Any Battlefield title is better than BFV.

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played 700 hours of BF1. Liked it a lot for its own merits.

I am really enjoying BFV it's fast becoming my favourite of the series. I have also played and enjoyed the other games in the series for their own merits.

Suppose the message is comparisons, while natural to make, are ultimately pointless. People will draw their positives and negatives in different ways.
  • VLADlMIR_PUTlN
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The gun-play from Battlefield V is really really good.

Probably the best in the Battlefield series.

Being able to master your gun is very satisfying.

• DreamEater23
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sad but true, this game is poor... Video removed due to swearing. - EA_Cian

Sounds like you have a crappy team and are bad. I'll give you ONE tip. You can shoot your own grenades. There now go git gud.

This Battlefield is amazingly good besides bugs. Also, besides the fact that it is so short on content right now.
  • Arashenstein
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The gun-play from Battlefield V is really really good.

Probably the best in the Battlefield series.

Being able to master your gun is very satisfying.

It is the worst one unless you come from COD franchies. THere is no recoil in BF V guns and to make it sure you can even enhance them to -0 the recoil. It is without doubt the worst BF to the date. I loved BF games because trigger dicipline and tapping was important in these games. Even though I hated BF 1 but I loved shooting mechanics there specially that SMGs were unable to to do anything on full auto in mid and long range but in BF V just full fire from any range with a Sten an you kill with 10 bullets. Typical COD!
  • The-Monz
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shadders_X wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just responded to a non-offensive post which seems to have been pulled - here is the text :

You would have thought that keep on releasing games unfinished, and that existing games are now working, that they would reuse code from previous game to ensure that the new game works.

I would be happy with a re-skinned BF4 with slight changes, cheats solved, and new maps - worth £40. Guaranteed working game at launch. They could spend the extra time saved by adding new maps from older games too.

Quick development, lots more profit for EA, and people will be happy - the game works.

If i had the option of BFV in its current form, and BF2:MC with the new engine based on BF4, then it would be BF2:MC in its revised form - maybe take out destruction of buildings as you do need cover to take flags.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.

COD has been re-skinning their games for 10 years or more.
    Battlefield games always seem to be trying new ideas and pushing the frostbite engine.
    I agree it's a shame when they get a game working really well(usually a year in) then it won't be long and the new battlefield will go through the same cycle.
    Maybe they could have re-skinned bf1 and had an extra 2 years to perfect all of the new changes in the next title.
    I think they'd get slated for this though as people would say I'm not buying this re-skinned EA rip off.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When BF6 launches people will say BFV was better.

Wake up people.

BF Vietnam: worst Battlefield ever just a reskin of 1942.
    BF2: Worst Battlefield ever, Vietnam was better.
    BF2142: Worst BF ever, just a reskin and BF2 was better.
    BF3: Worst BF ever, it is COD: Battlefield Edition.
    BF4: worst game ever, just a buggy reskin of BF3.
    BF1: worst game ever, BF4 was better.
    BF5: Just a reskin of BF1(best game ever btw) but also the worst game at the same time (how can a reskin be worse then the previous title if it is just a reskin?)

Every time a game releases you get the same stupid hate posts on the forum about why this game is the worst and the end of Battlefield bla bla bla bla.

Although for me personally and every one of my friends, BF1 was definitely the worst Battlefield title to date. We didn't enjoy it as much as any other game (Hardline doesn't even count, it just doesn't exist for us) of the franchise and only played it for it "not modern" atmosphere.
    BF V on the other hand is in a really good spot to become our new favourite of all time and I will have more playtime in BF V by the end of the year, then I have in BF1 in total.

I agree. I see myself doing another 1000 hour playtime with BFV. And I haven't did that since BF4.

I love it except the bugs.
  • DreamEater23
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haters gon hate. Too many HATERS to even quote here.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Wake up people.
    I thought that's how it was. Every new BF I've been happy enough with the improvements each time to leave the previous behind (it took a while BF3 -> BF4 but got there), but there was always a minority screaming the old one was better.

This time, though, I prefer BF1, sorry. BF1 was simply more fun and less frustrating. There were bugs but they weren't as fundamental. There were a couple of odd design choices, but BF5 feels like a ton of weird design choices slapped together.

BF5 is the first BF I've been disappointed with. Even Hardline I appreciated was pretty slick and worked well (it was just the weird Cops 'n' Robbers + Rocket Launchers that I couldn't get with).

Yes, except I never played Hardline. Really, really trying to enjoy bfv , but after a extended playtime yesterday I'm just not feeling it. The ttd is frustrating but I think they will fix this. Until yesterday I didn't have an issue with seeing the enemy but man o man, it was a campers paradise for sure. There was just no way not to notice. I can slow down and move with a squad but I'm not going to turn into a camper even to better my score, it's too boring to play that way. Overall so far the worst things for me in bfv are the ttd and I'm not getting any wow factor you know? Moments where you smile and think to yourself " Only in Battlefield " I'm not getting those moments.
  • SnoopTrooper187
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sad but true, this game is poor... Video removed due to swearing. - EA_Cian

Pure Trash
    4 man squads, if u got a pilot and gunner playin ur screwed, only thing u get is maybe a spawn
    Happen to me few times and was all alone in a squad sticking with the rest cause they were flying
    Go back to 5 squad members. So what there is 2 slots that wont be in squad. Leave that for snipers, lone wolfs and maybe for people that disconnect so they can get back in game.

This game is suppose to be a team oriented game but most of time the top scorers always have a high K/d ratio.
    Unlike BF1 u help the squad and capture and defend u get in top 10. Didnt matter if u were 6/10 kd
    u still scored high because u were a team player.
    No where to find scoring details for soldiers other than like reviving it tells u how many pts u get.

Good graphics, guns are alright but to find a squad that actually calls orders and does teamwork is far and between. Hardly happens
    My K/D in this game is about the same as BF1 so really isnt about skill
    I dont know, Ive bought all but one battlefield game and wish i wouldnt have bought this now.

I know Dice isnt going to do anything to really change what they have come out with.
    To Stress to the audience how this is going to be like ww2 and it doesnt feel like it, No mortars which were in ww2, there were not black soldiers in ww2 they helped to build stuff but not fight and that goes with Women they were medics but didnt fight on battlefield.
    So what the hell Dice what are you all trying to make. Diversity.
    If u wanted diversity Do a WW3 and then add your blacks, women, transgender or whatever else u guys think of.

Medics, Why do you have to revive kneeling when u should have been able to lay down and put the syringe in. Im dying like a madman just from reviving

This is my last Gripe wont say another word in game or on forum.
    Overall its Pretty Darn Boring.
    Thanks for taking the excitement away that i got from BF1 Bad company and 2142
    And keep catering to your Console players who are your biggest buyers.
    You forgot who was buying and supporting your games before the console.

One last Thing
    Bring the darn Commander Mode Back
    A good Commander can coordinate attacks and defense without having every darn squad on one point
    Thought u guys made this to be a Team oriented game

thanks
  • FocalCapybara34
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I will admit I wasnt sure about it after the first day as I sucked and was dying a lot.
    But second day in, getting used to it and really enjoying the learning curve that goes with it
    I still suck but definitely enjoying it.
  • SnoopTrooper187
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ISyndromeI wrote: »
    Poor? The word you’re looking for is probably “difficult”.

could you explain what is difficult about the game?

Game is not difficult and im killing and dying no different then other battlefields.
    Im not the best shooter but i revive, med crates, ammo crates capture pts, defend but the scoring I dont understand
  • Hestaldo
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi everyone. Little OT but i hope you excuse me. Can i question for you? Where can i change the symbol on my guns? Because when i play like british soldier i still have germany cross on my gun!!! I looked for some settings in menu but there is nothing about this. Please help me :) Is it quite annoying for me. Thanks
  • SnoopTrooper187

Wake up people.
    I thought that's how it was. Every new BF I've been happy enough with the improvements each time to leave the previous behind (it took a while BF3 -> BF4 but got there), but there was always a minority screaming the old one was better.

This time, though, I prefer BF1, sorry. BF1 was simply more fun and less frustrating. There were bugs but they weren't as fundamental. There were a couple of odd design choices, but BF5 feels like a ton of weird design choices slapped together.

BF5 is the first BF I've been disappointed with. Even Hardline I appreciated was pretty slick and worked well (it was just the weird Cops 'n' Robbers + Rocket Launchers that I couldn't get with).

Yes, except I never played Hardline. Really, really trying to enjoy bfv , but after a extended playtime yesterday I'm just not feeling it. The ttd is frustrating but I think they will fix this. Until yesterday I didn't have an issue with seeing the enemy but man o man, it was a campers paradise for sure. There was just no way not to notice. I can slow down and move with a squad but I'm not going to turn into a camper even to better my score, it's too boring to play that way. Overall so far the worst things for me in bfv are the ttd and I'm not getting any wow factor you know? Moments where you smile and think to yourself " Only in Battlefield " I'm not getting those moments.

Im a run and gunner and love the front line, I will be the first to charge objective thats main reason K/d not good, Im usually the first to get shot, i dont care its a game, ur right most games both sides get to a spot and just shoot from distance. Im like when are u guys going to advance. I got to learn to camp if im going to play this game (boring) ill get lots of kills. No Wow Factor either as mentioned above
  • Delta_02_Cat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Wake up people.

BF5 is the first BF I've been disappointed with. Even Hardline I appreciated was pretty slick (it was just the weird Cops 'n' Robbers + Rocket Launchers scenario that I couldn't get with).

It's simple. People that are liking BF5 are infantry-centric competitive types. People that like BF1 like whole-war immersion and fun types.

That is a good example of different opinions, because I am not really a competitive type of player.
    And for me, BF1 was much more frustrating and less fun then BF V but what both games offer is "whole war immersion" as you called it.

So I feel the exact opposite of how you feel and that is perfectly fine!
    BF1 will have a strong community for years if not decades, so you can enjoy it for years to come. Even now there are always full servers in BF3 and 4 to play and my squad and I we occasionally go back for so modern day bf craziness (Jumping off a roof, killing a chopper while doing so and landing on a tank while 360 no scoping someone).
    But while I enjoy these crazy things in BF3/4 I am certainly happy that BF V is different and it feels like a fresh approach to the franchise.
  • disposalist
    8842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018

Wake up people.

BF5 is the first BF I've been disappointed with. Even Hardline I appreciated was pretty slick (it was just the weird Cops 'n' Robbers + Rocket Launchers scenario that I couldn't get with).

It's simple. People that are liking BF5 are infantry-centric competitive types. People that like BF1 like whole-war immersion and fun types.
    That is a good example of different opinions, because I am not really a competitive type of player.
    And for me, BF1 was much more frustrating and less fun then BF V
    I'm interested to hear what frustrated you in BF1 that doesn't in BF5.
    but what both games offer is "whole war immersion" as you called it.
    BF5 *should* offer that, but since planes and tanks and other vehicles are so horrible to use and medic and recon are so underpowered versus assault and support, then, no, it's not 'whole war' to me, it's assault CQC domination plus support camping and it's pretty much infantry only.
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    If you suck at a game (wich this guy OBVIOUSLY does) doean't mean the game is bad.
    Y'all got used too much with BF1. This one is very different. Adapt. Change. Use your brain. I got 800 hours in BF1 and i love BFV so far.

Agreed. I struggled with BFV for the first few hours because I had to slow down from BF1 style gunplay and traversing open areas. Now I’m starting to be smarter with my movement choices
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Worse than Battlefield 2 Modern Combat on ps2? WHAT
  • SnoopTrooper187

Wake up people.

BF Vietnam: worst Battlefield ever just a reskin of 1942.
    BF2: Worst Battlefield ever, Vietnam was better.
    BF2142: Worst BF ever, just a reskin and BF2 was better.
    BF3: Worst BF ever, it is COD: Battlefield Edition.
    BF4: worst game ever, just a buggy reskin of BF3.
    BF1: worst game ever, BF4 was better.
    BF5: Just a reskin of BF1(best game ever btw) but also the worst game at the same time (how can a reskin be worse then the previous title if it is just a reskin?)

Every time a game releases you get the same stupid hate posts on the forum about why this game is the worst and the end of Battlefield bla bla bla bla.

Although for me personally and every one of my friends, BF1 was definitely the worst Battlefield title to date. We didn't enjoy it as much as any other game (Hardline doesn't even count, it just doesn't exist for us) of the franchise and only played it for it "not modern" atmosphere.
    BF V on the other hand is in a really good spot to become our new favourite of all time and I will have more playtime in BF V by the end of the year, then I have in BF1 in total.

I agree. I see myself doing another 1000 hour playtime with BFV. And I haven't did that since BF4.

I love it except the bugs.

U guys love it cause u can sit back and get kills. Just to much like a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to get on the frontline and actually take a flag. Just play Sniper cause thats what its like in BFV
  • 322_OMEGA_322
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    If you suck at a game (wich this guy OBVIOUSLY does) doean't mean the game is bad.
    Y'all got used too much with BF1. This one is very different. Adapt. Change. Use your brain. I got 800 hours in BF1 and i love BFV so far.

if you are good at a game it doesn't mean the game is good.
    that is quiet a stupid argument, isn't it?