so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    IManovBG wrote: »
    As I expected. Brainless pew pew pew fest :-) Doesn't matter of you win or lose. Spawn - kill - killed - spawn - kill - killed - spawn - kill - killed and all of this in 1 minute.

why aren't you playing ARMA if you want a slower-paced shooter?

it's like complaining a formula 1 car goes from 0 to 60 in half a second. i mean, what did you expect it to do?

• CaptHotah
    860 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will. But this time just the standard version. No ultimate, no deluxe, no early access. Don't give EA more money than basic game.
  • SirBobdk
    3203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    I will. But this time just the standard version. No ultimate, no deluxe, no early access. Don't give EA more money than basic game.
    Since I wanted to play on the 9th and got premier, I'm only going to get the standard version with 10%. If I do, not sure yet.
    Funny since EA would have got more money out of it, if I didn't had cancel the deluxe at full price due to different release dates.
    No point in getting deluxe since I got early acces through premiere and dont care about air drops.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I ended up signing up to Origin access to get the 10 hour trial. I was quite enjoying it. I was being slack and only tried playing as assault and only played conquest but i was having fun.
    Sadly it ended on a bad note, i got a bug where i couldn't re spawn and basically couldn't do anything, my screen was just stuck. That made me rage quit lol. That put me off and left a sour taste in my mouth, but i was enjoying the game and thinking i will buy prior to that.
  • foff667
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    seems like there are still alot of issues and bugs, it'll probably be another 6 months or so until its an enjoyable experience, if ever. Its odd, BF1 console #'s were always beating PC player count yet it gets developed for PC and console ends up being an afterthought which has its own specific issues that need to be addressed. I doubt many of them will be which is sad.
  • TiMEvBoMB
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I caved and bought it yesterday. Terrible decision....Game is a complete mess.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TiMEvBoMB wrote: »
    I caved and bought it yesterday. Terrible decision....Game is a complete mess.

Iam glad i went Origin premier instead of pre ordering. I guess if i do end up buying it means that it cost me more in the long run but i think this is a try before you buy game.
    I've changed my mind so many times lol. Both before and after having played it. I think addiction and lack of other shooters i want to play will mean that i will most likely end up buying it when my Origin premier is about to tick over.
  • UnarmedBob
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Waiting to see if they offer Rental Servers and what if anything they address from the BF1 servers.

I played a couple hours from the trial I got off someone, but it didn't do anything to make me feel like I was missing out by waiting.
  • warslag
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm still considering buying BFV. The feedback on the forums regarding gameplay has tended toward the negative.

Although I'm bored stiff with R6 Siege I'm enjoying a return to GTA V which is just such a wonderful game.

I wouldn't have bought BF1 if it wasn't for a friend who twisted my arm. I probably won't buy BFV either as Battlefield doesn't seem to be the big powerful game that once it was.

I'm still hoping some exciting content, upcoming patches and price drops will make BFV more attractive.

I watched DrDisRespect who is a well known Twitch.tv streamer play BFV. He played through the single-player which was hilarious to watch. But when he played multiplayer he uninstalled the game. Which was shocking.

There are some mysterious greed-driven things happening in gaming and I think it's going to drive people away. Sad banker mentality undermining people's happiness.

This YouTuber sort of says some of the things that I'm thinking at the moment.

• nefariouscheat
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Already bought it and loving it so far. Level 10 already on MP. :)
  • crelok
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am still using the premier free game,will own full game as soon as i get some coin.Banga of a game-love it.
  • SirBobdk
    3203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @warslag wrote
    I wouldn't have bought BF1 if it wasn't for a friend who twisted my arm. I probably won't buy BFV either as Battlefield doesn't seem to be the big powerful game that once it was.
    Imo BFV is far better than BF1 in terms of infantry and gun play, but that's also the negative aspect of the game.
    There's simply too little vehicle play in the game. Planes are ok, but tanks are more or less boring and most of the maps are not designed for tanks.
    There is something missing before I think this BF will be really good. Right now, it's more or less headless run and gun. Fun but not in the long run.
  • TropicPoison
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Will be the last day one buy for me Battlefield wise, and the last one if this is the Battlefield I'll be playing in the years to come, because if this is it I'm out.

I've always enjoyed the vehicle gameplay in Battlefield, but it really blows and it's not fun at all imo for BFV, not enjoying the instant death run and gun gameplay either.
  • ackers75
    1807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played my 10 hrs on ea access and it’s not a bad game.
    In two minds if I want to buy it tomorrow or not.
  • warslag
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @warslag wrote
    Imo BFV is far better than BF1 in terms of infantry and gun play, but that's also the negative aspect of the game.
    There's simply too little vehicle play in the game. Planes are ok, but tanks are more or less boring and most of the maps are not designed for tanks.
    There is something missing before I think this BF will be really good. Right now, it's more or less headless run and gun. Fun but not in the long run.

I've been playing GTA V recently after 2 years away, and it has far more vehicles than Battlefield. There is such a variety of land, air and sea vehicles in GTA V that it just makes Battlefield look silly.

I think a lot of BF2 players probably thought that Battlefield would eventually evolve into something like GTA V but with a military setting. Now GTA V is so militarised it's easily a better FPS game than Battlefield.

Battlefield is great if you want to have the latest PC hardware and see how far you can push it with the graphics settings. The rest of it is a patchwork of gameplay that has been nerfed. It's a game built based on demographics.

When you think of how a YouTuber lost his account (he's got it back again) because he fed a 'feminist' to an alligator then look at what happened with the controversy surrounding Battlefield you realise that RDR2 and GTA V are exactly the games the developers wanted them to be and Battlefield is a game designed to not upset it's various groups. Battlefield doesn't seem to evolve.

I will still consider BFV but not at the price they're asking. It's just not worth it.
  • StormSaxon
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    GTAV is an awesome game.
    I was high level on PS3 and recently started again on PS4.
    Complete **** fest for new guys.
    Not how it used to be at all.
    We generally left new guys alone, but even if we did start fighting you could take out higher level guys. Now...

Jet bikes everywhere.
    Almost everyone on your map will be 60-100 levels higher than you and just can’t be killed... you shoot them in the head twice... they spam some explosive bullets in your direction and kill you anyway. The terrible spawnings. So ****...

Should be separate servers for low levels. Or huge penalties on grieffing low level players... now I have to waste 15-30 minutes skipping through servers finding empty ones or ones with only 1-3 low level guys in it. Or make all missions available in private servers.

Put the level 100-300s in their own maps.
    And the 300+ separate.
  • SlowOldWarrior
    248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »

Buy a used copy, there will be plenty available, and EA gets nothing!

• Godhates1234
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Fun fact, **** has been censored on here since its inception yet non of you has noticed.

As @x_Undaunted_x said, "mountains out of mole hols".

Quite amusing really.......

They censored lots of words. Fanboys are one of them. I probably get banned now.
  • TropicPoison
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Fun fact, **** has been censored on here since its inception yet non of you has noticed.

As @x_Undaunted_x said, "mountains out of mole hols".

Quite amusing really.......

They censored lots of words. Fanboys are one of them. I probably get banned now.

Funny they censor little kid words when the game has cussing and it's rated M, go figure.