Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V 11-14-2018 Update

Comments

• TRILLRIDAH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFEDGE wrote: »
    TTD way to quick, feels like a semi HC match every game. Taken the fun out it. Slowly believing for the average skilled gamer this game is gonna die away rather rapid. Back to BF1 for a while. Game looks awesome but thats its a hard try for me. Not giving up though.

Yea the need to address the TTD issues and enemies not being visible in many parts of the maps. I’ve laid down in open areas and had enemies run right by me.
  • Entropy44
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I have been placing my money down on the Battlefield games since BF3 came out. They have generally been lots of fun and held my attention for years. This BF5 so far is a major disappointment. As the game stands it feels like a COD game. One frame deaths, very low TTK and TTD, low ammo count, laser guns... I might as well switch back to the run and gun call of duty games. There is no longer any strategy, no thinking about how to approach an objective and moving up the map. Right now you run in, kill a few, then die. You do that over and over again until you get bored and decide this game is now just Call of Duty in a new shell. Might try the game later to see if they fix it, but for now, I would rather play Call of Duty if that is what this game wants to be. They have been refining that formula for a while now.

This all goes without mentioning the crazy amount of bugs peppered throughout the game.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Entropy44 wrote: »
    it feels like a COD game. run and gun call of duty games. this game is now just Call of Duty in a new shell. I would rather play Call of Duty if that is what this game wants to be.

This all goes without mentioning the crazy amount of bugs peppered throughout the game.

I just removed some things in my quote...

This Battlefield is really good, or lets say it will get really good if they fix the gamebreaking chrashes after games...
    You actually have to play with ur squad and yea than it's not just a run and gun. It's more tactic and teamplay based than bf1 and i would say more than bf4 too.
    While my mates and me had to adept to the new game we had much fun!

and there is no "crazy amount of bugs" most of them will get fixed with the launch patch i hope...

ah and its far away from CoD...
    Post edited by Ypsilon-Oh on
  • Yorgat
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Where do I report major bugs ?
    - On Grand Operation, Rotterdam, on the Devastation map, when a team get the bombs, and the timer goes off there is no back to the A flag. It's stuck. And we have to wait for the final round.
    - As a scout, I was unable to deploy the respawn balise.
  • TRILLRIDAH
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is nothing like COD. It’s much less casual than BF1 which I think is great. I just hope they do something about enemies being so hard to see. They blend in with environments more than any Battlefield I’ve ever played.
  • 5hadyBrady
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was very excited by the addition of women on the WW2 battlefield. However, I still have some concerns. There are plenty of transgender, gender non binary, Asian, little people, as well as other racial and ethnic groups that are not being represented properly. It's troubling to see a character customization option, without say, the option to represent your gender identity accurately. Transgender Asians will be significantly less represented than white women etc. Idk, it's just not fair. I hope to see more inclusive features moving forward. Maybe just an option to design your own character however you want, but more in depth. Or if it's mainly going to be clothes, try not to enforce gender stereotypes.
  • bongkilla96
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice broke operations and frontlines, the bf1 version were much more fun and not unnecessarily complicated. The new operations is extremely unbalanced and overly complicated. It was so much more fun in bf1 ! Same with frontlines
  • MoDs_JuaN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We’ve seen that already in BF1, how DICE insists on keeping the LMG incredibly overpowered. This is unacceptable to a game from a big franchise like Battlefield. BFV is, in the end of the day, as much “noob friendly” as BF1, the only difference is that its less noticeable, If you want I can make a thread about it.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=KG13TZLwYeA
  • Raptor_i81
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    "This is a smaller update that resolves a few stability issues" ... I'm late to the party , the update is 16GB for me !!
  • TRILLRIDAH
    B
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    I was very excited by the addition of women on the WW2 battlefield. However, I still have some concerns. There are plenty of transgender, gender non binary, Asian, little people, as well as other racial and ethnic groups that are not being represented properly. It's troubling to see a character customization option, without say, the option to represent your gender identity accurately. Transgender Asians will be significantly less represented than white women etc. Idk, it's just not fair. I hope to see more inclusive features moving forward. Maybe just an option to design your own character however you want, but more in depth. Or if it's mainly going to be clothes, try not to enforce gender stereotypes.

FOH
  • DouglasO1986
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Shady Brady you say Gender identity Accurately. Well here's something, if you were born a male then you are a bloody male simple as that same with a women. So take your mentally ill skull of yours and cry somewhere else because in this world you are born a male or female
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice broke operations and frontlines, the bf1 version were much more fun and not unnecessarily complicated. The new operations is extremely unbalanced and overly complicated. It was so much more fun in bf1 ! Same with frontlines

They won't turn the BF1 servers off. you can still play it.
    have fun
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »

Because Transgender Asians did not take part in the World War 2.
  • Risidle1v1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is a complete joke. I actually want my money back. You **** heads can take it off my account ****
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    Risidle1v1 wrote: »
    This game is a complete joke. I actually want my money back. You **** heads can take it off my account ****

You can ask for refund via Origin launcher... don't think someone can help u here
  • Smoking_BigJoe
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After the update i get every multiplayer game a one time freeze.
    The fps drops down to 50 a 60 fps (from 144) and i cant do anything for a few seconds.
    Afterwards the game works fine.

It could also be that the latest nvidea driver or window update is the root cause.

By enabling rtx and dx12 i get almost constant game freezes. Maybe another issue...

Hardware:
    rtx 2080 (rtx disabled, dx11, ultra)
    amd2700x
    32gb ram
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    How could you take away smoke grenades from assault class??? How Im suppose to assault through open space or to objectives with all those MGs shooting proned? It's like beeing a duck on a hunt. Medics will not shoot their smoke for you, they are needed them too.
    - Give assualt class smoke, pls!
    - Increase MGs spread on long distance. Now it's like all snipers goes for support and prone shooting.
    Post edited by aka_mapuBAHHA on
  • xAlanJGx
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good morning, I have the problem, when it finishes a match at the time of the trocarte of map of the game, it is loading and it is outside, I have to close the game and again, it is happening with a great frequency.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    xAlanJGx wrote: »
    Good morning, I have the problem, when it finishes a match at the time of the trocarte of map of the game, it is loading and it is outside, I have to close the game and again, it is happening with a great frequency.

i have this issue too like many ppl.
    hopfully get fixed tomorrow.
  • Jaskaman
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I can't join to server thru friend's squad, even there is a space in the squad. It will always cause an error -then it will show me in the squad but I will not join to server.
    Before latest patch squad joining was working for me (except when the squad was full).
    If I will join thru "platoon members playing" sometimes it's working, sometimes not. Only 100% working to join the server where friends are playing is to ask for the server number and then join separately, but in this way, I will not necessary be on the same team and BFV does not support team switching.