Battlefield 1 looks better than battlefield V??

Predator_hr
13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Playing both games on 4k ultra settings and must admit bfv looks like carton game compared to bf1..
textures in bfv have problem with loading and even when they load looks low res,character looks way less detailed
coolors and overall lightning look worse in some maps...foliage looks like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ overall..overall dissapointed in
graphics in this game,gameplay wise i like more BF V.

Comments

• TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2018
    BF1, at least to me, is way more crisp/clear. I'm at 3440x1440 with 140% res scaling and BFV just doesn't look as nice. It's still a good looking game however, but I'm far more concerned with all the other issues the game has!
  • GrampyGamerTV
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems like a rushed title imo. I still feel BF3 and 4 are the best by far, from visuals to gun play etc... BF1, never really played it but it looked OK. BF5, just seems really, clunky, sluggish from a game play point of view. Gun play seems way off too. I played BF4 after playing BF 5 and to be honest, BF4 seems a much better game imo... smooth game play and gun play! Seems DICE has taken a few steps back.

Since BF1 (inc BF5) I seem to hit people loads before they go down, and yet... I always seem to get 1 or 2 shot then.... lay waiting for a res or more often have to re-spawn, eventually. Not really an enjoyable experience for me. I pre-ordered BF 1 and wish I hadn't, then vowed not to pre-order another BF Title ever again, so, I did after finding out BF 5 was WWII (as I love WWII games)... Jeez! I really must listen to my own advice! So, I WILL NOT BE PRE-ORDERING ANOTHER BF TITLE! :)
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was more open plan and as thus appeared more immersive, and yes i still go back to Bf1 to play a decent long game with great scenery, im not finding anything stunning ir in awe of yet in BfV, to me lots of closed in maps and very grey
  • Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF5 graphics now have some blurring issues, but otherwise i love it more graphically- especially the forests and nature where we can find more cover, Twisted Steel map is awesome.
    Gameplay talking, Battlefield 5 is what i was expecting from a long time- shooting is more difficult, game mechanics, positioning,, tactics, teamplay. This reminds me of my favorite title- Battlefield 2.
    Huge maps, more freedom, less shooting as COD, more tactics...
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I played BF4 after playing BF 5 and to be honest, BF4 seems a much better game imo... smooth game play and gun play! Seems DICE has taken a few steps back.

You can say that again!
  • oGLo17
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if we compare bf1 and bf5 on high or ultra settings than we see obvious improvements on bf5 in some areas, Overall, however subjectively I like more the ambience in bf1 ... but ... put all your settings in bf1 and bf5 on low, than i see obvious advantage on the bf1 side, bf5 looks miserable in comparison to bf1 on low settings.
  • InYorFase
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Who cares what it looks like, I want good smooth game play . Any game since 2011 looks plenty good enough, they don't need to look any better these days IMO
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is completely subjective but BF1 looks graphically better than BFV. Sure, BFV is more taxing on my system but I don’t feel like I am seeing the results. Maybe it’s the forced TAA?
  • blerooooo
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rotterdam is the only map that looks nice (especially when raining). Aerodrome is the worst looking, feels like I'm playing 10y old game. Something about the lighing is wrong. The hands and weapons in BF1 look way better than in BF V
  • Ninjastrike6
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think BF5 looks amazing overall, better than BF1. Anyone notice character models seem to have a lower poly count? Hope they put some work into these things.
  • slothbuns64
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bfv graphics are definitely better but I prefer BF1 graphics bc you dont have forced TAA that makes it blurry
  • Zby_PL
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think that's not true. Only snow maps look worse. Even worse than Battlefront II.
  • karcyon
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1, at least to me, is way more crisp/clear. I'm at 3440x1440 with 140% res scaling and BFV just doesn't look as nice. It's still a good looking game however, but I'm far more concerned with all the other issues the game has!

Yes it totally is. Went back and played it for a few matches and visibility is so much better, clearer and fairer.
  • Smaddeus
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zby_PL said:
    I think that's not true. Only snow maps look worse. Even worse than Battlefront II.
    I was just playing the second story of campaign, the Norway place. I was wondering why it all looks so bad like a blob of some sort, it's not a snow but some low texture or some ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I played around with graphical settings and I found out it's somehow tied with Lightning setting, because beyond Medium it looks like a blob of sort, but Medium and below it looks very nice, and to some extent decently detailed like it should be. The rest of the settings have no effect, so in general game looks kind of mediocre, nothing big of a deal, unlike every previous BF game where they had visual achievements and breakthrough stuff going on since BFBC series with destruction to BF3 new engine implementation with major visual and graphical improvement to...well...basically nothing has topped in BF series like BF3 and 4 visuals and graphics.

I think EA is pushing too hard on DICE with time limit constrains, making DICE to skip few things and make an unpolished game. Visually they trick us with some effects, but in general it just looks a bit worse than previous game when you take off all the effects(regular effects and new RTX stuff) and leave graphics only such as textures.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14299 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Smaddeus

You're a year late to this thread.

/Necro
This discussion has been closed.