Weekly BF

SLI & mGPU are Dead!

Comments

• IdiotBox
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else get crazy flickering/shimmering when using the BF1 or Battlefront 2 compatibility bits on 416.94? When aiming down sights and strafing, the entire gun looks like a blur. Disabling motion blur fixed that, but smoke is all messed up, and the propellers on planes have some strange effects going on as well. Frame rates are great, but visual glitches not so much. Guess I'll stick with DX12 mode and let my second 1070 sit there idle.
  • MaikelMcGiver123
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same issues with my SLI 1080 config. We should have patience untill there is a proper SLI config for BF V. I do hope it's avaible soon. I don't see any rain either and my squad mates with single cards do...
  • IdiotBox
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • IdiotBox
    I have the same issues with my SLI 1080 config. We should have patience untill there is a proper SLI config for BF V. I do hope it's avaible soon. I don't see any rain either and my squad mates with single cards do...

"we should have patience" LOL!

I had patience for SLI in BF1. Apparently they eventually added it, but my patience ran out before that (oh, and the game was absolutely atrocious too, so that was the main reason). It's unacceptable that a flagship game running on an engine with existing SLI/multi-gpu support launches with ZERO multi-gpu support, especially when they're buddy buddy with Nvidia.
  • MaikelMcGiver123
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    With patience I didn't mean a specific time frame but I do understand it should not take months to deliver a proper working SLI profile. I do hope the devs here and people working at Nvidia can deliver this, I've read so many bug reports and other things that I fear that this SLI issue is not on top of their priority list, and that is a shame.
  • Vandiekins
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IdiotBox wrote: »

"we should have patience" LOL!

I had patience for SLI in BF1. Apparently they eventually added it, but my patience ran out before that (oh, and the game was absolutely atrocious too, so that was the main reason). It's unacceptable that a flagship game running on an engine with existing SLI/multi-gpu support launches with ZERO multi-gpu support, especially when they're buddy buddy with Nvidia.

Thats the problem, being buddy with nvidia. Nvidia created sli and they are the ones killing it. They would rather have you buy a 1300$ gpu than adding a second 600$ one and outperforming the newest 2080ti.
  • XJinXXZ
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After BF1 when they stopped supporting SLI I went to the titan cards...
  • NamelessForNow
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    XJinXXZ wrote: »
    After BF1 when they stopped supporting SLI I went to the titan cards...

???
  • MaikelMcGiver123
    You can't evenn play BF V with A 2080TI in 4K with RTX on so you must have 2 cards. They must support it eventually.
  • PL_Gwynbleidd_77
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Vandiekins wrote: »

Hmm, there’s a known issue with SLI and G-Sync. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Try using DSR. I have better SLI + G-Sync performance while using a little DSR.

• Ovrclck
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone using 700 series card, the 416.34 will put your system at a crawl. Too bad as that helped me get SLI to work properly.
  • CodeRedDewdAZ
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bee144 wrote: »
    reverb_za wrote: »
    Tried both drivers - same performance on both.

Cards only at 40% usage and cant get over 60FPS

2x1080ti with 5960x @4.4Ghz

Please help if anybody can advise

Turn on future frame rendering in the game

I'm thinking you're CPU bound. I get maybe 90 max on two 1080Ti FTW3 sli. My CPU is pretty much maxed out, so that's why I'm limited. I'm running on ultra and everything maxed out and it doesn't help to reduce settings, because my CPU is 100% nearly.

USE THE 416.34 driver from Nvidia for SLI to work properly. I had issues and found that it works great with that version for BFV.
  • CodeRedDewdAZ
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    By the way everyone, you will be CPU bound on BFV if you have SLI 1080 Ti...... I can only pump out 85FPS max with my i7-4790k that is maxed out and my cards are only at 60% usage. I need more CPU to push my graphics cards harder. I haven't tried DX12 on this yet.
  • DukeSan27
    1188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    By the way everyone, you will be CPU bound on BFV if you have SLI 1080 Ti...... I can only pump out 85FPS max with my i7-4790k that is maxed out and my cards are only at 60% usage. I need more CPU to push my graphics cards harder. I haven't tried DX12 on this yet.

I am assuming 4K resolution?

And you say all 8 threads are at 100%?
  • IdiotBox
    Tried both drivers - same performance on both.

Cards only at 40% usage and cant get over 60FPS

2x1080ti with 5960x @4.4Ghz

Please help if anybody can advise

Turn on future frame rendering in the game

I'm thinking you're CPU bound. I get maybe 90 max on two 1080Ti FTW3 sli. My CPU is pretty much maxed out, so that's why I'm limited. I'm running on ultra and everything maxed out and it doesn't help to reduce settings, because my CPU is 100% nearly.

USE THE 416.34 driver from Nvidia for SLI to work properly. I had issues and found that it works great with that version for BFV.

You will be "CPU bound" in DX11 with FFR off, even with a single card.

The Frostbite engines have always scaled VERY well from a multi-thread/core count perspective. Your quad core dinosaur would bottleneck even a single 1080 Ti.
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

I am assuming 4K resolution?

And you say all 8 threads are at 100%?

I haven't tried 4k since I got SLI working, but I'd assume he's at 100% on 8 threads regardless of resolution. My 4.5ghz 6C/12T Haswell-E sits at 95-100% usage at 1440p with my 2x 1070 SLI only running around 80-90% usage. Single card I'm pegged at 100% GPU usage with my FPS only limited by the stupid power limit on the GPU.
    I'm not sure how well this game scales beyond 8C/16T, but I think you'd need at least a 5ghz+ 9900k to let a Pascal SLI setup stretch its legs.
  • FrontFighterHD
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can confirm this!
    Running a 4770k @ 4,2ghz and 2x 1080ti.
    The cards have about 50-60% usage, the CPU 100%.

Now I ordered a new Pc with an 8700k.. :D
  • Gunridden
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone have luck while using the latest driver?
  • MaikelMcGiver123

I'm using the 416.34 driver but still see some flickering and I don't see rain. What profile are you using for BF V to have it properly working as you stated ?

Now I ordered a new Pc with an 8700k.. :D

Nice, I'm now running 8700K with 1080 non TI running in SLI on 4K, ultra settings and 80-100fps.
  • Markiebaby
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dumb question here - I haven't seen anything in the game settings about enabling SLI (and bare in mind I have two GTX970s) - so where is the SLI settings (or lack thereof) as I haven't changed anything in the general settings????? I'm curious/worried now!!!!
  • sKutDeath
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just wanted to chime in here after lurking. First thanks to all of you with your help, tips, and information, it really helped out. So after months of trial and error and 2 RMA's, I am glad to say I have finally got BFV playing on 2 x 2080 Ti in SLI with DRT on the PG348Q STrix 3440 x 1440 in ULTRA settings and everything. I use the medium DRT setting for BFV because the ULTRA drops fps down to 50FPS in DRT intensive maps, (Rotterdam, etc...). It took alot of effort and money to get here, but there we are...