Weekly BF

Where is RUSH mode??

Darrenbattlelog
452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Frontlines is a snooze fest on certain maps. Breakthrough is confusing as anything and I'm not interested. Bring back RUSH. And Shock Operations if you can.

Comments

• Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Isn't breakthrough basically Rush? You move through a set of point and then push to the next, that's Rush in a nutshell. What is your specific issue with Breakthrough?

Also it looks like it comes in the second series of "Tides of War"

“FEAR THE GERMAN WAR MACHINE”
    CHAPTER 2: LIGHTNING STRIKES
    Coming late January 2019. This chapter is all about vehicle play and new takes on classic modes, Rush and Squad Conquest.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rush is one point at a time and you have to arm or disarm it. It's a fast paced mode. It needs to come back.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rush is one point at a time and you have to arm or disarm it. It's a fast paced mode. It needs to come back.

Ummm was Rush a single point in BF1? Because in BF4 and BF3 it was always 2 points, like many Breakthrough maps are now. Also, January.
  • BaconRebellion
    2440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rush is coming. Sometime vetween January amd March during Lightning Strikes. Itll come with a new Grand Ops and Squad Conquest.
  • Kongo030
    665 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF V release was rushed - SCNR
  • Darrenbattlelog

Ummm was Rush a single point in BF1? Because in BF4 and BF3 it was always 2 points, like many Breakthrough maps are now. Also, January.

Sorry I mis spoke. I meant one point out of two at a time you can arm. Once one is down you have one left.
  • JamieCurnock
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I loved rush until I played operations in bf1.

Operations took away the crazy explosive spam and campers that just sat staring at the mcom stations waiting for people to try and arm them. I preferred that the capture points were bigger and we're no longer focused on a 1sq meter patch of ground where the mcom is.

I found rush became a matter of someone having to run in like a nutter to arm the station, most of the time dying repeatedly whilst under fire from snipers, grenades, rockets, c4, tripmines etc etc. A lot of the time it was decided by throwing smoke and arming it in the confusion.

Don't get me wrong, I cut my battlefield teeth on rush but to me operations is just an improved version of that game mode.
  • 11KingJake11
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We need rush mode please
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If rush comes back it has to be the old school Bad Company style MCOMM's with MCOMM bashing with 2.0 destruction of caving a building in on it. Them were good times on BC2. Then people cried then DICE moved most MCOMM's outside. lol
  • Fas7Eddi3
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rush was amazing. So sad they took it away
  • matcher666
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rush has been in Battlefield since Battlefield 2142 but it was called Titan! This is not Battlefield if there is no rush mode.
  • Kongo030
    665 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should charge Boins for playing Rush :open_mouth:
  • Noodlesocks
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would prefer Rush over Deathmatch, Domination and that new 5v5 CQC mode they're making.
  • Oracl3man
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Put Rush back for crying out loud
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a little confused as to why it's a problem to have a "temporary game mode." It brings players back and stops staleness from repetitive game modes. The more permanent game modes they have, the more divided the playerbase is. I'm even more confused as to how that announcement that it was temporary was missed. They plastered it everywhere.
  • fragnstein
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a little confused as to why it's a problem to have a "temporary game mode." It brings players back and stops staleness from repetitive game modes. The more permanent game modes they have, the more divided the playerbase is. I'm even more confused as to how that announcement that it was temporary was missed. They plastered it everywhere.

Having another way to play the same maps isn't dividing the player base because all the players have access to this mode. Now if you had dlc which not everyone buys, now your splitting the community. With each dlc create's more servers with spicific dlc which not everyone buys. When everyone has access to the same content, that is not splitting the player base
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Having another way to play the same maps isn't dividing the player base because all the players have access to this mode. Now if you had dlc which not everyone buys, now your splitting the community. With each dlc create's more servers with spicific dlc which not everyone buys. When everyone has access to the same content, that is not splitting the player base
    The problem is, if 25% of the 25% of the players that enjoy frontlines turn to RUSH, that's still 25% less players playing Frontlines. That's splitting the playerbase, but not in the traditional "behind a paywall" sense.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    840 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

The problem is, if 25% of the 25% of the players that enjoy frontlines turn to RUSH, that's still 25% less players playing Frontlines. That's splitting the playerbase, but not in the traditional "behind a paywall" sense.
    If the player base is so small that it can't handle the option of including a classic mode like Rush, then it's already over. 
  • aRrAyStArTaT0

If the player base is so small that it can't handle the option of including a classic mode like Rush, then it's already over. 
    The point is the playerbase is still split.
  • UnearthedCO
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't breakthrough basically Rush? You move through a set of point and then push to the next, that's Rush in a nutshell. What is your specific issue with Breakthrough?

Breakthrough has too many players.  Rush has less players and works a lot better with the squad mechanics of BFV. Squad conquest also works just as good with the squad style team play.  Breakthrough feels chaotic and less organized.