This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield V Daily Orders and Special Assignments

Comments

• Quilex
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As you go up in levels on class or weapon you unlock the assignments. As you you do those assignments you unlock the next. Provided they track of course.
  • Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I leveled Gewehr 43 to level 4 and got the first mastery assignment for it.
  • RoddersaurusRex
    13 postsMember, Developer DICE
    Hi :)

So... a couple of quick updates:

There's a bug with the Daily Orders, whereby if you got a daily which you already had, one time before you won't be able to make progress on it again. I think we've fixed that with a small update to our servers today. But if you have that problem: where a daily order isn't tracking your progress -- or a Special Assignment, please PM me with your Gamertag and Platform you're playing on and when you were playing.

There's also a bug in our rank rewards system which can effect getting your Proficiency and Mastery Assignments. We're working to address this as fast as possible. However, you're supposed to get them is by leveling up the class or the weapon. We drop the Proficiency Assignments half way through progression and then Mastery at max rank. You can see when they drop in the Profile menus.

I'm glad to read your thoughts on the Dailies and the Assignments, please keep them coming and don't hesitate to PM me if you prefer.

Cheers,

Rodders

• Kongo030
    In general I like the new system a lot. No more stress to get weekly medals or crazy things distracting from the game.
    Thank you for that sir!

Especially I like that there's an easier option which just takes longer for people like me. The pro gamers can simply grind through them faster by doing the x in one round assignments. All should be happy.
  • Neil_Enbob
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You've done a good job with daily assignments or daily orders. A small increase to the amount of reward points would be a welcomed addition.

I know this is a bit off topic, but hopefully you can pass this feedback onto the dev team. We need more HUD options. Let us turn on/off every aspect of the HUD. I enjoy the no HUD option, but it's very difficult to know the enemy team from friendlies.

I would like the option to turn off the majority of the HUD, but leave icons above my teammates heads.
  • andyskins2
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be good if there was a list of completed assignments instead of them just disappearing. Pretty sure I've completed a big one thibk it was called remeber the old days or somethibg along those lines. Said it was worth 15000 credits but I didn't seem to get any reward and there's currently no way of checking.
  • Kongo030
    It wasn't 15K credits but 15K XP :)
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    andyskins2 wrote: »
    It would be good if there was a list of completed assignments instead of them just disappearing. Pretty sure I've completed a big one thibk it was called remeber the old days or somethibg along those lines. Said it was worth 15000 credits but I didn't seem to get any reward and there's currently no way of checking.

That'd be a good idea. You do get a nice equipable emblem though for that assignment if that helps?
  • 7Hellstroem
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi, I resently was very lucky in getting 4 head shot kills in one live in the capture area (gun: carabine a1-m1, task 6) .. however this is much to diffucult i would say. i was just very lucky because the guys didnt see me, because i was on a higher position. as well getting 10 head shot kills in one round in that area, seems very diffucult. in BF1 i did approx 1 head shot kill for 10 normal kills. if there are similar tasks maybe u can nerf them a little bit.
    otherwise i found the special assigments (english and german paratrooper assigments) very cool... it takes longer to acheave but not so stressfull like 4 headshots in one life :) .. so maybe u can add more of them to the system additional to the more easy daily tasks.
  • disposalist
    8598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hi Rodders, great that you're taking a direct approach with feedback, at least on this one issue, thanks. It would be great to see devs canvasing on other issues like this. I hope my feedback helps: -

The most annoying thing with assignments is having to leave a game to change them, even though you can view them.

Sometimes assignments don't show you an update indicator even when you know it should have (or even completion). Sorry I have nothing more concrete than that statement.

Some have wrong text. For example, I believe Sten Prof 2 said "30 kills in a round" (which is a lot for Prof 2) but I believe I only got 5 or so to complete it.

Some have weird combos of requirement. For example, there was one part requiring Airbourne, Allied and transport plane destroys. Allied is only defense on one map, so this meant you had to join Grand Ops in Rotterdam at day 1 as allied. Getting 5 plane kills was very tough there as AA is popular and with buildings you had very little time to destroy them. This lead to a frustrating assignment. There were others where the map and faction were very restrictive too.

Some class assignments are not based in that class. The very first Medic assignment requires just kills and damage done! What are we teaching new medics?

Proficiency assignments only seem to occur several levels in, for both class and weapons. I'm not sure why you wouldn't use these are training/teaching aids for much earlier. You are becoming proficient at classes and weapons before the assignments even turn up.

Assignments requiring you to be prone seem to encourage camping. Not a big deal, but not a great 'proficiency' to encourage?

Restricting to an active choice of 4 assignments is frustrating. I don't see the positives. Do you guys maybe have a technical restriction of updates for them firing like happened in BF1?
  • Kongo030
    The in game changing of assignments was mentioned recently as being addressed.
    Think if you can grind all assignments in parallel then they'd be done to fast. There's no unlimited choice on assignments and if people want everything in the beginning there's soon nothing left to do and people complain again.
    Same with weapons etc. if everything is there at release future DLCs will be boring.
  • Neil_Enbob
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please invest in the Sony BVM-X300 for mastering your games Dice. This monitor is the gold standard. HDR colour accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

https://www.3dbroadcastsales.com/sony-bvm-x300-4k-oled-30-inch-master-monitor
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    what EVERYONE is making really angry is the fact that you can't change assignments, without having to leave.
    It can't be that difficult to change that, really. Cmon!
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see more Special Assignments that are focused on Playing the Objective … maybe have Proficiency and Master levels for Playing the Objective? Revive while defending (or attacking), same with Resupply, Spotting, 5 Flag Defender kills, etc.
  • 7Hellstroem
    Hi, I resently was very lucky in getting 4 head shot kills in one live in the capture area (gun: carabine a1-m1, task 6) .. however this is much to diffucult i would say. i was just very lucky because the guys didnt see me, because i was on a higher position. as well getting 10 head shot kills in one round in that area, seems very diffucult. in BF1 i did approx 1 head shot kill for 10 normal kills. if there are similar tasks maybe u can nerf them a little bit.
    otherwise i found the special assigments (english and german paratrooper assigments) very cool... it takes longer to acheave but not so stressfull like 4 headshots in one life :) .. so maybe u can add more of them to the system additional to the more easy daily tasks.

uff... for the golden plated task 6, either 10 headshot kills in ojective area in one life or 20 headshot kills in objectiv area in one life? seriously? (i guess the second is a spelling error).. but is this skin just suppose for those guys how make youtube videos? maybe add 500 headshot kills in total or something.. this is much to difficult, no?
  • Qwagm1re
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Hi,
    My name is Rodders and I’m a Game Designer here at DICE working on the Daily Orders and Assignments feature in BFV. In BFV we want to reward you for playing the objective, so we have Daily Orders which are short, easy tasks you can complete every day; and we have Special Assignments, medium to long challenges that should take some effort to complete.

We'd like to hear your thoughts on the Assignments. Which ones do you find frustrating? What could make them better? Is the risk worth the reward?

Looking forward to your feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism and continuing this conversation.

Cheers,

Rodders

You did your job poorly, you should be fired. Maybe the next person will do it right the first time. Peace out.
  • Ryan_VVong
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I hope that the daily small tasks will become more difficult and the rewards will be increased. I forgot to complete the "Battlefield 5" mission in Battlefield 1, which caused my Battlefield 5 account to become incomplete.
  • uenaldo
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i totally dont get how it works. ive maxed out assault to 20 with golden stg and everything, some uniforms as well thru assault special assignments. now there is nothing left and i guess i need to play 1 gun of any class to max to get everything for that gun AND class? looked motivating at first, now it's already boring after 5 days :^/
    i feel like rare / epic rewards should have taken more bullet points to accomplish and maybe something like "get a kill from 200m" or anything individual, rather than 500 dmg with flak and 3 bomb sites armed (which is only a effort of time, not of skill)
  • Feradius
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    About weapon mastery assignments tier 6, I've done all medic mastery assignments so i was thinking giving a little feedback.

It seems that requirement to those were little bit too high, like 10 kills in one life with hip firing while enemy is in objective area or 20 kills in a round same thing. If people are happy with requirements, at least numbers should tune down (5 kills one life, 10-15 kills one round or so) a bit at least to make it bit easier yet challenging, since both requirements are time-gated to one round. And before i forgot, one weapon didn't even had any hip-fire specialization talents so it made that even harder than other weapons.

EDIT: And i forgot almost, time was pretty tight in Conquest mode at least, usually tickets were like 50 or less before i got all required kills. Grand Operation either ended too quickly since count resets on each day or another team was too good to get through in objective area.

I really do hope that other classes weapon mastery tier 6 assignments aren't this frustrating to do because i cant control much where enemy is.
    Post edited by Feradius on
  • 7Hellstroem
    Feradius wrote: »
    About weapon mastery assignments tier 6, I've done all medic mastery assignments so i was thinking giving a little feedback.

It seems that requirement to those were little bit too high, like 10 kills in one life with hip firing while enemy is in objective area or 20 kills in a round same thing. If people are happy with requirements, at least numbers should tune down (5 kills one life, 10-15 kills one round or so) a bit at least to make it bit easier yet challenging, since both requirements are time-gated to one round. And before i forgot, one weapon didn't even had any hip-fire specialization talents so it made that even harder than other weapons.

EDIT: And i forgot almost, time was pretty tight in Conquest mode at least, usually tickets were like 50 or less before i got all required kills. Grand Operation either ended too quickly since count resets on each day or another team was too good to get through in objective area.

I really do hope that other classes weapon mastery tier 6 assignments aren't this frustrating to do because i cant control much where enemy is.

For assault tier 6 u need 10 headshot kills in one life in objective area! seems even more frustrating than hipfire kills dont you think? :(