Crash to desk top

Comments

• G3niuSwarriorxD
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    battlefiel 5 crash after 5 minute gameplay
    system specs ( windows 10 pro, asus dual rx580 8 gb, asus prime 470 pro, rysen 7 2700 3,2ghz-4,1ghz , memory 16gb 3200mhz
  • Hounddk
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Same here, no problems with BFV alpha or beta nor with BF 3, 4 or 1. Can't really see how it should be related to my hardware.

System specs (W10 pro 1607, FX8350 @ auto OC, ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2, 12GB DDR3 @ native 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB.)
  • MrBluePlaydoh
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have dice yet to aknowledge this?
  • JosephCr1984
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just happened to me the first time. Right in the middle of a match. Entire screen froze, nothing in the UI responded. Then a few seconds later I was in the desktop. BF5.exe was terminated.
  • Shnuglybagel
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i am getting crashes every 20 minutes with no error. just closes and puts me back to windows.

i7-8700k 5.0ghz w/ WCing
    16gb 3600mhz ram
    gtx 1080 hybrid
    rog z370-e
    750w supply
    running bf4 from 1tb m.2
  • Aii_Gee
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    This is called PC stability issues,BF5 has nothing to do with RAM rather than putting the PC on a huge load where many other games does not. Your PC is unstable , that is why you get these problems. Get back your RAM, reset your memory configuration to stock settings and test with it.
    Memtest Pro is a good memory testing application running on Windows, try it.

I've stress tested my CPU and RAM overnight and the tests did not show any stability issues.
    I'm not convinced it's a RAM stability issue, at least not for my case.

Deleting the 'twinkle' folder might have worked but I'm not sure, my BFV sessions can last fairly long before it decides to crash (1+ hours) so I can't really confirm deleting twinkle works. I don't even know what deleting twinkle exactly does other than making me watch the game mode intros again.
    Post edited by Aii_Gee on
  • Prasinos333
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just happened to me the first time. Right in the middle of a match. Entire screen froze, nothing in the UI responded. Then a few seconds later I was in the desktop. BF5.exe was terminated.

I am getting the same problem as well, I'd launch the game, play around 10 minutes or so before the game freezes then crashes. This has only happened after pressing the update prompt when starting the game it for the first time today.
  • F_ckNut3
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe check the heatsink? Redid my thermal paste and cured my crashing, during and opening, on two GPU challenging games after going through numerous frustrating efforts posted on forums.
    Doesn't hurt
  • ZanoBeast
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Crash is happening the same for me. only get 5 mins of gameplay then BOOM it crashes every time. Crash to desktop with no error. CMON EA GAMES - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING ABOUT THIS!
  • DokoBG
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Well I got a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error message after about 2 hrs into some rounds. I have over 30 hrs gameplay in this game and these crashes started happening recently. I think those new updates to the game are causing these crashing issues.

w10 1809
    1080 ti
    Evga Supernova 1200W P2

Nvidia 416.94 drivers
    Post edited by DokoBG on
  • HauntedWarrior
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thougjt the twinkle folder delete was working for me breifly but game just crashed...wasnt even a full game
  • _astrix_au
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Guys thinking there is no info on crash you need to check Event viewer and that will have information including faulting applications and crash dumps. In Event viewer look under Windows logs / Applications.
  • _astrix_au
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same here. But mine crashes 10-20 seconds in the menu. I can´t play. And tried everything.

I had this issue, disabling freesync and changing the games refresh rate to 144hz like my monitor fixed it. Not sure why the game was running 60hz when my monitor was set to 144hz in freesync. After matching the refresh rate it started fine every time with freesync on at 144hz.
  • Shnuglybagel
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    ohweay wrote: »
    Cannot complete a single match keep in mind i have the latest version of windows installed 64 bit, all of the correct drivers and up to date no bloatware or any conflicting software no CPU OC no xmp or manual clocks just bone stock 16gb kit even on the qvl list. Out of nowhere the game decides to use 15.6gb of pagefile memory and it crashes no other anomalies temps fine power usage fine.

Any suggestions??

Intel 6600k
    MSI Z270-a Pro (Bios:E7A71IMS.160)
    MSI GTX 970
    Kingston hyperX 2x8 HX421C14FB2K2/16
    Win 10 pro (Build id: 1809)

Try using this software: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released

I used this solution. BFV has a bug where is caches all bfv data on ram without any removal procedure. lets say you have 16gb ram, your game will crash if you have no free memory without an error. This tool basically clears the oldest data loaded to your ram when you only have 1gb of free ram available. it hasnt affected any game structure, performance, or quality since ive been running. i have it open on my second screen and i can see why BFV crashes, because the free space keeps getting lower and lower and as soon as it hits 1gb the tool starts clearing older ram data. was very frustrated but havent had a crash in 6 hours
  • G3CC0
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same issue. In some matches (~5-10% of matches) the screen freezes and after some seconds Battlefield closes silently. Are there any (crash)logs I can look at?
  • JoesDementia
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Have had this happen but only in DX12. Switched back to DX11. No CTDs.

Frostbite's DX12 implementation still needs a lot of work.
  • dmldaddle
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    have same issues , crash freeze after 5-10 minutes.
    Even on Dx11 versions.

rollback Nvidia drivers to 416.34 , this is the same.

I even tried to play BF 1 , had the same crash. but as i haven't played it from at least 1 months,
    doesn't where is coming the bug : Frostbyte engine ? drivers ?
  • Mephisto_POA
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I heard about XMP memory profile being an issue, my game was crashing non stop before disabling it, I disabled it and now it crashes 95% less often.

bear in mind BF1 always played fine with XMP enabled on my memory

Also I noticed I got more crashed when on ultra settings, with high settings also seems to have lowered crashes.

XMP and ultra could have both been causing or just one or the other, no scientific methods here of measurement :smiley:

bear in mind I have an i7 8700k and a 2080ti
  • JiggleWang
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Dear Wagnardsoft,

Please stop sending moles into our game forums to push your new software.

Thanks.

Post edited by JiggleWang on
  • KillerECC
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playing on dx12 have fixed this issue for me.
    Dx11 crash alot..