it is weird that a company develops a game for all platforms, PS included, but doesn't support their controller as a peripheral.
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you download a program called input mapper. it runs the ps4 controller fine. it is better than ds4windows.