Is it just me, or BF1 is so much more enjoyable and have better gameplay than BF5?

Comments

• J_Musseman
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V is a straight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ sand which of a game. If they just used the same mechanics from all the other battlefields; spotting, revives, a mini map that actually displays enemies and activity on map, it would be a much better game. Don’t know why DICE was like “hey guys you know everything that been working for all our games the past decade, let’s not do that it’ll definitely be better.”

I think BF1 is much better it had a way better feel to how it played and actually had life to the game that made the gameplay feel more intense and authentic. While I’m not a fan of the BFV I will still play it and hopefully as they release patches and updates it will get better.

However, I do think the game has things you can do that make people want to invest more into it like ranking up weapons and vehicles and unlocking new uniforms which I think is a nice add.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They both seem the same to me.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think most of us are forgetting the greatness of bf4.

Because bf1 was so heavily streamlined, we think bf5 is amazing.

Bf5 brings much more mechanics compared to bf1.. and even tho good enough . its not good enough like bf4 and we should be holding dice accountable to that.

Then you maybe surprised to find out that a large chunk of the forum finds BF4 to be the devil's seed, they despise it. It was my entry into the franchise, I loved it.
  • 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I liked 4. Don’t know why people think it was bad. Everything seemed perfect to me after a few patches.
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf 4 wasnt to bad. I miss bf3, to me one of th best other than maybe bf bc2. I do enjoy this one way more than bf1. The game was to watered down to me and that's why I didn't play much of it.
  • 68Keif
    3 was also excellent
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    phr91 wrote: »
    i said it once, i said it twice, i'll say it again:

it is just a much more difficult game.
    more difficult =/= bad gameplay/less fun.

more difficult = more challenging = less casual friendly = more fun for skilled people (movement, situation awareness, map knowledge, aim)

People don't want difficult. People don't want challenging and rewarding. People don't want a learning curve. They want easy, casual, cheap, automated, lock-on, lazy, participation prizes. I don't blame them. I blame Dice for giving them so much casualness in BF1 that it restructured the community pie and exponentially grew the unskilled casual slice giving us scrubs who expect to succeed without being challenged and demand to be rewarded for simply showing up.

Lame.

Unfortunately looking around these forums, it seems like you're on the money there.

Personally I enjoy a deep learning curve and something that takes time to master, but it looks like the majority just want a brain dead game that rewards them for little effort.

Yep. I’ll take down that tree with my chainsaw while you can use that axe. Bet I’ll have more fun in the process.

If taking cutting down trees is something you enjoy doing in your spare time, more power to ya. I prefer to game and I like my games challenging otherwise they get boring real quick.

more difficult = more challenging = less casual friendly = more fun for skilled people (movement, situation awareness, map knowledge, aim)

People don't want difficult. People don't want challenging and rewarding. People don't want a learning curve. They want easy, casual, cheap, automated, lock-on, lazy, participation prizes. I don't blame them. I blame Dice for giving them so much casualness in BF1 that it restructured the community pie and exponentially grew the unskilled casual slice giving us scrubs who expect to succeed without being challenged and demand to be rewarded for simply showing up.

Lame.

Unfortunately looking around these forums, it seems like you're on the money there.

Personally I enjoy a deep learning curve and something that takes time to master, but it looks like the majority just want a brain dead game that rewards them for little effort.

You say that the majority want a brain dead game. In all honesty, all the traffic in this forum is more then likely less then 1% of the total player population. The vocal minority is more fitting. What we have is a bunch of squeaky wheels who believe that the longer and louder they complain, the better chance they have of being oiled.
    Pretty sure the only changes that will be made to this game, balance, ect, ect will be based off of raw data mined from their servers. These people are wasting their time.

Fingers crossed.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Lame.

Yep. I’ll take down that tree with my chainsaw while you can use that axe. Bet I’ll have more fun in the process.

If taking cutting down trees is something you enjoy doing in your spare time, more power to ya. I prefer to game and I like my games challenging otherwise they get boring real quick.

Lame.

You say that the majority want a brain dead game. In all honesty, all the traffic in this forum is more then likely less then 1% of the total player population. The vocal minority is more fitting. What we have is a bunch of squeaky wheels who believe that the longer and louder they complain, the better chance they have of being oiled.
    Pretty sure the only changes that will be made to this game, balance, ect, ect will be based off of raw data mined from their servers. These people are wasting their time.

Fingers crossed.
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I feel the opposite. BF1 feels like a dumbed down version of BFV.

Haven’t enjoyed a Battlefield this much in forever.
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    seXikanac wrote: »
    So as I can see, more people agree with me that BF1 is more enjoyable than confused BF5 :disappointed:

Not even close. It’s called the vocal minority and happens after every release - even when BF1 was released.

Since, logically, people tend to rather rise negative opinions than positive. Hence why you’ll always see Youtube flooded with negative videos after a new gaming console has been released. Why would anyone post a video saying “I like this console, it has no issues”.

The rest just play and enjoy or can’t be bothered moaning about it.
  • ISyndromeI
    J_Musseman wrote: »
    Battlefield V is a straight **** sand which of a game. If they just used the same mechanics from all the other battlefields; spotting, revives, a mini map that actually displays enemies and activity on map, it would be a much better game. Don’t know why DICE was like “hey guys you know everything that been working for all our games the past decade, let’s not do that it’ll definitely be better.”

Spotting isn’t classic Battlefield.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

People don't want difficult. People don't want challenging and rewarding. People don't want a learning curve. They want easy, casual, cheap, automated, lock-on, lazy, participation prizes. I don't blame them. I blame Dice for giving them so much casualness in BF1 that it restructured the community pie and exponentially increased the unskilled casual slice giving us scrubs who expect to succeed without being challenged and demand to be rewarded for simply showing up.

Lame.

Whats really funny is that BF1 is the red headed step child of this franchise. People need to understand that Dice is going back to their roots and all the whining and crying about the game not being fun for the more casual players isnt going to change a thing.

Do you actually believe that?
  • azelenkin0306

Lame.

Once again, I am just curious - you're trolling or you actually believe in what you're saying?
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 is miles better over bfv. hands down. they put more attention to details in bf1 compared to bfV. the camrose on pc isn't a cluttered mess on bf1, it works, it's fast, and when you click on a command, a voice comes out. On five it's clunky, unresponsive, and very dull. The Chatbox on BF1 Pc isn't a "safe space" i prefer to see people call each other names and be able to say what they want on bf1, over bfv's you have a mile long list of things you can't say at all, and most make zero sense why. I loved the amount of explosives and grenade variety in BF1, loved the elite classes, loved the big air ships to give them a last chance so they didn't get spawn camped. The gun handling is much harder on BF1, so to me that takes more skill then the very simplistic way on BFv, just a touch of recoil. With a mouse and keyboard it's very easy to overcome. The lack of spotting in V is annoying to me, i didn't want to be forced to play a scavenger/hardcore mode on bf. I think BFV lacks content, progression, and that whole tier system with the weapons and tank are just a joke, just give me a straight up attachment/perk system like previous battlefields. The progression system in five is pretty much the grind for costumes, that doesn't even look good. I don't like the forced on us female characters that have a very annoying voice over work done as well. Keep the politically correct agendas for other games. What's sad i'm sure my comments will get deleted and called flame bait simply for my opinions about a game and it's company that is running it into the ground.
  • Darrenbattlelog
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

People don't want difficult. People don't want challenging and rewarding. People don't want a learning curve. They want easy, casual, cheap, automated, lock-on, lazy, participation prizes. I don't blame them. I blame Dice for giving them so much casualness in BF1 that it restructured the community pie and exponentially increased the unskilled casual slice giving us scrubs who expect to succeed without being challenged and demand to be rewarded for simply showing up.

Lame.

Whats really funny is that BF1 is the red headed step child of this franchise. People need to understand that Dice is going back to their roots and all the whining and crying about the game not being fun for the more casual players isnt going to change a thing.

Do you actually believe that?

No. It's just wishful thinking on their part. If anyone thinks for a moment that a buisness would alienate more than half the paying gamerbase to cow tow to sweaty leet tryhards
    To make a point about " going back to its roots" You are fooling yourself. I'll say it again. BF1 was and is the best selling BF to date, end of story. Best selling game off Microsoft's Xbox store to date. Buisness in buisness to make money, not stances and statements that mean nothing and dont make money. Hence the launch debacle. They will change alot of stuff. Mark my words. The game did not sell well. Christmas is coming. Changes and fixes will come for more sales. Funny how that green paper controls everything ultimatly.
  • azelenkin0306
    Biishope wrote: »
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    I remember when the BF4 boys talked bad about BF1, upset that it wasn't like the previous title. Now the shoe's on the other foot and the BF1 guys just can't leave BFV alone. Funny.

I don't want it to be like the other title. I want it to be fun.

You are entitled to dismiss the opinion on the forums but the tide of popular opinion is against this game. Let's take 3 data points from a neutral source - Metacritic:

BF4 gets average user scores of 7.0/10
    BF1 gets average user scores of 7.9/10
    BFV gets average user scores of 2.5/10

You will also note BFV got the lowest critic scores of the 3.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/battlefield-4
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/battlefield-1
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/battlefield-v

These are much wider populations than those expressed here in these forums, and I would say that this is a damning indictment of the experience that the majority of players are having. I know that there are a lot of sweaty tryhards here that love it. That is your right. However, the majority are making their views known and the the majority view is that this game is absolute trash. You fan boi's can fiddle while Rome is burning if you like, but I want this game made more accessible. I want a game that is fun for the next 2 years.

IMO The could have just had a well supported and promoted hardcore game mode for the tryhards. Soon we will see the player counts and drop off. I predict that it will be a disaster in player count. But as long as you hardcore fan boys are ok, then I guess the majority view counts for nothing......

Neutral source from user ?
    Did you just read the comments from people ? Not really objective, russian salty to not play as USSR, USA to not play USA people upset by female caracters and lets not forget the hate train since the reveal trailer and theses people don't give a **** about gameplay changes.
    And all the typical "bf1 reskin", I'm not even sure they tried the game before saying such things..

Yeah, and all 10s are very objective. I agree that game doesn't deserve 0, but it's far from 10 out of 10.

Being an Russian myself, I can say that these complaints are pretty valid. In former USSR countries this war is not just a war, this was one of biggest tragedy in our history. Not sure what sources have you read about USSR and its part in World War 2, but i can just tell you that based on recent calculations USSR lost 41 Million people.

Just read this article from Wikipedia what were the German plans about Slavic population:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalplan_Ost

Still a lot of people react emotionally on this topic and thus we have these 0s. I don't support this kind of behaviour, but i also don't blame them. Also most complaints are not only about USSR, but also about current state of the game and cut content.

I know it's a game and it's stupid to complain about it, but you know people are different and are buying games for different reasons. Besides, Call of Duty World at War somehow managed to do it right, being a good game and showing the real war, not these cosplayers' battles.
  • OzzTheBozz85
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF V is much better, the enemys in BF One are too bullet spongy. You guys know what? If you dislike V then go play One! Easy as that!
  • NameNome
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf 5 is just a trash with some ray tracing..
  • J_Musseman
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

ISyndromeI wrote: »

Spotting isn’t classic Battlefield.

With the exception of battlefield 1942 and battlefield heroes every battlefield has had a spotting mechanic which identifies enemies with a marker or on the mini map.

https://battlefield.fandom.com/wiki/Spotting
  • LeadxG
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Something weird happened to me in this game, I have no joy to kill someone. I'm not satisfied with it. Maybe because of ttk/ttd, maybe something else. Even on planes. But overall the game is good.