Weekly BF

BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Like a fresh recruit, Battlefield V was clearly deployed into action without adequate preparation. And a variety of bugs, underdeveloped features, and placeholder menu screens remind you of that at nearly every turn. However, there’s a great deal of raw potential here that could, with time and luck, be forged into one of the series’ best. Bold changes to Battlefield’s traditional gunplay, essential resources, and team dynamics create a strong foundation. On the single-player front, Battlefield V presents three short but distinct vignettes that weirdly focus on small-scale stealth instead of bombastic vehicular warfare. Their successful story moments aren’t really enough to go out of your way for but they’re worth playing once you’re here. Overall, Battlefield V can be lots of fun to play today, even if there’s still a lot of building left to do.
  • Otto85
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Why is boosting even relevant? Seriously, who gives a damn if someone is cheating their stats. It has absolutely no bearing on you.

Even if they're using it to complete challenges, it's not like it's difficult to complete challenges without boosting.

I'd gladly take the benefits of a more robust BF community with properly admin controlled servers and community servers that I could frequent and run into "friendly faces" on at the expense of some people boosting. Community servers are what keeps a game alive during times when new content releases are lacking. At least half the reason I played CSS for so long was because I knew I could jump in on one of my favorite servers and end up playing with a bunch of my friends who also frequented that server. And if a hacker joined, they were gone almost immediately if an admin was present. Or I'd just contact one of the admins on my friends list to deal with it.

The benefits to me far outweigh the cons of some people boosting or running into the occasional badmin.

Bingo! If you don't like how you're being treated on a server, take your **** somewhere else. I dream of having server choices like we did in BF2. Good grief the fun that allowed. Maybe once EA sees that everyone has swallowed a mouthful of their story narrative, they will take a pause and give community servers back to us. Many of these maps now are unregulated out-flank, deploy behind, shitshows. This is going to get really old really quickly.
  • Otto85
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I've never had any issues with "badmins" in all my many years of PC gaming. It's so uncommon that it's not even really an issue.

I'm going backwards through this thread, and every time I see something that 'nails it' you wrote it. lol.
  • ZeuZx
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have they mentioned or have at least come clean on what their plans were for us to rent dedicated servers? Some clarity on their part about this subject is much needed and ASAP.
  • BalesOnUrChin
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Custom servers is what makes the Battlefield community so great, if this option is removed me and my clan will move on to other games as the current server browser makes it really hard to find and join a server with your friends let alone removing any cheaters. Its obvious DICE/EA cant stop the cheaters so no custom servers basically = game death, nobody on pc want to play with a bunch of hackers
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Custom servers is what makes the Battlefield community so great, if this option is removed me and my clan will move on to other games as the current server browser makes it really hard to find and join a server with your friends let alone removing any cheaters. Its obvious DICE/EA cant stop the cheaters so no custom servers basically = game death, nobody on pc want to play with a bunch of hackers

DICE role model seems to be *removed*, good choice :D The Company that removed many visual effects from R6 and now has to add them again, who would've guessed that :D :D :D
    Though hacking is really not a big issue in BF5.
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just comparing BF5 to other games. I haven't encountered many hackers from BFBC2 to BF5. Having hacks avaiable doesn't mean that it's a big problem^^
  • BalesOnUrChin
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFBC2 and other BF's had custom servers with Admins that banned them, thats why it wasnt much of a issue, hence my original post.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    Or you were thinking that they hacked. I haven't encountered one hacker in BF5 and if I would see one of those rage hackers I'd leave the server, so what. And if you really thing hacking is a problem in BF5 go play some Rainbow Six Siege, CSGO or COD...
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Every server I had deployed had aimbotters, Wall glitchers, teleporters, multihacks, etc. Complaints from players were numerous. Some were suspected, some were detected by punk buster and Fairfight, some were detected by anti-cheat streaming services like GGC.
    Besides cheaters, our players complained about racists, griefers, base rapers, and many other disruptive players.

Custom and RSP servers are needed, and EA condones bad behavior if it doesn’t offer them.
  • -Antares65z
    1656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Though hacking is really not a big issue in BF5.

Hacking will only get worse in games like BF5 and other PC games because the developers are not committed 100% to deploying and continuously updating their anti-cheat services. It costs them too much money and PC platform brings in the least amount of revenue for their games.

• BalesOnUrChin
    Apparently you cant post links to the several BFV hacks posted on Youtube as its considered "advertising" So i guess if you want to see for yourself just go to youtube. Moderators dont want you to know about these.
  • BalesOnThatChin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2018
    I created another EA account as my original was jailed for telling you guys about the BFV hacks, just making sure its known as it seems like EA wants to hide it. Youtube the hacks.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    Every server I had deployed had aimbotters, Wall glitchers, teleporters, multihacks, etc. Complaints from players were numerous. Some were suspected, some were detected by punk buster and Fairfight, some were detected by anti-cheat streaming services like GGC..

Just wanted to clarify that GGC/BF4DB/247FP etc are not anti-cheat software extensions. They are 3rd party ban lists. Server Admins ban a player and the players identity is added to those lists. Other servers using those lists will now auto ban that player. They are not "Banned from the game". Only from servers using those services.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Or you were thinking that they hacked. I haven't encountered one hacker in BF5 and if I would see one of those rage hackers I'd leave the server, so what. And if you really thing hacking is a problem in BF5 go play some Rainbow Six Siege, CSGO or COD...

"Thinking" someone on the third day the games out early release level 5 gets 200+ kills in conquest and the next highest was 45. I'm thinking he was doing something unruly.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6756 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dude32092 wrote: »

"Thinking" someone on the third day the games out early release level 5 gets 200+ kills in conquest and the next highest was 45. I'm thinking he was doing something unruly.

Or playing smarter than the rest.
  • ViiizuaLntegrity
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it just me or no one can ever comment on anything anymore in this world lol.. if BFV doesn't allow dedicated servers... WHY ARE WE ON A FREAKING $1200+ computer... It's not a mobile app, its very simple in terms... I mean if games like Medal of Honor Allied Assault +/- generations can implement this simple feature.. Surely this generation can figure it out... I would rather play in moderated servers personally than a steaming pile of DICE E.D. servers.
  • StarscreamUK
    7320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I created another EA account as my original was jailed for telling you guys about the BFV hacks, just making sure its known as it seems like EA wants to hide it. Youtube the hacks.

You forgot to mention the download links to download the hacks that were also with the videos.
    This moderator actioned your main, and I've now banned your alt, and increased the duration on your main.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Every server I had deployed had aimbotters, Wall glitchers, teleporters, multihacks, etc. Complaints from players were numerous. Some were suspected, some were detected by punk buster and Fairfight, some were detected by anti-cheat streaming services like GGC..

Just wanted to clarify that GGC/BF4DB/247FP etc are not anti-cheat software extensions. They are 3rd party ban lists. Server Admins ban a player and the players identity is added to those lists. Other servers using those lists will now auto ban that player. They are not "Banned from the game". Only from servers using those services.

Thank you!