Just the sheer stupidity of the assignments....

SneakingPillow
59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Some of the assignments are alright, get 20 kills in a round, kill 20 enemies with hip fire and for both also 10 kills in 1 life, like yeah alright but some of them are just there to **** you off to no end and make it so hard, niche and annoying that you can only wish to murder whoever made them or cry rocking back and forth saying 'Please, just let me get this one thing done' with no chance of redemption. I'm talking about the 'kill 10 enemies within one life' or the in 1 life, kill 10 enemies in objective areas with hip fire'. and the other option? IN 1 BLOODY ROUND! this is DICE just saying "HAHA F$%* YOU!" while the rest of the assignment is like picky daisies on arras...

DICE PLZ

Comments

• PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, they are silly for sure.

I'm happy that I don't care about gold weapon parts, they can stay where they are :smile:
  • KittyValkyrie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They definitely need to tone down some of these assignments. I really don't care about gold parts, but some of these mint ones are just unnecessarily difficult/tedious.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has Dice ever made assignments that weren't stupid?
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Masqerader wrote: »
    Has Dice ever made assignments that weren't stupid?

I'm having flashbacks of 5 or more support players sitting back at spawn trying to shoot down planes.... The horror of it all knowing I was one of these players for a handful of matches...
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The recon assignments for the weapons and the rank 20 recon assignment is dang near impossible
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that some are really annoying, or difficult to do, but what, you just want them to all basically just be "Kill Enemies" with no sort of difference to them? That's boring.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I agree that some are really annoying, or difficult to do, but what, you just want them to all basically just be "Kill Enemies" with no sort of difference to them? That's boring.

very true, at least tone some of them a tad bit low, not tooo low tho lol.
    We need a challenge not a unbeatable assignment, which for some it will be rough. For me i suck with the recon class, i just got bto rank 20, and i been running the rsc, model 8 and to get 20 kills in one round is pretty hard to do. The do 50'000 damage is not that hard
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IMO, only the Mastery VI weapon assignments are questionable. They are intended to be difficult. But, I think some of them take the difficulty too far. The rest a good. There are a few with some oddball critera (like prone or hipfire). But, those mostly align with the general class playstyle and do not take very long to complete. Most allow you to still PTFO and work the assignment.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

very true, at least tone some of them a tad bit low, not tooo low tho lol.
    We need a challenge not a unbeatable assignment, which for some it will be rough. For me i suck with the recon class, i just got bto rank 20, and i been running the rsc, model 8 and to get 20 kills in one round is pretty hard to do. The do 50'000 damage is not that hard

I agree, some need to be toned down, kr tweaked, but not outright removed.

I think if there was generally 3 ways to get it, something like combining all 3 "get x amount of kills" would make them much more manageable
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Most problematic are those objective area oriented cause it must be once attacking, second time defending etc. It should be always just objective area no matter if its ours or enemy. And no prone, crouch missions, those are completely stupid ideas....
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most problematic are those objective area oriented cause it must be once attacking, second time defending etc. It should be always just objective area no matter if its ours or enemy. And no prone, crouch missions, those are completely stupid ideas....

I agree. These are very frustrating. Especially when the task is already somewhat difficult. It forces you to deviate from what might make the most sense for the team. Sometimes "attacking" is not what you should be doing. But, because the other two constraints are so challenging and require some luck. You are forced to deviate from best course, in order to maximize your chance. For example ones where you have to kill 10 or more in a life, while attacking.
    -
    It doesn't help that often the kill (even while in the attack area) doesn't seem to register toward the assignment. I think the attack area isn't always accurately represented. The "white" cap area on the mini-map is already too small of an objective area. So, compounding the luck of finding 10 enemies in that area before it flips to defense, and killing them all in one life is bordering on insanity. the only way to hope to complete these is to just keep doing attack attack attack, and not defend. Even then you still have to get lucky.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Attacking is when the flag is red - capturing or captured by enemy. Defending while its blue - capturing or captured by your team. But this changes so fast that you may be killing while attacking, but suddenly no longer attacking when you start capturing the area for yourself it starts count as defending....very silly in frontlines or dom to do these...so yes these should be all changed to JUST objective area and nothing else. Dont know who in DICE is responsible to this, but maybe tweet them, they reply very often.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No. If you aren't good enough to get it done then that's too bad. No point in the mastery assignment's if anyone could do it. DICE already is giving you a break by having every proficiency or mastery assignment except the last one not restricted to a round.

Any assignment relating to killing in the objective area can most easily be fulfilled in Aerodome on C. It has the largest objective area in the game currently.

Also, getting 20 kills in a round isn't hard to do, like come on...
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    At first they seem tedious, but most of them can be worked on over time without even focusing on them. Many of the difficult ones will say something to the effect of 'Complete any one of these' and you're given 3 options.

What's the point in making them so easy that you're basically handed the skins?
  • TXWolf25
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some of the assignments are alright, get 20 kills in a round, kill 20 enemies with hip fire and for both also 10 kills in 1 life, like yeah alright but some of them are just there to **** you off to no end and make it so hard, niche and annoying that you can only wish to murder whoever made them or cry rocking back and forth saying 'Please, just let me get this one thing done' with no chance of redemption. I'm talking about the 'kill 10 enemies within one life' or the in 1 life, kill 10 enemies in objective areas with hip fire'. and the other option? IN 1 BLOODY ROUND! this is DICE just saying "HAHA F$%* YOU!" while the rest of the assignment is like picky daisies on arras...

DICE PLZ

The aspect of killing ten soldiers is extremely hard, but it is very possible. I had one of those instances happen in BATTLEFIELD 1 using dynamite and landmines, but it was by mere chance and luck. I've always noticed this sort of pattern in gameplay intentionally attempting to make these kind of kills is much more difficult to do when compared to chance or luck.

As for the instance I mentioned, in case anyone was wondering, was during one of those special ops that are kinda small. apparently a player took the time to lay some dynamite in the bridge crossing over the river. I didn't know of this since he was in a different squad, however when he was sniped off, the dynamite didn't dissapear, must've been some sorta glitch I think. Anyway, as a tank started to cross the bridge, a number of soldiers were at the rear, using the tank as protection, a tactic commonly used by the Allies in The Battle of Normandy during WW2 to aid soldiers crossing an open area guarded by MG42 gunfire, and I still think it's done today I believe. As far as my instance goes, I threw a grenade in a blind hope the tanks tracks would get damaged and get crippled. I didn't know of the soldiers behind the tank, nor of the Dynamite along the bridge. When the grenade exploded, it set off a chain reaction where the tank and the soldiers taking cover behind it all were killed as the dynamite blasted like a line of firecrackers tried to a single string. I got at least thirteen kills because of that; due to the game's coding the kills were all listed as a grenade kill.

I had other instances where I got multiple kills, but as lucky as that number or as fancy as a bridge lined with dynamite getting set off by a single grenade.
  • TXWolf25
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. If you aren't good enough to get it done then that's too bad. No point in the mastery assignment's if anyone could do it. DICE already is giving you a break by having every proficiency or mastery assignment except the last one not restricted to a round.

Any assignment relating to killing in the objective area can most easily be fulfilled in Aerodome on C. It has the largest objective area in the game currently.

Also, getting 20 kills in a round isn't hard to do, like come on...

Not all players are MLG's, bud. You may be able to do that, but not everybody. I may be good, but not as good as those guys. As for me, i play for fun, not to kick @55 so bad and rub it in a player's face for being a so called "noob".
  • ProAssassin2003
    3524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will do what I always do. IGNORE THEM.
  • Hawxxeye
    6313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'm happy that I don't care about gold weapon parts, they can stay where they are :smile:

The gold plated iron sights can actually bring an advantage to the user cause the color does not blend with the color of the enemies and the backround
  • MONEYPYR0
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

The gold plated iron sights can actually bring an advantage to the user cause the color does not blend with the color of the enemies and the backround

The one for the MP40 also looks really good, because it doesn't have the ring around the front post
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was disappointed that class mastery assignments had little to do with how well you play your class (your role). Just things like "get 10 kills while hip firing on objective radius."