ok, so what does everybody think of bfv?

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I like to think of things in terms of cars. If BF4 was a Ferrari and BFV is a Mercedes AMG, then BF1 is a 1994 Honda Civic which may or may not have been stolen.

Keep the casual, noob friendly BF1 gameplay far away from BFV. The two don't compare.

If BF4 is a Ferrari, then what was BF2 and BF3? Certainly you don't consider BF4 to be better than those games? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and BF4 was the second worst BF game in the series, taking its place behind Hardline. BTW, where are your stats for BF1? I didn't find anything on PC or console.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like to think of things in terms of cars. If BF4 was a Ferrari and BFV is a Mercedes AMG, then BF1 is a 1994 Honda Civic which may or may not have been stolen.

Keep the casual, noob friendly BF1 gameplay far away from BFV. The two don't compare.

If BF4 is a Ferrari, then what was BF2 and BF3? Certainly you don't consider BF4 to be better than those games? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and BF4 was the second worst BF game in the series, taking its place behind Hardline. BTW, where are your stats for BF1? I didn't find anything on PC or console.

I reserve judgement as I never played Battlefield before BF4.

My stats are in the link below.
  • Mr_Wookloaf
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all I think the game is really good. I've put a bit of time into multiplayer, and my biggest complaints are, the TTK, I think they are way out of wack right now. The Medics are easily the hardest role to play as, so people tend to avoid them, they need to add reviving while prone, having to revive a guy while hovering over him every time gets you killed more often than not. And there is definitely a few bugs that need to be ironed out.

Somethings I really enjoy about it are, no more 3D spotting, I know people like their spotting, but it was always way too OP, now only Snipers with Flares or Spotting Scopes, and Support suppression spot enemies. Grenade spam seems to of finally dropped off a bit, it's still there but not nearly what it used to be.

I think if they keep listening to community feed back and smoothing out the edges, it will continue to grow into a even better game.
  • -Antares65z
    1634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I reserve judgement as I never played Battlefield before BF4.

My stats are in the link below.

Your profile name includes BF3. Too bad you didn't get to play it. IMO it was the last truly great BF game that encompassed most of what players love about the BF series. Granted it had it's issues like the rest of the games.

Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

If I were to follow the car analogy then:
    • BF V: Potential to be a ferrari but now it's a mercedes/BMW/audi
    • BF 1: Yeah... the Civic
    • BF 4: ferrari
    • BF 3 & BC2: In different ways a more high end Ferrari
    • BF3, BF V & BC 2 making babies: Koenigsegg One:1

Mostly because I like BF3's mapdesign the most but a blend between BC2/BF V gun handling would be nice and the removal of spotting combined with better mapdesign & some effort in visual clarity would be great. Neither of the 3 games does everything perfect, but these 3 stand out the most for different reasons.

I also liked how in BC2 & BF3 every gun felt decent. Sure in competitive there was a heavy dominance of specific weapons, but on regular public servers I was able to dominate with pretty much everything.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most fun I have had gaming in a while. I love it.
  • Malzius
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i really enjoy BF V so far, i like the guns mechanic and i cant wait to play the battle royale game mode, i think with the time to kill and the gun mechanics it should be a really good br mod. i played close to 2000 hours of pubg and still enjoying it but i need something new, i dont really like the new call of duty, gun mechanic sucks and its rampant with cheater and time to kill is way too long in cod br. i havent played much of battlefield before, only really bf 1 and bf V is so much better from my point of view,
  • disposalist
    8500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Corrupt_be wrote: »

Mostly because I like BF3's mapdesign the most but a blend between BC2/BF V gun handling would be nice and the removal of spotting combined with better mapdesign & some effort in visual clarity would be great. Neither of the 3 games does everything perfect, but these 3 stand out the most for different reasons.

I also liked how in BC2 & BF3 every gun felt decent. Sure in competitive there was a heavy dominance of specific weapons, but on regular public servers I was able to dominate with pretty much everything.
    Lolz yeah, because BMW, Mercedes and Audi make products that go out of the door incomplete and broken.

I'll go with BF5 being a Ferrari, though: Sounds like a good thing and looks overty flashy. Drives awful and goes wrong frequently.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lolz yeah, because BMW, Mercedes and Audi make products that go out of the door incomplete and broken.

I think the analogy was more meant to revolve around the cars their performance and not their reliability :p
  • TH3_R1PP3R
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its promising if you look at it the way I do. A Bf3 bf4 style of game is never coming back. Ots a change from a easy game like bf1. Has alot of bugs and I mean alot to iron out. But so did every other bf title. So pending balance updates right now i like it.
  • bloodprizm
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is a mess. The visual clarity of the battlefield is just utter crap. It's borderline no fun to play, which is a damn shame.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'll go with BF5 being a Ferrari, though: Sounds like a good thing and looks overty flashy. Drives awful and goes wrong frequently.

Dont forget you have to completely remove and rebuild the drivetrain every 20000 miles. Not reliable. Lol
  • Palmitu
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    TTK to low to counter.
    Too hard to see enemies
    Too hard to hear enemies
    Too much climb animations on small elevations
    Great weapons mechanics, bad balancing and delays animations
    WORST NET CODE
    INFESTED WITH CHEATERS!

Have many matches, only ONE i could have the team squad experience.... when we play together helping each other and fight the same spot... all others are just players running around. The cross over your body and just don care to pick you up. hahaha
    People suck in games...
    Post edited by Palmitu on
  • Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like it a lot but I hate no spotting. That single thing almost ruins that game for me. Still gonna play it a ton and make a real effort to get over it but im not switching like I did with bf4 to bf1, almost instantly and didnt really play bf4 after. Gonna stay mainly with bf1 for now unless spotting gets added. Ofc I dont think it will.

..And flying is great. -But again, spotting.

Idk, just my 2Ç

How can you like spotting? So spamming Q in a general direction and highlight someone for the entire enemy team is good? I prefer a battlefield that can be immersive and have the aspect of flanking, hiding, rushing, veichles etc. Spotting just makers it dumbed down version like CoD and too fast paced.
  • -Antares65z
    bloodprizm wrote: »
    The game is a mess. The visual clarity of the battlefield is just utter crap. It's borderline no fun to play, which is a damn shame.

What do you mean by the visual clarity? There are mixed comments in here about the quality of graphics. Some say that they're the best they've seen, while others make comments like yours.
  • karcyon
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Has potential, is unfinished, sales will probably be a disappointment, people will get bored and move on faster than in previous BF games. I hope I am wrong.
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate to love it.

Some rounds it's nothing but insta-gibs before you're able to get your bearings on respawning from the last instant death you suffered. Collision with objects seem off, like shooting over a barricade with a scope, yet my bullets are hitting the barricade, then POP, Lee Enfield says hello from across the map. vaulting is off, they brought back the indestructible posts stuck here and there in the ground from BF2:MC, only this time they'r disgused as bushes, stopping tons of steel like it's a paper airplane. items I've jumped over before with no issue become invisible walls I jump up and down infront of when under fire. Surely providing my assailant(s) tons of LOLs and comments of "noob" whispered among squads. Speaking of squads, there are always a few "elites" that lock at one or two, messing up the whole mechanic. Little things that grind my gears. Flipping hate it!!!!!

That being stated, 13 hours in, I love it when it clicks on all cylinders, a combination of learning the subtle mechanic changes, AND knowing whats currently broken and trying to avoid it.

I'll be back on later today though, gritting my teeth as I stumble and die through some beautiful maps. Cheers
  • BaronVonGoon
    6728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

And it was stolen. Trust me that thing is an eye sore and has a lien on it too .