So what's the problem?

Aircool_212
764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
What's the actual problem with this game? We know there's a ton of bugs, random crashes and the occasional stutter 'n' pause, but there's something really wrong at the core.

We've all had those one shot and die moments where someone with any sort of weapon will just shoot you once and you die. Of course, many of us are familiar with the the various types of lag and other ways that things seem messed up. However, it's really bad in this game.

My PC is capable of 120+fps, so no problems there (or is there?) and my ping is usually 15-20ms, so no problem there either (or is there?).

We also know that some of the guns are hilariously OP (seriously, if they're not bugged then someone important must have taken the day off when balancing some of the weapons) and that weapon upgrades basically take away any of the downsides of each weapon, resulting in ridiculous ADAD spam or risible TTK/TTD times. It's so inconsistent as well.. I can be pinging off headshot after headshot, or spraying an assault rifle and hitting anything on the screen, whilst at other times, I can't hit anything, even static targets whilst I'm not moving... sometimes there doesn't even seem to be any bullets coming from the weapon.

As far as I'm aware, the server tick rate is as advertised, but only in a small area around your soldier, whilst the actual update rate is much slower at anything other than close quarters.

But what is causing the actual problem? Something is broken somewhere, but does anyone know what it is?

Comments

• pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What's the actual problem with this game? We know there's a ton of bugs, random crashes and the occasional stutter 'n' pause, but there's something really wrong at the core.

We've all had those one shot and die moments where someone with any sort of weapon will just shoot you once and you die. Of course, many of us are familiar with the the various types of lag and other ways that things seem messed up. However, it's really bad in this game.

My PC is capable of 120+fps, so no problems there (or is there?) and my ping is usually 15-20ms, so no problem there either (or is there?).

We also know that some of the guns are hilariously OP (seriously, if they're not bugged then someone important must have taken the day off when balancing some of the weapons) and that weapon upgrades basically take away any of the downsides of each weapon, resulting in ridiculous ADAD spam or risible TTK/TTD times. It's so inconsistent as well.. I can be pinging off headshot after headshot, or spraying an assault rifle and hitting anything on the screen, whilst at other times, I can't hit anything, even static targets whilst I'm not moving... sometimes there doesn't even seem to be any bullets coming from the weapon.

As far as I'm aware, the server tick rate is as advertised, but only in a small area around your soldier, whilst the actual update rate is much slower at anything other than close quarters.

But what is causing the actual problem? Something is broken somewhere, but does anyone know what it is?

For my opinion dice didnt care for this release..they where rushing this game a way to fast. In the hope they could somehow counter the hate train which bfv had from the start.
    Now we will get a game which will be patched and patched ten times until the next 2 years until its get playable like bf1.
  • CrashCA
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    An Early Access AAA title.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I totally agree with you. I keep getting stuck on rocks the size of a brick and wish there was a way to turn of the AA. There's a ton of problems with the main one being the netcode (presumably).

I wasn't aware of the bullet tracer issue, but it does explain a lot of the strangeness and inconsistency I keep getting. I always feel like the game is messing with me, rather than just obeying my controls.
  • TheDuckSRB
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope on 4 december this game will awesome with fixes and tides of war.
  • AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheDuckSRB wrote: »

they will probably fix most issues. BF4 started like this.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even after they fixed the "obvious" one, I think this game suffers seriously from "adad" sickness, I mean the strafe speeds are insane with instant course changes. And there is even a 60% faster ads "adad" increaser.
  • Spectre_MT
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can get use to the game changes, but the 'lag spikes' and terrible hit registration are making it hard to get into this title.

Coming from Dice this was a very poor launch. The launch version has more issues than the beta did. Beta testing is suppose to make the game better, not worse.
  • Hawxxeye
    7573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even after they fixed the "obvious" one, I think this game suffers seriously from "adad" sickness, I mean the strafe speeds are insane with instant course changes. And there is even a 60% faster ads "adad" increaser.
    I really hate when players move that way. It feels like exploiting to me.
    There should be some sort of momentum or fatigue
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AddyRazz wrote: »
    TheDuckSRB wrote: »

they will probably fix most issues. BF4 started like this.

The difference is though, BF4's biggest problem was the servers were always crashing, at least as far as i remember? Which dose not happen all that much in BFV. I dont remember BF4 ever feeling as buggy, i more remember the game being broken for about a year with servers crashing often.
  • fbang
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I've been playing Battlefield since Battlefield 2. And it's always been like this. People complains that the game is bad and the previous one was better. Then Dice patch it. People get better, get used to the new game and finally like it. Then the next game comes out, and the previous game was really the best game ever and people start whining again. It's simple: I think people like what they are used to. I think BF5 is very good, even with it's initially launch. Just took me 3 days of rage quitting before understanding the flow of the game. I'm sure it will be pretty much perfect in 2-3 patches when everything is balanced. As for bugs, I'm not experiencing any game breaking ones on the PS4. The animation is sometimes a bit weird and I hate getting stuck on terrain deformation.
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OP; same here... One match I'll be doing great, the next is a total disaster, something's off.

My 2 cents; I see many bugs/issues whom make a return out of previous installments, which where fixed/patched eventually. Or stuff that worked like a charm, but scrapped for whatever reason. I just don't understand that. :s:| Dev's, stop reinventing the wheel; make use of what you learned. Adapt, improvise, overcome.
  • TehPik
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spectre_MT wrote: »
    I can get use to the game changes, but the 'lag spikes' and terrible hit registration are making it hard to get into this title.

Coming from Dice this was a very poor launch. The launch version has more issues than the beta did. Beta testing is suppose to make the game better, not worse.

tinfoil hat: I think they tune down the netcode for release because of cost reasons in the server infrastructure, after a few weeks/months with the peak gone you enable a few bandwidth using optimizations and raise the ping rate. Then you sell it as Optimization and Bugfixes and everybody celebrates. It was the same with BF4 and right now with Black Ops too...
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    OP; same here... One match I'll be doing great, the next is a total disaster, something's off.

My 2 cents; I see many bugs/issues whom make a return out of previous installments, which where fixed/patched eventually. Or stuff that worked like a charm, but scrapped for whatever reason. I just don't understand that. :s:| Dev's, stop reinventing the wheel; make use of what you learned. Adapt, improvise, overcome.

Yeah iam finding it very hard to be consistent at this game. It is amazing how bad some rounds i have are, even right after having a good one. I still think three of the best rounds I've had yet were my very first three rounds lol.. But yeah, its like ok, iam getting it, iam adapting, then 4/14 ^^;
    But yeah, some rounds i seem to hit enemies a lot and often do 90 or more damage and yet it feels like an enemy will just look at me and iam dead.
    fbang wrote: »
    I've been playing Battlefield since Battlefield 2. And it's always been like this. People complains that the game is bad and the previous one was better. Then Dice patch it. People get better, get used to the new game and finally like it. Then the next game comes out, and the previous game was really the best game ever and people start whining again. It's simple: I think people like what they are used to. I think BF5 is very good, even with it's initially launch. Just took me 3 days of rage quitting before understanding the flow of the game. I'm sure it will be pretty much perfect in 2-3 patches when everything is balanced. As for bugs, I'm not experiencing any game breaking ones on the PS4. The animation is sometimes a bit weird and I hate getting stuck on terrain deformation.

I think it cant be denied what you said is true, every battlefield people complain. There's always changes that people dont like. Chopper pilots of course haven't been happy for a while lol.
  • Aircool_212

This one really annoys me... in Beta, ADAD spam was nerfed so people played more tactically as you could only get a decent, accurate shot off if you stayed still. All of a sudden, support players are laying down *suppressing fire whilst you dash from cover to cover. Snipers have to stay in cover and quickly pop up or peek sideways to look for targets. Lots more people are flanking, and other people are trying to flank the flankers...

Now it's just back to normal. People camping in the open relying on ADAD spam to avoid being shot in the head or just finding a corner of the map to camp. The rest is just ADAD spam with spray 'n' pray.

Heavily nerfing ADAD spam (and getting rid of the movement speed upgrade unless it only works if you don't change direction quickly) would bring back the slower and tenser pace and get rid of the silly sight of soldiers break-dancing and body-popping whilst pulling off accurate shots.

*I'm talking proper suppressive fire here, the sort that takes your head off or tears you limb from limb if you run out into the open, or even show your face.