DICE...what did you do???

BamBam011
46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but I think most would agree that BF4 was an incredible multiplayer experience. Great game modes which allowed run and gun(conquest, tdm), or if you wanted more tactical(SDM, Defuse, rush) play. Having played over 3000 hours I feel like I can at least give an honest opinion regarding the game and it's mechanics. It was a very playable game, and is FUN. Menus are fairly quick and it's easy to change weapons and attachments.

In fact I would have payed $100 bucks for 12 new BF4 maps, some new weapons, new game modes(BR) and maybe (if DICE wanted to) an upgrade in graphics. Think of the money DICE would have saved.

But alas....DICE...what did you do?

You tried to reinvent the wheel. You fixed something that WASN'T broke. You created BF1 which for the most part has been shown to be a failure.

Now you release BF 5, which is basically just BF 1.5 version. Lets face it you really just created new maps and weapons for a game(BF1) that didn't work like you intended. And created so much controversy with the genders.

I spent $72 bucks on BF 5 because I really believed in you guys, but so far my experience with the game isn't even close to what BF4 offered me. I am finding myself BORED already. This is a game...it's supposed to be fun. I don't want to watch an animation 20 times in a game when I revive my teammates. WHO wants to watch animations, the same animations, over and over and over. LOL how ridiculous!!!

I'm going to try to get my moneys worth out of it, but to be honest, it's gonna be difficult to do.

This is just one Battlefield players opinion.

DICE...what did you???

Comments

• Kattetech
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 1.5 version? More like BF0.8 beta version.
  • CSO7777
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah we all have different opinions. I also think that BFV is perhaps the best thing that could have happened to the BF-series. And it's nothing like BF1 at all, don't know why people keeps saying that???

Played BF1 a lot and then went back to BF4 (just before BFV launched). BF4 is fun, but it is also a very unbalanced mess and most of the maps being played are pretty bad with small playable areas and the vehicle/infantry balance is just awful. BF4 has a more interesting setting than BF1 - modern era, for more guns/gadgets - and better gunplay for automatics, but that's it. The game is not really that much better than BF1.
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they made a crappy game. Fanboys like this game but they like every battlefield game no matter what. If they admit it's bad, you get the same answer of, it's unfinished, just wait. Like no. Why do people each year keep accepting mediocrity. The goal of the game is to grind for costumes. COSTUMES. no... just no. The maps we got on launch, are terrible at most. There is very few things about it that are good. Safe space chatboxes need to go, the auto deploy at the round start needs to go, the death/revive screen is annoying at most. Lack of spotting is annoying, they should of left no spotting to hardcore mode. Give each character binoculars in regular mode. The SJW push on it's fanbase is just insane. The audio is terrible, the call outs on the camrose are half ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ done. The graphics seem a little of a step down imo. The vehicle handling is terrible. The lack of vehicles on round starts sucks. By march what do we get to look forward to.. a shooting range, and 2 maps. 2 freaking maps. *shaking my head*. Don't even get me started on that silly follow the leader moment they did with trying to push Battle royal. Youtubers like westie, jackfrags, they're wrong. This game is not the best thing since part 3. The gun mechanics are on par and close to what was being done with traditional past battlefields but other than that it has nothing good to equal to the past great games. I find it funny the smaller bf youtubers are calling the game for what it is. Trash, but the bought and paid off EA game changers are praising it as the best battlefield ever. This game, the marketing, the company EA/Dice are a big slap to the fanbase, and to the industry altogether.

• TookYourCookie
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Nonsense. BF4 was a buggy mess when it released. Worse than BF5, much worse!
    BF5 ain't that good because it got dumbed down in combat features, like bullet drop and vehicle combat - it's more like infantry only servers.

The UI is also a proof of low skilled designers who are stealing inspiration from social media, upgrade options burried in menus, most people dont even know they exist lol.
    More than 2 clicks and you know the UI you built is garbage.

Also you had more vehicles and quite some travel time between flags and starting points. After BF4 it turned more into COD with instant action, spawn and death and received unsharp and blurred graphics.
  • WrathOfTheRipper
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It does feel like Bf1 all over again. Whats up with all the game developers putting out half finished games?

I liked battlefield when you were grinding to unlock weapons, then you grinded to unlock your favorite weapons attachments.

What they did with this battlefield makes me sad. I feel like they are pushing away their loyal fans base that has been with them since Bf 1942 through thick and thin.

I wish they went back to their Battlefield 2 roots with this game, but it seems to me they are going someplace very different.
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Game seems fine until you hit about hour 20-30. Then you start to notice that you spend the majority of your time dead because there are no medics, the vehicle play is completely non existent thanks to 20 panzerfaust wielding assaults per side, and the constant *needing an optic* on every gun means you experience WWII through a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 3x scope. Really not the game I was expecting or wanted.
  • Mrcleanjeans
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BamBam011 wrote: »
    Obviously I don't speak for everyone, but I think most would agree that BF4 was an incredible multiplayer experience. Great game modes which allowed run and gun(conquest, tdm), or if you wanted more tactical(SDM, Defuse, rush) play. Having played over 3000 hours I feel like I can at least give an honest opinion regarding the game and it's mechanics. It was a very playable game, and is FUN. Menus are fairly quick and it's easy to change weapons and attachments.

In fact I would have payed $100 bucks for 12 new BF4 maps, some new weapons, new game modes(BR) and maybe (if DICE wanted to) an upgrade in graphics. Think of the money DICE would have saved.

But alas....DICE...what did you do?

You tried to reinvent the wheel. You fixed something that WASN'T broke. You created BF1 which for the most part has been shown to be a failure.

Now you release BF 5, which is basically just BF 1.5 version. Lets face it you really just created new maps and weapons for a game(BF1) that didn't work like you intended. And created so much controversy with the genders.

I spent $72 bucks on BF 5 because I really believed in you guys, but so far my experience with the game isn't even close to what BF4 offered me. I am finding myself BORED already. This is a game...it's supposed to be fun. I don't want to watch an animation 20 times in a game when I revive my teammates. WHO wants to watch animations, the same animations, over and over and over. LOL how ridiculous!!!

I'm going to try to get my moneys worth out of it, but to be honest, it's gonna be difficult to do.

This is just one Battlefield players opinion.

DICE...what did you???

Thankfully BF4 is alive and well.

• Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree 100% with OP, I'm really trying hard to enjoy this game.. I had a hard time enjoying BF1 too, but this is even worse.. I really miss the happy days of BF3/Bf4.. (and I'm a skilled player) I have hopes that some things might get better, like the insane TTD, but we will see..
  • UsTinKofFEAR-3Lk
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Watch out for the Trollz... they are deep
  • nice_shot_indeed
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have 5000+ hours in battlefield games since BFBC2, the reason I hate BFV is that there are too many dumb aspects that prevent me from performing at my best, things like animations, getting stuck on rocks( it's now worse than BF1, you can't even jump over a 1-inch rock without triggering a vaulting animation mid-gunfight), huge empty maps with no cover at all, stupid delays like the ADS delays on sniper rifles, visual clutter, TXAA... I often found myself saying why can't I just...💢
    Most of my deaths in bf3 and 4 were fair, in bf4 you could hide from air and land vehicles as an infantry, and vice versa cause there was cover all over the place.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    While nothing has compared to BF3. BFV is their strongest sinse then.
    BF4 was horrid. BF1 was fun and a big improvement .... but this is been so great...

A few minor bugs to work out. Spawn freezing, some gun balance issues, a couple of ADS glitches... but not game breaking.

What did they do? Built on BF1.
    The traversty of BF4 fades into memory
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Kattetech wrote: »
    BF1 1.5 version? More like BF0.8 beta version.

Maybe if your computer doubles as toaster

I have 5000+ hours in battlefield games since BFBC2, the reason I hate BFV is that there are too many dumb aspects that prevent me from performing at my best, things like animations, getting stuck on rocks( it's now worse than BF1, you can't even jump over a 1-inch rock without triggering a vaulting animation mid-gunfight), huge empty maps with no cover at all, stupid delays like the ADS delays on sniper rifles, visual clutter, TXAA... I often found myself saying why can't I just...💢
    Most of my deaths in bf3 and 4 were fair, in bf4 you could hide from air and land vehicles as an infantry, and vice versa cause there was cover all over the place.

The getting stuck on nothing has been there since bf3. Really could hide anywhere from vehicles with cover all over the place? In bf3 i could put rocket pods on my jet and completely destroy the other team, even those "hiding in cover" same with tanks and destroying buildings, and getting debris kills (bf3/4) You sure you played a battlefield game?
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmmm like bf1... That just lost any credibility
    And as a bf4 fan, you should remember that game came very close to tanking because it was pretty well unplayable at launch.... I'd say they're doing better than bf4, because they released a playable game, but it does need some tweaks and fixes. Would think as a "long" time fan, you'd expect that, and wait to see what fixes are made in the near future, before 💩 ing all over the game
  • crixus82
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As for bf1.... Failure by being the most successful to date.... It struggled in the end, and most complaints I seen was about security and cheaters on PC.... It stayed and, even before made free, continued going strong on live. It was a great game when you got in lobbies where people actually ptfo and played their jobs
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 fanboys will never be satisfied, will they?
  • AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crixus82 wrote: »
    Hmmmm like bf1... That just lost any credibility
    And as a bf4 fan, you should remember that game came very close to tanking because it was pretty well unplayable at launch.... I'd say they're doing better than bf4, because they released a playable game, but it does need some tweaks and fixes. Would think as a "long" time fan, you'd expect that, and wait to see what fixes are made in the near future, before 💩 ing all over the game

That's true, I remember the BF4 beta and then going live it was pretty crude, however, they made massive changes and in essence made a pretty fun game!
  • AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    crixus82 wrote: »
    As for bf1.... Failure by being the most successful to date.... It struggled in the end, and most complaints I seen was about security and cheaters on PC.... It stayed and, even before made free, continued going strong on live. It was a great game when you got in lobbies where people actually ptfo and played their jobs

BF1 still plenty of players:

I wonder if they will have open stats for BF5?
  • ShidderMcGavin
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    While nothing has compared to BF3. BFV is their strongest sinse then.
    BF4 was horrid. BF1 was fun and a big improvement .... but this is been so great...

A few minor bugs to work out. Spawn freezing, some gun balance issues, a couple of ADS glitches... but not game breaking.

What did they do? Built on BF1.
    The traversty of BF4 fades into memory

BF4 was a dumpster fire at launch, yes, but it was fixed and ended up being a solid entry. Not as good as BF3 imo, but it was good enough. However, I have to say BF5 has had the rockiest roll out since BF4 and I have no idea how people are saying there are only a few minor bugs. There are plenty of issues and bugs that are affecting this game in big ways. We've had broken game timers, bombs spawning underground, failures to deploy at the start of matches, revive not working server wide (now fixed), items failing to unlock, hard game freezes in menu systems, assignments not tracking, damage stacking on single frames, getting stuck in bleed out, call for help not working, falling through the map, misaligned sights/scopes, tons of graphical errors and object/texture tearing, revived players sliding meters away from the medic, and other lock ups that require an ALT+F4 to resolve.

Im not saying the game in unplayable, but people shouldnt have to quit out of matches and/or close out BF5 as much as they do because the game is a buggy mess. Its not a Bethesda game, but I expect way higher QC for a AAA launch.
  • Donaramu
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I loved BF3 and BFH. BF4 was broken for almost 2 years. Really broken for 6 months. Every patch they fixed and broke something else. I don't care if it is " good now", And yes BF1, while I liked it at first, was bad.

So far BFV isn't too bad, but I do want more competition and such.