Breaking old habits

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Still not totally adjusted to the "flow" of this yet. I've had pretty good success with BFV, and its a blast when its all firing on all cylinders.

But yeesh, had the worst night of it yet last night. I'm not sure what the issue was but I could not get my feet under me to save my life. Playing with a buddy of mine and we were getting continuously stomped.

Trying hard to break the flag-flag-flag running cycle from BF1. But its tough when:

1.) You and your buddy are the only ones paying attention to the map, and the rest of your squad is content to squabble over the C flag on Devastation with like 20 other teammates, while the other team happily caps just about everything else without much contest.

2.) You are behind in tickets, and behind in flags held so you kinda have to be aggressive to go get more flags. But in doing so, you are constantly getting squashed by defenders that have the numbers advantage and better positioning in the zone.

I'm no slouch when it comes to BF, I can usually hold my own. This game is definitely a challenge, and it really smacks you in the face when you can't get things to work in your favor.

I don't expect to be a terminator, and go 30+/ <5 every game, but when I can barely pull off a 5-14 or end up 10-20 and am stuck in our home base while spawn trapped, its super frustrating.

Trying hard to adopt a new mentality for this game, but it obviously hasn't taken root totally yet.

Comments

• Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same it's gettin on my nerves to be honest. It's like as soon as I start to play a way I enjoy I get killed. I think i'm too inpatient for this game. The reason I play FPs games is cos they're short and sweet and i've got a short attention span, like I have no idea how campers can enjoy playing games but you have to be more like them to do well in this. A lot of games seem to be catering to campers this year.
  • Trokey66
    8601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's always the same when ever I start a new game.

I get yellow squares everywhere!
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same it's gettin on my nerves to be honest. It's like as soon as I start to play a way I enjoy I get killed. I think i'm too inpatient for this game. The reason I play FPs games is cos they're short and sweet and i've got a short attention span, like I have no idea how campers can enjoy playing games but you have to be more like them to do well in this. A lot of games seem to be catering to campers this year.

I'm going to do my best to alter these old habits when I fire it up again tonight. No more assuming open areas are safe because there isn't any gunfire going on, need to peek and check those corners before you dart out.

No more "OK, Flag B is being taken, we need to go defend it" and just book it in that direction; need more thought on how we are going to approach and where danger might be along the way.

I'm gonna put more of an emphasis to utilizing cover. Like I have Velcro all over my clothes, I'm gonna stick to some sort of cover at almost all times. Doesn't matter if its slower for traversing the map; I need to learn the habit that you NEED some sort of cover whether its a box, the corner of a building, a fortification that you build, or even just smoke at the very least.

I think it's just going to get better the more and more updates they can implement. I'm very excited for the dragging mechanic to come into play, as well as the TTD adjustment this upcoming Tues.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    From my experience, the TTD bug and lack of footstep audio negatively affect Operations and Frontline more so than it does conquest. It leads to more players sitting back taking pot shots. When 22 of the 32 player attacking are laid back and not pushing and 10 are doing the push-die-respawn-push-die loop it completely ruins the game modes. Because of this I stick to conquest.
  • dayglowfroggy
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have played totally rubbish last night but spent an hour playing about with all the settings and in the little time I spent playing things are much better now.
    I got so pissed of with the bomber and my teams inability to kill it I learned to fly in desperation and crashed into v it first then shot it down v the second time they were the only deaths it suffered all match so I felt pleased in the end.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve had to teach myself new ways to play. I’ve found my self crouch running cover to cover and sliding around way more. As well as making more erratic movements.