ok, so what does everybody think of bfv?

Comments

• Doctor_Monster
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V is OK. Much better than BF1, not nearly as good as BF3 or BF4 (apart from 4's atrocious launch). The gunplay is quite good, it is up there with BF3 and BF4. Some balance issues, but not much different from the complete assault/engineer dominance in BF3&4. What makes this game less interesting than 3 and 4 is the lack of any real interaction between the classes apart from primitive functions such as ammo and health.

I really have a hard time understandingwhy this game is lauded so much for its squad play. The classes apart feel a bit flat, its mostly different gunplay with some minor (at least in terms of how interesting it is to use) function added to it. Compared to complex interactions like for example a SOFLAM + Javelin in BF3 and 4, it is kind of uninteresting to throw ammo pack and medpacks ad nauseam. Don't get me wrong, health and ammo is important, but it is not interesting gameplay or a fun way of interacting. It is tedious dependency.

Vehicle gameplay is quite uninteresting Air combat has felt disjointed from the rest of the game since and including BF1. Only reason for attack planes even existing is to take out overpowered bomber planes that is an annoyance to be dealt with. Air combat and ground vehicle and infantry felt more connected and interactive in BF3&4. Tanks are OK, maybe a bit weak. But I haven't had a fun time cooperating in a tank as a squad since BF3&4, again, the interactions between the seats were more interesting (Laser designation, Machine gunners that didnt get sniped 2 seconds after they spawned in the tank).
  • MommyHacks
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Catch up mechanic is absolutely ruining this game. Far worse than behemoths in bf1.
  • irishwarriormoor
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Has the potential to be the best one yet. This is the first battlefield where I actually want to play with my squad. I did to a small degree in BF1 but for some reason it just feels better in BFV to me. I couldn't say how squads were in Bad Company 2, Vietnam, 1942 or BF3 because I played rogue in those games, lol.

As far as aircraft, I've never really been one to fly the military aircraft but I do see how they were more intergrated into the action in BF3 and to a lesser degree in BF4.
  • Jmiddle01
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    After waiting for so long since the word was out, EA would make a WW2 game, today I‘ver bought the thing and was disappointed within the first rounds. The game doesn‘t deliver half of the atmosphere BF1 has, the gameplay is blurry, there is no flow and campers have a new playground. I really couldn‘t say that this is an improvement, compared to BF1 I miss detail. The landscapes in BF1 are somewhat great, BF5 lacks everything a WW2 game could offer. I regret buying it.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jmiddle01 wrote: »
    After waiting for so long since the word was out, EA would make a WW2 game, today I‘ver bought the thing and was disappointed within the first rounds. The game doesn‘t deliver half of the atmosphere BF1 has, the gameplay is blurry, there is no flow and campers have a new playground. I really couldn‘t say that this is an improvement, compared to BF1 I miss detail. The landscapes in BF1 are somewhat great, BF5 lacks everything a WW2 game could offer. I regret buying it.

agree with a lot of your points.. The graphics are ok, but VERY blurry no matter what settings I use.. I feel this is a downgrade from BF1, hopefully with time they will make the game better, because after 1000 hours in BF1, I had enugh of that game too... we will see..
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »

agree with a lot of your points.. The graphics are ok, but VERY blurry no matter what settings I use.. I feel this is a downgrade from BF1, hopefully with time they will make the game better, because after 1000 hours in BF1, I had enugh of that game too... we will see..

Just curious what gfx card and settings people are using where things are blurry?

Turned off all the random effects and it looks pretty clear to me.
  • TookYourCookie
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bought the origin access instead. At least I can enjoy mass effect and some fifa ;P
  • Kasumi_PoiA
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I preorder some bug and for bonus they giveme a game
  • Remiwinkz
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks need some work and they really need to make it so bomber pilots can't change seats instantly to the gunner spots.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »

Just curious what gfx card and settings people are using where things are blurry?

Turned off all the random effects and it looks pretty clear to me.

GTX 1080 all low on 1440p.. there is som kind of forced anti alias that you can only turn off with a config file (but unfortunatly gives a lot of artifacts)
  • SirBobdk
    3933 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remiwinkz wrote: »
    Tanks need some work and they really need to make it so bomber pilots can't change seats instantly to the gunner spots.
    Tanks are ok but the mapdesign makes them hard to use.
    Fighters are so strong and no one joins bombers as gunner so its just fair that pilots can change seat fast.

• xphilipjfryx
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game feels like it been rushed out lots of Bugs TTK is broken right now Recon's spot flare is worthless and needs to be adjusted. has potential i don't really care for the map's so much i hope they do more iconic maps.
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On Xbox.

Tank controls feel janky and the general movement feels like you're floating on a stick of butter on a hot surface.

If you use the Tow function on the HT you will spend half your time cartwheeling in the air.

Planes seem to be quite overpowered/AA seems easily countered by them not sure which.

Gunplay seems to punish anyone who does not play assault or use KE7 support. TTK needs increasing slightly.

UI is just awful but we were all expecting that.

Panzerfaust also seems to simply delete armour.

I do have fun in a lot of games but in hindsight this should have been a Q1 2019 release.
  • DreamEater23
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's really good. Bugs are really rare for me except for getting no scoreboard at the end of the game. Guns seemed balance very well. Medic class is the only guns that need a boost really. I've played a lot of games that are really close and come down to the wire to determine a victor.

i suggest you get EA access and try the 10 hour trial. That way if you don't like it your only spending 5 bucks instead of 60. But IMO the game is very good and a lot of fun.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'd rather play hardline
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What I've notice alot is its becoming a camp fest. Not that it hasnt happened in other BF games. It's just that in this one plus the hard time to see enemies and no spotting. A enemy can litterly just sit in one spot and farms kills. Whatever map that is with the rocky terrain. On frontlines it's a snooze fest. And a camp fest. Wish we could vote on the maps. TTD needs adjustment. Add 60hz xbox servers.
  • Ciobu_90
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Onestamente ho giocato poco a Bf1 per poter paragonarlo a BfV, ma a mio parere è praticamente la stessa cosa . Quindi ho speso 80 euro per avere un gioco che ho già. Voto 4
  • Jmiddle01
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Today, I gave back the game due to EAs refunding terms. BF5 is not for me.