Weapons you didn't like at first but now you love.

MogwaiWarrior
967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Since BFV sucks I started spicing up my BF1 game play by going back and trying weapons I haven't used in awhile. I'll probably get some slack from the PC crowd but you don't see too many people using this weapon on consoles. It's the good ole Automatico. While I didn't like this weapon at first because of the harsh recoil, I guess I have become accustomed to it by having over 2100 kills with the Maschinenpistole. While I still love the Maschinenpistole the Automatico might be new new favorite gun. Not only is it a beast up close, if you tap fire it you can get some good mid range kills with it. What say you?

Comments

• ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The automatico was my first assault weapon in bf1 to get 10+ service stars, I prefered it over everything assault had. There is definetly an aquired taste for that gun, RSC Smg and the maschinenpistole.

At this moment, I have become more interested in the APOC primary weapons. Specially the lmg 08/18 low weight.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Martini-Henry, infantry, as much as I love that rifle that is how much I hate the sniper variant.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Martini-Henry, infantry, as much as I love that rifle that is how much I hate the sniper variant.

Oh the Martini Henry. My first love in BF1 and the rifle that got me to Scout level 50.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would say the RSC SMG and the M1903 experimental. I didn't like the SMG for its lack of bullets, but now I think it is the best 1v1 weapon you can field in this game. The M1903X was on the weak side of guns when the game launched, but right now it is a powerhouse for the agressive scout player. It will not outclass Assaults, but medics and supports will have a run for their money in close quarters. And when it comes to longer distances, simply switch firemode and have a bolt action rifle. Awesome.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I discovered the Kolibri with doing my last dogtag/servicestar .. it is just too much fun to do kills with once you discover how to use it :D
  • RossP317
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Oh the Martini Henry. My first love in BF1 and the rifle that got me to Scout level 50.

I reckon it has the most satisfying sound in the entire game.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RossP317 wrote: »

I reckon it has the most satisfying sound in the entire game.

Yes.
  • xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My favourite guns were auto 8.35 rsc and. 25 and federov and farquar howell. Support bar, perino, huot. Assault mp18 auto and the legendary hellriegel. Scout martini.
  • tamatem13
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    M95 recon
  • -Antares65z
    1793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Madsen and Howell. Hated them as n then discovered their secrets for success.
  • ironfist235
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Machinpistole experimental is a surprising beast! It's 2 round burst is deadly! But after TTK 2.0 I went back and tried the M1919 benet mercie and damn it's a good lmg now
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On the odd occasion I take the Selbstlader 1906 for a spin, but it’s the Autoloader extended I use the most.
    Machinpistole experimental is a surprising beast! It's 2 round burst is deadly! But after TTK 2.0 I went back and tried the M1919 benet mercie and damn it's a good lmg now

Haven’t used the Benet Mercie in a long time, might have to blow the dust off it.
  • OrionPherrit
    460 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Bergmann MP18 sucked when the game first came out, but since then it became a beneficiary of TTK 2.0 and is now a respectable weapon. Likewise with the Springfield-Pedersen experiment. Colt M1911 underperforms compared to wheelguns, however the addition of the silencer put it back in my good graces. The Baby RSC still sucks, but we recently got some beautiful new skins on the exchange & now I love it. <3
  • ThePoliteCat
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i like the mk18 optical
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can say I love it, but since they introduced the M1903 experimental bolt action mode, being having some fun with it. Only thing, I find to slow to switch modes compare to the General Liu.
  • italickus
    394 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Smith and Wesson
  • LH44x3
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    For some reason in my previous 300 hours with the game, I never clicked with scoped weapons in BF1, unlike every other BF game. Playing Rush primarily, it just wasn't the right context to be effective using sniper rifles and I always used Infantry variants of the SMLE and M95 when playing Scout, found them so satisfying. But since hitting lvl 150, and with Rush dying out so being forced to move to Shock Ops, I started hitting the old 10x scope with the Sniper models and I feel like a whole new gameplay element has been opened up.

I'm loving the 1903 Sniper and the 1917 Silenced, been tearing it up.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can say I love it, but since they introduced the M1903 experimental bolt action mode, being having some fun with it. Only thing, I find to slow to switch modes compare to the General Liu.

You can skip the animation if you switch to your sidearm then back to primary.
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RSC SMG for sure it’s buff made it absolutely devastating in CQC.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    RSC SMG for sure it’s buff made it absolutely devastating in CQC.

Had game using the RSC SMG this afternoon, it's a lot of fun, hits like Mike Tyson in his prime but with its low ammo count you can't just spray and pray.