8 Player Squads??

GDA-EagleSix
22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So my friends and I enjoy to play together. We are usually on a party of 8 since PS4 obviously can maintain 8 Player limit. How is it possible for all of us to play together in the same game?? Can we not have a system where we can invite 8 players and it puts us all in the same game as two squads of 4??

Comments

• TheRealJazzman
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, they need to at least have 6 player squads back. Only have four is ridiculous, we have about 15-20 people that all play together and trying to get us all on the same team takes a lot of time. Not to mention joining on one another is a pain in the butt.
  • MaikelMcGiver123
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never understood the 4 player squad cap.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1840 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ive always wondered how bigger than 5 player squads would be...
  • BtheReaper49
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    6 players squads would be fantastic! Would mean more teamwork Which is what they were striving for with this game correct? Right now teamwork is just a fallacy
  • GDA-EagleSix
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm always amazing how they never take these things into consideration. It seems like one of those things you definitely want to apply to your games by default whether it be BFV or SWBF.
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure their thinking is 4 classes; so four man squads. One of each is perfection.

Funnily enough though, https://www.britannica.com/topic/military-unit states that a squad is comprised of 7 to 14 soldiers. Taking one off for mathematical logistics in this game would actually be perfect from nearly every standpoint.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The 4 player squad comes from modern US and western military sub units.
    So it was fitting there.

WW2 you need more flexibility.
    A US section would be split into a 3 man scout/leader section (not snipers, rifles and smgs), a 3 man BAR team (1 BAR, 2 rifles).. and a larger rifle group 5-6 rifle men (1 carrying anti tank rifle grenades).

British and commonwealth had a six man rifle group lead by a cpl with an smg, and a 3 man Bren gun team.

German sections were built around an MG team (MG34/42) of 3 men. And a 7 man rifle section led by an NCO with an SMG.

So the 4 man team could be extended to 6-7... 8 might be too big.
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    So it was fitting there.

A US section would be split into a 3 man scout/leader section (not snipers, rifles and smgs), a 3 man BAR team (1 BAR, 2 rifles).. and a larger rifle group 5-6 rifle men (1 carrying anti tank rifle grenades).

British and commonwealth had a six man rifle group lead by a cpl with an smg, and a 3 man Bren gun team.

German sections were built around an MG team (MG34/42) of 3 men. And a 7 man rifle section led by an NCO with an SMG.

Dude, how in the hell do u guys know all this stuff? As a guy who just downloads the game and plays once in a while in my free time I'm impressed with the knowledge some of you guys have.
  • mf_shro0m
    2288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that 8 player squads would be better
  • GDA-EagleSix
    So it was fitting there.

You're not understanding my point. Keep the 4 man squad, what I'm saying it allows all 8 players in a PS4 party be able to squad up and join the same game, but when they load into the game separate them in 2 squads of 4.
  • StormSaxon
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So it was fitting there.

You're not understanding my point. Keep the 4 man squad, what I'm saying it allows all 8 players in a PS4 party be able to squad up and join the same game, but when they load into the game separate them in 2 squads of 4.

Cool
  • 20200sfly
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the 8 man squad idea. Then I can have 1 guy in the plane, 1 or 2 guys in the back AFK, 3 or 4 snipers ten miles from any objective and still have a chance for 1 or 2 guys actually trying that I can spawn on.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So it was fitting there.

Have your one squad of 4 join a game. Then have someone or two break off that squad when in game have your other 4 join on them respectively once all in game split back up to how you want.

It may take one game to do this fully btw.
  • Euphoric77
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    So it was fitting there.

Have your one squad of 4 join a game. Then have someone or two break off that squad when in game have your other 4 join on them respectively once all in game split back up to how you want.

This is indeed the only way at the moment, however after 1 correct match, the balancing starts to hit and most likely will cause 1 of the squads to be on the enemy side. This is not wanted at all. I understand the reasoning, but clans or friendly parties want to play together. We already had several rounds where we got split up, you even need to watch what you are saying in the chat as not to give out where your sqquad is heading because the other friends know. This needs to be addressed.
  • GDA-EagleSix
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    So it was fitting there.

That's too much of a hassle. Frankly idk why they don't include this from previous games. In BF4 they had 6 man squads, in BF1 there was 5 man squads (but 8 players could also join but be in the game). I mean wtf?? Are we going backwards?? Idk why they don't automatically include this feature in every game they make unless they are intentionally making themselves look like idiots. This seems to be like map voting feature. They included it in BF1, why not SWBF2 and also BFV?? Why limit the party strictly to 4 players so you can't play with full PS party of 8 players?? Seems like a duh. My friends and I don't want to spend 35 minutes of grueling jumping through hoops just to play the same game/same side.
  • trip1ex
    5080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So it was fitting there.

You mean telling the sergeant I am a Scout main didn’t fly back then?
  • Ehud_Kirsh
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I like the idea of 8 players. I want a number that is a factor of 16 and 32 (the number of players in the team), that especially for EA sports, every teammate can have a place in a squad while limiting the number of squads that are. Having said that, I would put a cap/put a large cap on the maximum number of squads in a team.
  • ElliotLH
    8979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @ragnarok013 Necro.
  • ragnarok013
    3654 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.