Weekly BF

Congragulations Dice, you ruined Medics in BF5

ZongotheViking
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
Hello to all and to all hear me,

I am not the first to rant about this but hope to be one of the more pointed members of the medical Battlefield community and wish to expressly express my most expressive findings of Battlefield Five's befuddlement of my most beloved medic class.

And to you dastardly plebeians who dare question my virility I shall point for point dismantle any arguments that make claim that the medic class is and I quote "just fine". I have been a Battlefield Doctor since the Grenade Spamming days of Battlefield 2 and have played EVERY BF title, (except Hardline O_o).

Without further ado let us begin.

Issue #1 - SubPAR Machine Guns:

Dice, in its infinite wisdom, decided the medic class needed to "be more frontline combative", forcing us to only be effective in the most minute CQB circumstances. Apparently either us medical professionals have a death wish and secretly want to be Rambo but not Rambo, or dice wants to forcibly make us bonsai charge into pointless oblivion. In past titles(with the exception of the bad company series given us light machine guns) us medics were given the more jack of all trade options for firearms, primarily assault rifles or semi automatic rifles, with an emphasis on never being incapable of contenting with the other classes, nor having a distinct advantage over them either in a lead swapping competition.
NOOOWWW, when I see a target at mid range, I must either fire my cap gun in sheer futility and surely lose, charge full bore suiciadl in hope I can get my target before I am invitingly shwacked to oblivion, flank ALONE which defeats THE WHOLE POINT of being a medic, or cower in a ditch and pray to Providence they don't see me.
All the other classes in BF5 have an immensely more diverse and powerful arsenal to choose from, being able to customize to almost any range or situation. The Support Class, the non CQB Medic death warrant, has shotguns, we medics can't even unload with buckshot at close range, we're stuck with pistol caliber lube tube **** sticks.

SOLUTION!!!! (That doesn't break the already broken meta) GIVE US CARBINES!: Both semi auto and bolt action. Limit the scopes to 2x max, weapons that can CONTEND but not OUTMATCH the other classes. No one is going to want unlock any new medic guns with upcoming DLC's if they are all **** SMG's that play the same as the rest of the arsenal.

Issue #2 - SQuad RevivE:

Though a great idea, to further keep squads closer together and work in unison, in practice invalidates my god given profession of stabbing teammates with needles back to full vitality(or shocking them depending on the previous BF titles). I can only tell you how many times I as a Medic have rushed to poke life back into a wounded soul only for his squady to slap him back to life enough for him to shoot and run again, having left me the professional high and dry, and scrambling for cover. Even my own squad mates have taken charge over me in situations, leaving us medics with side mag lube tubes hoping to God to shoot at an enemy point blank, to make the leap worth it.

SOLUTION!!!! GET RID OF SQUAD REVIVE!: I am the only giver of live in this universe, it should stay that way. You cannot trust theses other bamboozles to do a professional's job.

Issue #3: Stuck in kneeling pray/stab animation to revive OMG WHYYY:

In past titles if under heavy fire I could crawl my way to my teammate, give them a jolt while still prone, and have them back to life without overly compromising my own safety. NOW in this **** title I have to give my patient chest compressions from the kneeling position REGARDLESS of the situation, and I turn, along with anyone else foolish enough to attempt a revive get SHWACKED on sight along with the victim! Now Dice in Turn says "Have no fear my child, we shall give you smoke to cover your revive" which doesn't **** wo_

Issue#4 SMOKE IS POINTLESS FOR REVIVES!

If I'm a thinking chap, and down an enemy, and lo and behold a gray cloud morphs over my bedraggled past target, I in turn know that a medic is attempting to cover his approach to save him. All I have to do is shoot into the smoke and like clockwork bag another kill. Don't think a few gray particles is going to fix your janky **** revive animations DICE, you haven't fooled anyone.

SOLUTION!!!!! GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY YOU MONGRELS!

There way nothing wrong with years of prone revives. It was never broke, don't "fix" it. Or at the very least have an animation that allows me to revive from any position and not magically transported directly above my patient to get immediately annihilated.

THERE, IM DONE.

Fix these four issues Dice and the Medic class can be somewhat playable again. Otherwise your dooming your franchise out of the revive mechanic all together.

In heated anger,
Zongo

Comments

• Blackidus
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree on most of your points here.
    I play mostly medic in this game and I have no trouble scoring high. Yeah the weaponds are rubbish at range, but as intended. But I still manage sometimes to take out several targets at range with the Sten, but still a minor buff would be welcome.

Regarding the animation, it could be anoying sometimes. But I think the intention of this is to stop the cases where you are revived in the line of fire and get killed again instantly. Now medics really check their surroundings before reviving (at least I do) before going for the revive. And smoke really helps, as long as the enemies dont have an MMG firing on to the smoke and spot you.
  • Billydoc1
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Medics are fine.
    After the incoming SMGs buff,they will be better.
    IMHO medics should be able to use some rifles also.
  • VincentNZ
    3406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have little issues with the medic class, the biggest advantage is the constant pressure you can put on an enemy via self-heal. The biggest downside are weapons like the Sten with their abysymal ROF. There is just no place in this game for weapons like these. The revives are rewarding and generally also frequent. I just hope they give all classes the self-heal back and adjust the SMGs.
  • crabman169
    12846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Inb4 lock

So I'll do a TLDR; as a bf2 medic bot this is one of the best iterations of the medic class in this franchise. YOU need to GET GOOD.

Squad revive - only available between squad members and takes over twice a long to do as medic revive

Revive - learn to throw/shoot smoke/clear area and reviving is a breeze (hell sometimes the crouch over actually covers you)

Smgs - are smgs; try getting good with them and you'll be surprised at how capable they actually are plus the variety they have on offer.

Major word of advice; you want to be taken seriously and maybe have your feedback taken into consideration? Act like an adult and show some maturity instead of throwing a massive hissy fit of a tantrum
  • MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that there are problems, but I see other solutions.

1. Medic Weapons.
    SMG's do need a buff across the board. They often get outmatched in their own little niche (CBQ) by assault and support guns. they also need guns that allow more versatile gameplay.

2. Revive
    I would suggest some less drastic solutions here. I am fine with non-medics being able to revive but I think players that get revived by non-medics should get back up with only like 20% health.

3. Dragging
    4. Give medics the function that they (and only they) can drag injured players into safety before they revive. That would also fix the issues with smoke being bad (somewhat) and being stuck in a crouched animation. Aka the medic has more control over the entire situation.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haha brilliant post.
    Yeah Medic weapons need some versatility to compete with the assaults, but squad revives are good.
    Aren't we mean't to be getting the ability to drag downed team mates to cover? I think the revive animation was mean't to be used in conjunction with this.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the medic is mostly fun to play, it just needs a few minor buffs to its SMGs.
  • mitchpic
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with most points the OP stated, apart from squad revives, they should stay.

Some squads branch off from the main battles and take a flag on the other side of the map, and if one of them doesn't rock a medic class they are screwed without squad revive. Guess you can look it at both ways but personally its a handy feature.

• WC_Krisuke
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nother long time medic here. First thing I thought when being corralled into smg hell was "OMG, those poor engineers, I didn't know. I didn't know."

Just kidding. I think the medics are more or less ok, the game just needs some balance tweaks and it'll be fine. Or just give us the helriegel.
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the way medics are right now, and am grateful for the squad revive ability. I had a lot of trouble with the SMG's when i first started, but i have recently learned that it was mostly due to equipping the Nydar sight on them. I don't know why but ever since i removed it and went back to the standard sight, i am now beginning to get more kills with them. Something about it just seem to throw me off with both hipfire and ADS. Like when i ADS my sight was unable to center and instead waved all over the place. Maybe off putting in close range, i dunno.

Smoke is an awesome edition and you may need to use better placement. Don't just throw it 2ft in front of your downed team mate, throw it 10-15ft in front. If the attackers are long range i will use the smoke grenade launcher to land one just in front of their line, effectively blanketing them in a wall of white. Putting smoke directly on your team mate only gives them a target.. Also, wait for the smoke to do its thing, don't run in as soon as it hits the ground before it has time to disperse.

And most importantly, choose your revives. No point in both of you dying. Wait a moment and assess the situation. I see so many people dying trying to get a revive off only to have the fight neutralized immediately after. All you do is double the ticket count. Sometimes it is a better tactic to re-spawn. Its just as important to strategically give ground as it is to take it.
  • WC_Krisuke
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JUJAMAKILL wrote: »
    Smoke is an awesome edition and you may need to use better placement. Don't just throw it 2ft in front of your downed team mate, throw it 10-15ft in front. If the attackers are long range i will use the smoke grenade launcher to land one just in front of their line, effectively blanketing them in a wall of white. Putting smoke directly on your team mate only gives them a target.. Also, wait for the smoke to do its thing, don't run in as soon as it hits the ground before it has time to disperse.

And most importantly, choose your revives. No point in both of you dying. Wait a moment and assess the situation. I see so many people dying trying to get a revive off only to have the fight neutralized immediately after. All you do is double the ticket count. Sometimes it is a better tactic to re-spawn. Its just as important to strategically give ground as it is to take it.

This right here. Smoke as often as you can. Even if you aren't going to cover your own advance, shoot it as a distraction or for misdirection, or just out of spite that they have a better gun than you.

Also, triage is something I had to come to grips with, too. Sometimes, that guy in no man's lands bleeding out will just have to be a lost ticket.
  • firechickenfan
    472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You CAN cancel the revive animation.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics are fine. They dont need long range weapons and avoid cq combat. They are suppose to be in the middle of it. No issues with reviving, i got 2 medals for it already.
  • mattmaclock
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medic should receive some mid range to long range weapon of choice , look at the those large area map like Hamada i rarely find any medics hanging around
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that class solely being "a medic" is thing from a past. Where it could be developed furthermore than revives and health shares for it being "medic"?Stamina boosts? Extra suppression resistance? Weapon handling boosts? etc. "fighting condition buffs" for TMs around you. Throwing S-mines and Smoke round grenade launchers there feels lack of idea solutions in V.

I hope that new/re-introduced ideas such as backup bandages, squad revives and supply depots develops further in area of health and ammo sharing being squad supplies instead of class related tasks. Shaking foundation of medic and support classes—re-thinking classes.