why all the hate

Meduio
4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
new to the game and for that matter pc gaming (last 3 years). I've spent a absurd amount of money on my system and games, no complaints though. love this game but curios to all players running around putting down noobs, why is that? did everyone start off being what they believe is battle field gods? its a game! play it, have fun playing it, repeat. the one thing I have noticed is some seem to get really butt hurt then start yelling cheater, strange. I hear about campers, not sure what those are lol. on a real battlefield those are survivors and usually victors. why cant people play a game without all the BS it seems to me would help tremendously in the fun of the game. my point is instead of complaing about a noob how about, I don't know, offer advice on the game that you believe your a god in. it would strengthen the play and make it much more enjoyable for those of us who parents didn't pay for the game. tell me if I'm wrong, but most of the complaints I see sound as if posed by those who are very young and have no way of talking with out insults. I love the game and looking forward to Tuesday for 5 to come out. I will say that most on here are fair and good players here for the same reason I am, to have fun. the point to my post is this, play the game have fun cause unlike Real combat you get to turn off the battle at will. have fun, I know I will, see you on the field.

Comments

• DiabolicBroccoli
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    While I agree with you that new players should not be treated with disdain I do have to say camping is frankly annoying and should be removed from the game.
  • Meduio
    I don't think I could camp if I wanted too lol seems to be a good way to get killed. my point to it is if a person wants to play the game using different tactics then another then why not? did that person spend less for the right to play the game? I get killed on a very steady basis at this point, but I am improving. my particular style is move forward at all cost, some on the other hand are the sit and wait for me to come, well that's how I get killed. to me its all part of the game play.
  • Titan_Awaken
    663 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here is the best piece of advice you can receive from anyone:

Turn the chat off completely. You can do this by pressing H a few times until the chat disappears.

I'm serious, nothing good ever comes out of the chat. Global chat is overwhelmingly used for crap talking the enemy and insults and the ever so prominent "gg ez" at the end of the rounds. Team chat is rarely ever used but when it is, little to no one actually pays attention to the feedback or info being typed. Squad chat is by far your best bet, if you find yourself in a competent squad, squad chat is your best friend. However, most of the time you'll be running in a squad full of randos just doing their own thing (nothing wrong with that).

If you are legit about improving your game experience or having fun, turn off the chat, or at least set it to 'When Active'.
  • Meduio
    Great advice, been trying to figure out how to do this thank you
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Noobs get hate for not knowing how to play their role in the most basic way and for playing in the wrong region with that sweet 200+ ping.
  • DiabolicBroccoli
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Noobs get hate for not knowing how to play their role in the most basic way and for playing in the wrong region with that sweet 200+ ping.

Perhaps instead of hating on someone for not knowing how to play the game you could instead communicate with them and help them learn. Furthermore, how is playing with high ping the action of a new player?
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Perhaps instead of hating on someone for not knowing how to play the game you could instead communicate with them and help them learn. Furthermore, how is playing with high ping the action of a new player?

Just telling it like it is, people eventually grow tired of telling noobs the same thing over and over, some people just don't respond well to advice then abuse serves a dual purpose, lets you blow off steam and stress the urgency of what's lacking. Someone with your superior intellect should be able to figure this one out, new players don't know Quickmatch is broken and use this feature to get put into servers not in their own region, high ping accomplished.
  • cikna007
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What if you have only one hand? then you can only camp! :D My opinion is; till you improve your aim and get better in playing camping is good it is part of learning. You can never kill so many enemies while camping, so in time everyone will go searching the enemies.
    I do not know how to play BF V. I suck - so I camp! Simple.. I hate when players from my side stand in front of me while I' m camping with sniper rifle shooting at me - they should be banned. I think to myself "go and play a game you idiot and leave me alone"! In my opinion those people are real idiots! EA made a god game, every individual has his own mind and should play the game within the frame of all the possibilities that the game is providing. That is the fun of it, some run, some camp, some fly... Camping is a strategy, if you get killed by a camper then you are obviously need to improve your game to avoid being killed. Camper do not break any rules, it is a possibility why not use it. If you camp well you can kill maybe 20 soldiers or less, but you don' t get killed a lot. THAT MEANS YOU DO NOT KILL A LOT OF ENEMIES - GOOD FOR THEM, YOU KILL SOME AND DO NOT LOSE MANY LIFES - GOOD FOR YOUR SIDE. EVERYBODY WINS BUT YOU!