Latest Update kills performance on high end systems

Burk_TV
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
(this was a reply on another thread by myself, about the same issue, any other help/others in the same dilemma reply so this can get pushed up to the devs)

Before update (even in beta/alpha) , I was running a smooth 60fps (capped) all ultra settings and now even on low settings I can barely get 30fps.

Cards a GTX 1080 MSI Gaming X 8Gb
CPU is an i7 4770k @ 3.8 Ghz
24 Gb RAM
Windows 10 x64

I've tried everything including:

-Changing in game settings (everything including DX11 & DX12)
-Reinstalling BFV
-Repairing BFV
-Installing BFV on an SSD
-Clean install of GPU drivers
-Clean install of Direct X
-Cleaning Registry
-Restarting PC
-Changing Settings on Nvidia control panel
-Dusting my tower
-Ensuring all hardware is secure
-Disabling Nvidia HD Audio Drivers
-Overclocking (Slightly, no improvement)
-Disabling Antivirus
-Browsing Forums/YT/Friends for other suggestions
-Installed latest 1809 windows update
-Scanned PC with antivirus (no results)

As I said, everything was PERFECT before this last update, all of a sudden i can barely get 25-30 fps, :(

Comments

• 01JPIZZLE10
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm got better for me though on older hardware 980ti. Maybe try clean install of nvidia driver and make sure future frame rendering is on.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That cpu is barely minimum spec. My friend has one and we overclocked it for this game to 4.2ghz and seen some improvements. You have a better card than him as he has a 780 classified which is pretty heavily overclocked also.

He runs 1080p at 60fps on medium settings running dx11 and future frame rendering on. He gets more than 60 FPS but this game is so cpu demanding he locks FPS to monitor refresh rate and that knock some load off the cpu. Thrybthese settings and report back. Also in the NVIDIA control panel under you need to change power management mode to maximum performance and change the slider under adjust image settings to high performance and select use my preference. Also make sure under windows you select high performance power plan under windows power settings.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NVIDIA wouldn’t be happy with DICE if they allow high performance on a non RTX video card ;);)
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    It is all about the money
  • Bazil281
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    check your resolution scale . if you installed geforce experience uninstall it. it killed my fps in the beta
  • IIIIApexIIII
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I got better performance in DX12 mode (i.e. no more hitching) and much better performance with future frame rendering turned off. So overall, a big improvement for me after the update. My specs: I7 8700k, 1080 Ti, 16 Gb RAM. 3440*1440 100hz.
  • GTT_Ch0pper
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same as the comment above. I'm getting better performance of dx12 at 1440p with a rtx2070. (FFR off). Sitting between 80-120 fps depending on map and chaos. And it's smooth all the time
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ive got an MSI Laptop i7-4700 2.4 Nvidia GTX 780 M and most gfx settings are on Ultra and im not having any issues at all,
  • V1kingH4mster
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    i have to fix this game every time i load it its bloody stupid, constantly changing settings and they revert back to original settings,set up nvidia control panel to perfet settings works fine then next time i reload the game i get massive fps drops were its completely unplayable i mean like 10 fps doesn't matter whet settings i use just doesn't work.

i7 [email protected]
    16gb [email protected]
    gigabyte gtx 1070 8gb
    ssd with plenty of room

i know the cpu is recommended spec and the others are a little better,im considering an upgrade in next few weeks to a i5 8600k and 16gb of ddr4

just can't enjoy the game atm,what little i have played ive really enjoyed but the whole wanting to play is overshadowed by the will it work element
  • CSO7777
    1540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    i have to fix this game every time i load it its bloody stupid, constantly changing settings and they revert back to original settings,set up nvidia control panel to perfet settings works fine then next time i reload the game i get massive fps drops were its completely unplayable i mean like 10 fps doesn't matter whet settings i use just doesn't work.

i7 [email protected]
    16gb [email protected]
    gigabyte gtx 1070 8gb
    ssd with plenty of room

i know the cpu is recommended spec and the others are a little better,im considering an upgrade in next few weeks to a i5 8600k and 16gb of ddr4

just can't enjoy the game atm,what little i have played ive really enjoyed but the whole wanting to play is overshadowed by the will it work element

I don't think your performance will be better. Your existing CPU is probably a little better than a I5-8600K. Something else must be wrong check temps, standby-memory-issue etc.

The issues with settings is the game, perhaps you should repair the game and reset origin (there are guides somewhere). It will not go away with a new CPU. If you reinstall windows, the game and all, it probably will, but the CPU has nothing to do with this.
  • Burk_TV
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That cpu is barely minimum spec. My friend has one and we overclocked it for this game to 4.2ghz and seen some improvements. You have a better card than him as he has a 780 classified which is pretty heavily overclocked also.

He runs 1080p at 60fps on medium settings running dx11 and future frame rendering on. He gets more than 60 FPS but this game is so cpu demanding he locks FPS to monitor refresh rate and that knock some load off the cpu. Thrybthese settings and report back. Also in the NVIDIA control panel under you need to change power management mode to maximum performance and change the slider under adjust image settings to high performance and select use my preference. Also make sure under windows you select high performance power plan under windows power settings.

Ive done all of that, and the 4770k may be 4th gen, but with any other demanding games i have no problems at all with fps. As I said before, before the update, the game ran perfectly on ultra settings at 60 fps. Thank you for the feedback though! :)
  • Renamed1011090118
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is this game is to cpu demanding its honesty ridiculous. Your cpu is fine for pretty much any other game and my post was definitely not knocking your hardware. I have a 8086k at 5.2ghz and a 2080ti and I have some problems also with this game. I have frame drops and stutter here and there. It did get some better for me since the update as I switched to dx12 with ffr off. My friend with the same cpu as you and a 780 can’t run dx12 he gets terrible frame drops. This game uses 100% of my cpu during certain times of the match and is always 65% or higher all the time. The game is poorly optimized and you would think Dice would understand after the last to battlefields. One Bf4 was just terrible at launch and BF1 was a decent launch but what did it last a year maybe? Looks like this game will be on the same track. This could very well be the last Battlefield game or the last one Dice does if it doesn’t perform and if the bugs can’t get worked out fast.
  • impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have had no performance issues. But the games performance is much like SWBF2. To fix it until months later when EA fixed it, is to use rivia tuner and set some perimeters.
  • Burk_TV
    I honestly think that this Ray Tracing update screwed something up for many people. im stuck playing on low til the next update. I hope EA/dice fixes this SOON. kinda a waste to pay $15 to play early for 2 days then this update messed everything up :(
  • Cutchall11
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The most recent NVIDIA driver lowered my FPS by about 20-25. Was getting steady 125-135, now it runs at 105 with a few stutters throughout the night. Haven't tried DX12 yet.
  • SavageBeastZero
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From Alpha, Beta and final release my performance has always been incredibly good, but since the recent patch and driver releases, my performance has greatly increased. So, this is definitely not something that's affecting everyone.
  • makaaly
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Thank god a found this thread. I have the same issue i7-6700k, gtx 1080. Since the recent patch I have huge fps drops in player heavy areas, going down to 45-50 fps even.
    Regardless of resolution (1080p to 1440p+133% upscaling so basically 4k), regardless of DirectX version, regardless of future frame rendering, regardless of ultra or low settings, no difference.
    I hope this will get fixed soon because makes playing the game very frustrating.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I got better performance in DX12 mode (i.e. no more hitching) and much better performance with future frame rendering turned off. So overall, a big improvement for me after the update. My specs: I7 8700k, 1080 Ti, 16 Gb RAM. 3440*1440 100hz.

Same here with a GTX 1070.

DX 12 is absolutely rocking after the update. If you guys haven't tried it yet, you really should. It's no longer a stuttery mess like it once was and may very well give you better overall performance than DX 11.
  • Jonathan_texx
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    i will try dx 12
  • Heradon89
    This game runs silky smooth on both cards 980 and 2080ti.