Medic weapons are garbage. And bipoted campers, the way this game is meant to be played? [RANT]

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MP 34 maxed out when you play domination with no aircrafts or tanks and campers

20181121-152634.jpg

Domination is a mode that suits the SMGs for the most part though. Most of the domination maps are centered around more CQB areas.

The problem with SMGs is in large game modes.
  • KiLaZoMb13_a5af
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is much wrong with this game, but medic SMGs are not one of them. The basic weapon is excellent. You can self-heal all day - you want top notch combat ability too? FFS.

Bipods? Not getting any issues myself.

Sounds like you're having latency variation issues (no, having a low ping indicated in game does not mean all should be fine) and class envy.

Because of the medic class, everyone else can self heal too, so that problem was at least almost fixed. But to say that the weapons for medics are balanced is a blatant lie. It is naive to say that the SMG's can really compete in any range across the board. Solution?

1. Increase the range before damage fall off
    2. Add versatility to the medic class with single shot rifles, and use the M2 carbine as opposed to the M1A1 carbine.

P.S. single fire action for most smg's (that permit) would be an awesome middle ground as well ( I'm looking at the thompson because the gun model shows it's capable of doing it)
  • bran1986
    5590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V balance.
    xsZnm13.jpg
  • y_j_es_i
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that medics should be able to use semi-auto rifles but I think they should have like a 15-20% accuracy and recoil penalty compared to when assault troops use them
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    372 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Guys i found a solution for conquest.

Pick up assault weapons from corpses. You still keep the medical kits tho lol
  • bran1986
    5590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guys i found a solution for conquest.

Pick up assault weapons from corpses. You still keep the medical kits tho lol

I have done this a couple of times lol.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    Just a couple? lol
  • VincentNZ
    2578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Use the Sumo and just wreck everything all day. I honestly see no place for any other SMG, besides the Thompson maybe. All benefits, no drawbacks.
  • me171pro
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can tell who does not play medic in this forum.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Use the Sumo and just wreck everything all day. I honestly see no place for any other SMG, besides the Thompson maybe. All benefits, no drawbacks.

Its good up to 5 metres
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Its good up to 5 metres

Nah, probably 20, but then it goes downhill.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Then another thing i dont understand, is why the Suomi is considered mediocre in this game. If anyone has a minimum acknowledgement of militaria, he knows that Suomi was not only very accurate and powerful, but had also almost non existant recoil. Its on the same league of the Beretta MAB 38/A, but the latter is a bit lighter than Suomi.

Suomi should be the best medical weapon by far from the list. Even Sten that was a single piece of iron easy to mass produce has better stats than that. Which is nonsense.

The Suomi is better than the Sten. First off all you have 18 bullets more in the mag and a much higher ROF. With the SMGs using the same spread mechanic as in previous BF titles the Suomi also plays similar to a P90 of BF4. You are forced to tapfire it. The Sten however has miniscule recoil and poor accuracy leading to very unintuitive and unrewarding TTK. You should be bursting this weapon as well, but since your crosshair is on target this is unintuitive. So, for the average user, a Suomi is better than the Sten in almost all regards.

Doesn't the Soumi have a ton of recoil though ? I know smg are meant for close range but I have had some success at mid range with the sten.
  • bran1986
    Then another thing i dont understand, is why the Suomi is considered mediocre in this game. If anyone has a minimum acknowledgement of militaria, he knows that Suomi was not only very accurate and powerful, but had also almost non existant recoil. Its on the same league of the Beretta MAB 38/A, but the latter is a bit lighter than Suomi.

Suomi should be the best medical weapon by far from the list. Even Sten that was a single piece of iron easy to mass produce has better stats than that. Which is nonsense.

The Suomi is better than the Sten. First off all you have 18 bullets more in the mag and a much higher ROF. With the SMGs using the same spread mechanic as in previous BF titles the Suomi also plays similar to a P90 of BF4. You are forced to tapfire it. The Sten however has miniscule recoil and poor accuracy leading to very unintuitive and unrewarding TTK. You should be bursting this weapon as well, but since your crosshair is on target this is unintuitive. So, for the average user, a Suomi is better than the Sten in almost all regards.

Doesn't the Soumi have a ton of recoil though ? I know smg are meant for close range but I have had some success at mid range with the sten.

Yeah it has a lot of recoil that makes it hard to hit anything past 10-15 meters, but is one of the few smgs you can use to beat assault rifles and lmgs. Anything outside of the Suomi, Thompson, and to a lesser extent the mp28, you can get the drop on these players but lose with any other smg.
  • bran1986
    Just a couple? lol

Yeah because trying to get the gun off the ground is a pain sometimes, and it will usually lead to you dead trying to grab it.
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't think Dice did a very good job with the characteristics of the gun in the game. Sure, gamebalance trumps IRL, but come on.
  • CathalSwanton
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think a really good idea would be giving medic's shotguns...…… Hear me out it won't make them be spammed. I would like if DICE removed shotguns off supports (they already have 3 weapon types) give shotguns to medics and boom. they have a short range weapon to counter CQB **** by G43's and KE7's. I also think SMG's are "OK" guns but what they should do is give SMG's a 2x headshot multiplier like in BF1 to help in CQB, and no it won't make them broken. the MP40 does about 19 damage a shot and SMG's don't get headshots often so it would work in my opinion.....
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think a really good idea would be giving medic's shotguns...…… Hear me out it won't make them be spammed. I would like if DICE removed shotguns off supports (they already have 3 weapon types) give shotguns to medics and boom. they have a short range weapon to counter CQB **** by G43's and KE7's. I also think SMG's are "OK" guns but what they should do is give SMG's a 2x headshot multiplier like in BF1 to help in CQB, and no it won't make them broken. the MP40 does about 19 damage a shot and SMG's don't get headshots often so it would work in my opinion.....

I'm pretty sure all weapons except for Recon SLRs have a 2x headshot multiplier already.

Also, shotguns wouldn't really help the medic class when it comes to combat on open maps like Hamada where they need better ranged weapons.
  • CathalSwanton
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess so, maybe we just need SLR's back into medic hands to allow them not to get cross-mapped by a KE7 camper or STG 1-5
  • jaromarcoo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    n0ahBrah wrote: »
    I agree %10000 that playing as a Medic and healing and reviving is a non selfish playing style and they should have the Assault Rifles just like in BF3/4 and the Assault class should be just like the engineer class. I don't see what's the point of giving Assault the best guns in the game towards infy and giving them the best weapons towards tanks and air craft. The Assault class is very selfish as they can't heal nor provide anything for their teammates other than take out enemy teammates. Classes in BF4 all had some type of way to defend themselves vs Tanks. In BFV as a medic if you see a tank all you can do is hide. In BF4 the medic at least had the option of a M320. although it didn't do much damage it wasn't supposed to. It's a way to defend yourself a bit. Engineers obvious had repair tools, RPGs, and Mines. Support and Recon both had C4 options. But in BFV medics can't do a single damage to tanks. not just that but they could barely kill infy. I play as a medic because I enjoy giving out heal and reviving fast because Reviving has always been a Battlefield thing to do but as soon as I spawn I pick up the first weapon I see because I literally rather have a DMR, Sniper, AR, LMG, literally anything is gonna be better than the best SMG lol rip. If you're playing medic you're basically playing the **** for your team. I'm sorry but facts.

Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian

Yep, when in luck..down someone and pick up his weapon!
  • jaromarcoo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because it's not a 1vs1 at the beginning. It's a dude you find in front, and the same dude is not minimally paying attention to you, till you start shooting at him and you catch his attention. And he shoots back. And kills.

In that scenario you can outgun anyone with any medic weapon if they are taken by surprise. But in a 1vs1 in which the medic faces another class and both are ready to pull the trigger one against the other as in a western movie, the medic is always a dead man.

I miss alot BF1. Medics there were perfect as multirole. Want to be aggressive to get a flag? Use Fedorov or Sweeper. Want to be versatile but accurate. Use Mondragon sniper or Selb 1916 marksman. You could decide how you wanted to play. And the medic you wanted to be.

Now it's like a mass medic charge in no mans land. "ohh a guy is shooting me from Mars with a Stag 44, i should hit back and let's hope my bullets dont spread around like they were a shotgun just after 20 meters.

Medic weapons just suck. Im sorry to say that. They would suck a little bit less if the class had more types of weapons like in BF1. Few for short and few others for medium range

Hmm...memories of The Sweeper.