Weekly Debrief

Will be dead in a few months

Comments

• Dynarush_333
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love the game. It's got bugs but so did BF4 and that game was a success.

From my 50 hours of play I find those moaning tend to run around mindlessly and get constantly killed. Or they spawn where there is loads of action and moan they get spawn killed. They should spawn further back and run and get the jump on the enemy.

The game is great and will get even better over the next few months. The current line up of FPS games suck and this is what we needed. People forget all the content is free and that you can change female characters to male.

The ui needs sorting though and the bugs with gold weapon assignments.

TLDR: people need to use their brains and be patient for patches.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yo BF1 is 3 times better than BF5 without a doubt..They should just drop FireStorm on BF1 and call it a day.. Weapon selection with this release is by far the most disrespectful crap I’ve seen Dice drop on a BF game...Tanks have lasers machine guns that can wipe your entire team on from across the map so to be honest they don’t even need the cannon hahahaha.. I’m so glad I didn’t pay for they game and the sad part is I still want my money back.. drop DLC for BF1 and I’ll be happy

Laser MGs lmao? Do you have any idea how many BTK the tanks take at range for the MGs?! It’s crazy high, as is the TTK even up close, especially when a single Panzerfaust sometimes does 44 damage to the front of your Tiger or 80 to your light tank.

There’s a reason tankers are trying to keep their distance.
  • UsTinKofFEAR-3Lk
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    Yo BF1 is 3 times better than BF5 without a doubt..They should just drop FireStorm on BF1 and call it a day.. Weapon selection with this release is by far the most disrespectful crap I’ve seen Dice drop on a BF game...Tanks have lasers machine guns that can wipe your entire team on from across the map so to be honest they don’t even need the cannon hahahaha.. I’m so glad I didn’t pay for they game and the sad part is I still want my money back.. drop DLC for BF1 and I’ll be happy

Laser MGs lmao? Do you have any idea how many BTK the tanks take at range for the MGs?! It’s crazy high, as is the TTK even up close, especially when a single Panzerfaust sometimes does 44 damage to the front of your Tiger or 80 to your light tank.

There’s a reason tankers are trying to keep their distance.

Well now Dice gave them a perfect reason to stay away right??? The beta l actually slowed the down the rate of fire after u shoot but of course they cater to the noobs and give them a full hitting laser show and now the rest of us have to suffer... good job Tank sniping is new and improved apparently 100x better than BF1 lol.. RiP and can’t say they don’t deserve it. Literally a joke of a game.. 2 huge tanks and we can’t even get off the 1 flag and good luck with your team dropping ammo.. 2-3 months and say goodbye
    Post edited by UsTinKofFEAR-3Lk on
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3870 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    -GAL-Aquaa wrote: »
    hmmm....for someone who just stated the other day that the game is amazing besides a few things that need to be address, I kind find it hard to take you serious.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161326/okay-i-was-wrong-dice-i-apologize#latest

-CB

But, you cannot argue me about the cheater problem.
    I just uploaded 2 videos.
    [videos removed]

My comment was referring to the OP not you.

-CB
  • G-Gnu
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not happening, especially with free content on the way. The free updates will help keep the game alive and healthy for at least a year.
    Nothing is free ....it all depends on if you and your fellow players will throw up money and buy cosmetic if you get more contents, patches will be coming though, but if DICE follows their former patch path the game will be somewhat playable in a year or so, then there will be bugs still that annoys you as F now and then but not really game breaking.
    Question is if the game will get content enough to last so long.

• ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is garbage. It just feels cheap with so little content. Even the end round stats are lacking any kind of detail.

Huh? I get the same stats as I did in BF1.
  • Pure85
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've had about enough of snipers headshoting me every 2 minutes even when I'm firing an mg42 at them. They have made the bombers op as hell and people locking onto me as soon as I move is driving me insane
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To many problems with game as mentioned everywhere in forum, but mainly, not being much fun. TTD is so fast, you move to objective and bam, dead instantly. Makes you want to sit back and snipe. Right now, I have to agree that by the time they release the rest of the game, player numbers are going to be down.

Ok, I don’t understand this attitude. You move to an objective, bam, dead... and then your teammates kill whoever shot you, revive you, take the flag and you win?

Its like... people think they’re gonna die for real. “Omg, I died attacking the flag” and? Big deal, you’ll also you know, WIN THE GAME.
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To many problems with game as mentioned everywhere in forum, but mainly, not being much fun. TTD is so fast, you move to objective and bam, dead instantly. Makes you want to sit back and snipe. Right now, I have to agree that by the time they release the rest of the game, player numbers are going to be down.

I find if you move slowly and calculate your cover to cover movements and stay in crouch or crawl mode when getting close to the action, survive-ability goes up alot. I can manage 3 kills per death this way. I average about 40 to 50 kills a match with about 12 to 18 deaths
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And thats with medic kit, playing the objective
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The game will not have a initial big an impact as BF1 did coming from Hardline, but it is an really good game. It follows on well from BF1 and at the moment the best FPS out there for me.

Agreed. BF1 had extreme hype, little to no competition on release, no controversy and a relatively smooth launch. I personally think BF5 is leaps beyond BF1 and will continue to get better.
  • WarSouls
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @-GAL-Aquaa
    You cannot link video of suspected cheaters as this violates our name and shame policy.

You need to report the users.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160934/how-to-report-suspected-cheaters-in-battlefield-v#latest

BECAUSE WE ARE SO DUMB HERE AT DICE AND DO NOTHING ABOUT CHEATERS, WE DONT WANT YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT IT.

I just saw a guy cheating and he has 3 previous punkbuster bans
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It depends how quickly they can iron out the biggest bugs (lack of footstep sounds + insta-deaths being the 2 big ones for me right now). New content will of course help but only in the short-term, fingers crossed there's a good patch incoming on tuesday.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mean im hoping the game stays healthy for sometime, im enjkying it so far, but with all the hate its getting its hard to tell what is going to happen.

Just the usual vocal minority, you get that with every game release. They don't like the game, so it's bad and must fail.

There's thousands of players enjoying the game that don't bother visiting the forums.

Probably true but i saw people hating in it in chat in game.

And I have seen many just loving the game in chat. The fact is that this forum is such a tiny cross slice of the community as a whole, that it really cant be taken seriously. And as others have said, 75% of the players who make an effort to come here and incessantly whine and complain are a very tiny but very vocal group.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean im hoping the game stays healthy for sometime, im enjkying it so far, but with all the hate its getting its hard to tell what is going to happen.

Just the usual vocal minority, you get that with every game release. They don't like the game, so it's bad and must fail.

There's thousands of players enjoying the game that don't bother visiting the forums.

Probably true but i saw people hating in it in chat in game.

And I have seen many just loving the game in chat. The fact is that this forum is such a tiny cross slice of the community as a whole, that it really cant be taken seriously. And as others have said, 75% of the players who make an effort to come here and incessantly whine and complain are a very tiny but very vocal group.

I have definitely seen more people saying they were surprised that they liked it in the chat.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13305 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    WarSouls wrote: »
    @-GAL-Aquaa
    You cannot link video of suspected cheaters as this violates our name and shame policy.

You need to report the users.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160934/how-to-report-suspected-cheaters-in-battlefield-v#latest

BECAUSE WE ARE SO DUMB HERE AT DICE AND DO NOTHING ABOUT CHEATERS, WE DONT WANT YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT IT.

I just saw a guy cheating and he has 3 previous punkbuster bans

Well report him as outlined in my post.
  • 5hadyBrady
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

I was always trying to warn people about their complaints of "irregular shot patterns". It's as if they've never fired a weapon before. Try running around and firing a rifle or a handgun. BF1 is already doing a way better job than most military soldiers could with regard to firing an accurate group while on the move. Everybody complained about it because they want lasers. They don't want any variation or randomness to the way the bullets are fired. This is going to destroy the franchise (or change it entirely) because it's going to remove the "feel" battlefield games have had since 1942. There's always been a dark, not so perfect element to battlefield that gave it some character. That is gone now. And I have to say, after watching several hours of gameplay footage, this is the only time I've not been excited for a sequel. There's nothing exciting about this game. There were exciting elements to BF2, BF3, BF4, BF1, and I can name them all. There's nothing exciting about BF5. All of the changes are gimmicks. The building feature is a gimmick. The mechanic add on's that allow you to do certain jumps or dives are not that exciting. The rest of the changes are extraordinarily subjective. These games are ever so slowly becoming more and more casual as well. 90% of the time I've played BF1, it was slouched in my chair, watching TV or talking to somebody on discord. You don't even have to pay attention to BF1 to dominate a pub. None of this is good. I can play BF1 on autopilot , and get finished with a game and barley remember what even happen, and still make highlights. I'm not trying to brag, or show off. I'm trying to attest to the fact that the games are way too casual.
    Post edited by 5hadyBrady on
  • LMN118
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The fundamental problem with BF V is that most people who play it are coming away thinking "meh".

With the exception of a few people who think this reskinned CoD/BF hybrid is the best thing since sliced bread.

Personally I think the artwork and sound is great but nearly everything else is a complete let down.

Funnily enough, Battlefront 2 had almost exactly the same issues, great art and sound mediocre gameplay.