Is Battlefield V Too Hard or Difficult?

Comments

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    drquinnell wrote: »
    Absolutely not. BF1 was my first ever FPS game and I started about 6 months ago, I'm the definition of a casual player and in comparison to many of this forums members still very inexperienced and I think this is possibly the best game I've ever played. BFV is incredible.
    Don't judge the TTK from how quick you die, look at the time it takes to kill someone and go off that, the TTD is crawling with bugs and will definitely be fixed.
    The Attrition is the best thing that could have happened to Battlefield. We've all complained in BF1 about team mates not pulling their weight, attrition forces players to adopt a team mentality, the days of lone wolf non contributors are over. It's like a teaching guide on how to work as a squad, people will either learn and become better gamers as a result, or they'll hate it and leave BFV. Let's be honest their not the biggest loss.
    I started BFV and got hammered, I learned the rhythm and play style and now I'm capping flags (sometimes solo in Domination and Conquest) and managing maybe a 1.3 KD and loving every minute of BFV.
    It's just a shame that Dice released a game that clearly has been rushed out, if they'd taken the time to iron out all these bugs people would see that this could be the best Battlefield yet.

The biggest lose will be you will have no one to play against think about it

Because everyone will abandon BFV? I massively doubt that.
    Those that are drawn to the concept of using team work to achieve a goal will be drawn to this game. When you get a good squad BFV is just so much better than BF1, and I loved BF1.
    Those that prefer to go lone wolf will go to CoD or a similar franchise, all they do is hold back the rest of the squad so while the player base might become negligibly smaller the quality of players and the matches themselves will rise.
    Still a win.
  • AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too be totally honest, I am starting to really like the game, after about 50 hours playtime I can actually say this is the same as what happened to me with BF1. Once you start to get used to the playstyle it starts to be fun, some tweaks here and there are needed but yes I think BF5 looking good.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just find it hard to remain patient enough. Guess iam only 15 hours or so in.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    It's easily the most difficult/unforgiving Battlefield I've ever played. That doesn't necessarily make it bad, and I absolutely love how much emphasis it places on teamwork, but I do think it will turn off a ton of players. I also think the game would be straight up better with a higher TTD and TTK to increase both survivability and the duration of gunfights, but that's just my opinion of course.
  • Duardian
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play better on bf5, so I disagree. Probably I had a bad playstyle on bf1. The new spotting system changed a lot (in a good way) it actually makes me die less in a match
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duardian wrote: »
    I play better on bf5, so I disagree. Probably I had a bad playstyle on bf1. The new spotting system changed a lot (in a good way) it actually makes me die less in a match

I feel like i die more than ever lol, apart from when i was a total noob at first on BF2 when i'd never played anything like it and was fairy new to PC gaming and keyboard and mouse and multi player.
  • Duardian
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I feel like i die more than ever lol, apart from when i was a total noob at first on BF2 when i'd never played anything like it and was fairy new to PC gaming and keyboard and mouse and multi player.

I try to out position my enemy, have an aim advantage over them. Some ppl will call it camping but that's not true. I say it's playing cautious, figure out where my enemy will run next and surprise them
  • Piotrek1983pm
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After couple rounds it is much easier than at the beginning, guns easier than BF1, you have to position yourself bit better, I mean hide more as bullets are very fast and it feels one bullet kills, over all bf1 seems a game requiring more skill, here you do this, hide scope, kill, hide, slope, kill...........
  • SumwhatKrazy

I try to out position my enemy, have an aim advantage over them. Some ppl will call it camping but that's not true. I say it's playing cautious, figure out where my enemy will run next and surprise them

Yeah i think sometimes iam too impatient or there's not enough team work. I guess iam more used to being owned by vehicles in the past, not infantry so much.
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    game takes less skill than bf1. it's less fun, its not hard at all on pc. you can pretend all you want, but it takes no more skill to play this than it does any other bf game. tap fire and pre fire.. all day long. the recoil is easy to adjust to with a keyboard and mouse. if you ever played hardcore before you already are used to having no spotting. everything else is just a given, you spawn, you follow the players. you pick up health packs, dip under cover, and go.
  • Tremu1ant
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    game takes less skill than bf1. it's less fun, its not hard at all on pc. you can pretend all you want, but it takes no more skill to play this than it does any other bf game. tap fire and pre fire.. all day long. the recoil is easy to adjust to with a keyboard and mouse. if you ever played hardcore before you already are used to having no spotting. everything else is just a given, you spawn, you follow the players. you pick up health packs, dip under cover, and go.

So... you don't like BF5 because it's... BF?

Also... Any decent FPS player will adjust to recoil with a keyboard and mouse. That's... kinda how it works.
  • Xylber
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The sniper class is one of the easiest. Fast self health is another easy thing. I'm still in the middle of the scoreboard, but I need more practice, that is all.

Making it easier will be just an insult to my inteligence/skills.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't mean to stat bash, but your BF1 stats are like 50 percent better, which kind of contradicts your message.
  • fbang
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just throwing my 2 cents. I was rage quitting the first two days, but now I love it. It's harder but much more rewarding. And I love that when I get killed, it's because the other guy is good. Not because I got grenade spammed or a random artillery shell killed me. I hope they don't change the playstyle of BF5
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

I don't mean to stat bash, but your BF1 stats are like 50 percent better, which kind of contradicts your message.

Yeah, and I imagine that'll be the case for most players. My stats are also considerably worse than they were in BF1. The game is just plain tough.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, and I imagine that'll be the case for most players. My stats are also considerably worse than they were in BF1. The game is just plain tough.
    Except for SPM all my stats are currently better in BFV than BF1.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    C
    Danz_RS wrote: »

My spm is absolute garbage in bfv. Playing well otherwise.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    C

No win multiplier, XP boost or double XP weekends. A new scoring baseline. I much prefer it this way, has the potential to mean something.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    C

Scoring is different. It's not really comparable to BF1.

520 with support, which I barely play, puts you in the top 17%.

432 recon, top 17%.

477 overall, top 20%.

Assault percentage seems bugged on the BFV battlefield tracker website. Says top 100% no matter what it is.