The 'Death from Above' achievement/trophy is absurd

Alpha837
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So I realize in the grand scheme of things this means little to many players, but the "Death from Above" achievement/trophy is absurd because of how purely based on getting lucky five times it is. Very few players use the stationary turrets, which immediately makes this achievement hard, and landing a killing blow isn't easy. I've spent about 26 hours playing the game and haven't even come close to destroying a manned stationary turret.

This would have been better as simply a 'get 5 bombing kills' type thing. For completionists, it's just aggravating.

Comments

• Wahad987
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    46+ hours played and I killed like 4 of them on stationary guns, but I couldn't destroy stationries from one bombing run, so it did not count...

I don't think this is viable to do with stationary guns has this amount of health. It just simply wont work.

Not just you need someone to be at the stationary guns, that stationary also needs to be ”low on health” so you can destroy it with one bombing run.
  • Alpha837
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wahad987 wrote: »
    46+ hours played and I killed like 4 of them on stationary guns, but I couldn't destroy stationries from one bombing run, so it did not count...

I don't think this is viable to do with stationary guns has this amount of health. It just simply wont work.

Not just you need someone to be at the stationary guns, that stationary also needs to be ”low on health” so you can destroy it with one bombing run.
    Yup, that too. I think I've damaged a stationary gun once or twice, but never destroyed one or used a plane to kill someone manning one.
  • xOEx_Jabba81
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Here is how it works.
    Play with a friend and join a Server with about 16 Players in. The lesser the better but there have to be at least 16 to start the conquest match. One Player takes assault class and then go to a stationary flak. Put your two Dynamites on that turret and hop in. Now fire the turret straight up in the sky so the other Player can see where you are from the planes view. Simply land the bombs on first player now. The explosions will net togehter with the Dynamite and will destroy the turret and kill second Player. Fly back to your base and refill your bombs. The turret will respawn almost imediately so you can place explosives and hop in again. Rinse and repeat 5 times.
  • Alpha837
    Here is how it works.
    Play with a friend and join a Server with about 16 Players in. The lesser the better but there have to be at least 16 to start the conquest match. One Player takes assault class and then go to a stationary flak. Put your two Dynamites on that turret and hop in. Now fire the turret straight up in the sky so the other Player can see where you are from the planes view. Simply land the bombs on first player now. The explosions will net togehter with the Dynamite and will destroy the turret and kill second Player. Fly back to your base and refill your bombs. The turret will respawn almost imediately so you can place explosives and hop in again. Rinse and repeat 5 times.
    I mean, I get that. But you shouldn't have to boost for a multiplayer achievement. That just makes the multiplayer worse for everyone else.
  • Hawxxeye
    5184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That achievement seems to have came to me naturally it seems due to my hatred of enemies who use the AA too much.
    I think that one of the times I literally crashed a fighter on one of these guys and got the roadkill/explosion kill
  • ProAssassin2003
    3234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Use the Bomber with the 4 Heavy bombs.

However I got this entirely on Luck. A server I was in lost most of the players. Some amazing guy decided to get in a AA over and over and I was in the bomber.

I killed him 3 times and the other 2 I got on Fjell.

Hint. Don't worry about trophy it will frustrate you. Just play and when your in the spawn screen you can see the explosions from the AA gun. If you see it spawn in Bomber and try to kill him.

It's a dumb trophy and is pure luck.

• xOEx_Jabba81
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

However I got this entirely on Luck. A server I was in lost most of the players. Some amazing guy decided to get in a AA over and over and I was in the bomber.

Hint. Don't worry about trophy it will frustrate you. Just play and when your in the spawn screen you can see the explosions from the AA gun. If you see it spawn in Bomber and try to kill him.

Yep it´s pure luck and a bit of aiming on the stationaries. I got it last night legit without boosting btw. Proud of it :-D
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got this one a couple days ago. I don't think it's an absurd trophy requirement whatsoever. Yes somethings can't be done in one game or even one day (which is a good thing) but they're definitely achievable. Harass enough people with bombs and you'll anger someone enough to get into an AA. When they shoot at you, make a run over the position they're firing from.

If you want tips and tricks then I guess one of them is to enlarge the minimap when you're getting shot at and look to see where the AA that's shooting you is to further help you line up your run. Also maps and games will afford you more or less free reign in the skies for a sector or two with no enemy aircraft spawns (first sector or two in Narvik during breakthrough has no axis aircraft spawns and last sector or two in Twisted Steel has no allies aircraft spawn. Note that there might be some flying around, but only if they survived through previous sectors and this is all from my GO experience, don't know about the actual breakthrough playlist but it's probably the same). Again, I got this done in approx 2-3 days and think this is far from absurd
  • xOEx_Jabba81
    edited November 2018
    The importat thing is, it has to say "stationary weapon destroyed" on your killog otherwise it won´t count towards the Achievement/trophie. It is really doable like @On-Swift-Wings sayed. And mention it is only 5! They could have put much more effort in this and other achievements for us. 5 is not that much. Keep playing and learn where the stationarys are on each map which are supporting planes. Easy.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is a Gold trophy to so it's not supposed to be easy.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Lul plenty of people Use AAs on fjell... its not hard to get on that map. You legitimately just have to memorise the AA placements on fjell and you'll get it. So easy to get with the bombers.

I've actually got the achievement for it so xD
  • phasendreher1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It was quiet easy when u have your JU 88 full upgraded and the 1000kg Bombs. On Arras there are 2 AA at the Spawn of the Allies. U only have to fly straight and a little bitte right on the right side of the street. There are always enemies who enter the AA and start firing on you at the beginning of the battle. Got it yesterday after getting the 1000kg Bombs in less than 3 hours.
    But to upgrade the bomber it takes also 2-3 days, but you learn to fly in this time and how to throw bombs. Best way for upgrading is to bomb on the Flags which will captured by the enemies, always 2-6 kills with the 32 x50kg.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm quite happy to sit on AA for a whole match, but I will shoot you down ;)
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Same situation for me on Hamada. I felt tiny bit bad killing the guy 4 times (got my first on a different day) when he was trying to shoot my JU88 down but I got the achievement so...
  • electric_SHEEPy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just fyi on this trophy... I got it last night SUPER EASY playing Breakthrough Hamada map. I was on British team with bomber equipped with 2x 500lbs bombs and 8x 40lbs bombs. I did probably 6-7 bombing runs and just hit on the capture points and was totally surprised at how fast it destroyed manned stations since everyone crowds them. Also ended up landing top score and I am a decidedly mediocre player. Got platinum off it too.
  • Hunter19837
    i need semone to do this trophy, send a friend requestGT; Hunter2823
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s easy to take out aa guns. I do it all the time. In a fighter with rockets. Or bombs. Rockets are easier. I kill a few every round on jfell
  • TropicPoison
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Really people are struggling with this? Got them all in one match of Arras, I guess I made some enemies salty to want to shoot me down that couldn't get a plane.
  • 6r67uvv1n25z
    101 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t find this. What do you mean trophy?
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t find this. What do you mean trophy?

They're tasks which you can complete in games - on PS4 they're called Trophies, on Xbox it's Achievements and I think it's Accomplishments on PC (might be wrong or that might just be with Windows games).

These are all the ones for this game: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Battlefield-V/achievements