Why are planes so hard in BF1

Dolph_Sama
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Star Wars: Battlefront 2, easy piloting, you can play without any restrictions.

Battlefield 1 ? Piloting in this game is even worse than in GTA V, you can't do **** in plane in this game, like how did you code this

Comments

• pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    LaMachoo wrote: »

Battlefield 1 ? Piloting in this game is even worse than in GTA V, you can't do **** in plane in this game, like how did you code this

Thats not true mate..planes are easily to fly..some would say they are OP.
    Maybe you need to adjust your settings..
  • EdwinSpangler
    1844 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

..some would say they are OP.

Oh yea^^ Theyre very unfair or I wouldnt be so good in them..

• hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Super easy to fly, the only think I can say is when you are flying very close to trees, it seems random whether you are gonna crash, break a wing or just took some damage. Sometimes you barely hit a leaf and boom, plane completely destroyed other times you basically hit the tree and only a broken wing or some damage. Or the stupid random bounce when you drop the 2 bombs (close to the ground or building) on the tank hunter attack plane. Maybe bad implemented hit and/or bounding boxes?.
  • disposalist
    9009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yeah, no.

BF1 flying is the easiest and most fun BF yet. I fly mouse_keyboard and all you have to do is bind nose up to jump/space, I find, and you can fly with the best of them.
  • Dolph_Sama
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Star Wars BF2 has for sure easier flying.

I just adjusted my settings to "easier" controls and it's even worse. With the space to lift up the plane, all I am doing is spinning like a Whirlwind.

I agree though, all the vehicles are ruining BF1 experience (except behemoth).
  • crimsonbomber
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I just adjusted my settings to "easier" controls and it's even worse. With the space to lift up the plane, all I am doing is spinning like a Whirlwind.

All of the vehicles are “ruining” the battlefield experience, except for the behemoths?? Sure you’re joking.. Vehicles are a large part of the “battlefield experience.”.. Without them you don’t have battlefield.. The behemoths are a gimmick, and one that most dislike.. People want better team balance and a scoring system that would make comebacks a more realistic possibility.. Not 90% of the games being incredibly lopsided just so that a train or blimp, or whatever it may be on that map, coming in to ruin the flow of the game..
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

"vehicles are ruining BF1 experience (except behemoth)", don't agree with that at all, just no. If you want a pure infantry game, you might wanna try a different game/franchise.
    I play games on both, PC and console (PS4), I can tell you this, in some type of games the mouse + keyboard is not always comfortable as a controller. Talking about PC, I'm using windows 10 and in some games like a driving/racing game I prefer to use a controller, so I just connect a X360 controller even with the game running, no problems, both the game and windows detects the controller instantly, and I can still use the keyboard and mouse at the same time as the controller, so if I want to use the controller I just grab it, or leave it and use the M&K. I tried it with steam and origin, no problems with the X360 controller, tried PS3 and PS4 controller, not good, had some lag on the input and in some cases not even work at all with some games, but with the X360 controllers no problems, and it's at least 8 or 9 years old.
  • Danz_RS
    503 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Oof the casuals in this place...

Maybe OP should try out some mobile games, BF1 might be too hardcore for him.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Star wars has different controls just focus on one or the other so your muscle memory doesn't mess you up. Its pretty funny going to either game after you've played the other one for a long time.
  • ElliotLH
    9847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but I have to disagree that planes are hard to control in BF1 as it's just not the case and planes are firmly in the top ten list of things that people moan about frequently.

It just sounds like you need a bit of practice in an empty server and control tweaking, OP.
  • FuocoSerpente
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I agree in a way...
    Bf1 planes are actually really easy to fly, but when looking at game balancing, your pretty much a sitting duck with hardly any way of competing with ground troops when flying a plane. Your bombs seem to do nothing, while any ground troop can shoot you out of the sky. The only action you really get is when you go up to fight another plane.
    ... Or you could just shoot them out of the sky with a ground troop.
  • ElliotLH
    9847 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

I agree in a way...
    Bf1 planes are actually really easy to fly, but when looking at game balancing, your pretty much a sitting duck with hardly any way of competing with ground troops when flying a plane. Your bombs seem to do nothing, while any ground troop can shoot you out of the sky. The only action you really get is when you go up to fight another plane.
    ... Or you could just shoot them out of the sky with a ground troop.

Eh? Ground attack plane eats enemies with the gun and bombs. Many view the heavy bomber as being op as well since it can clear flags of enemies with one run.