UI is garbage

dinobass
155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So many basic UI elements and design choices are bad (even disregarding bugs): can't change assignments in game; Armory/Company dichotomy means customization doesn't show up in latter until you click on former; in dogtags/medals menus, scrolling through doesn't show what each refers to (you have to highlight then click); In Best Squad screen, squads ranked 1-3 are NOT color coded (in BF 1 it was easy to see if your squad (green) was ranked). There are MANY more example but I'm too angry/frustrated to mention them ATM.

Comments

• Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Ya it is terrible.

I love how ever since Battlefield 1 you can no longer customize your vehicles in game menus(bf1 you had to wait for it to spawn to customize, by then someone took it) but infantry can change whatever they want, whenever they want.

the white HUD is also annoying to look at especially on maps such as Narvik, Fjell

• Bheid
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah this is the worst one to date. Need to go back to the BF4 style menus and UI elements. It was easy to read.
  • aus_r4nger
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bheid wrote: »
    Yeah this is the worst one to date. Need to go back to the BF4 style menus and UI elements. It was easy to read.

I agree. BF4 had the best management including companion for loadouts which I could run on different computer while playing the game on PS4. Its very cumbersome to manage loadouts in BF 5.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    100% agree. The menus and UI in BF5 is one of the worst UI's in the history of gaming. I don't find it intuitive at all. It seems to have been designed by Stevie Wonder and makes no logical sense...

• Blakkwolfe
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed, the menus in BF4 was great. Then they went and dumbed them down in BF1 and even more in BF5. I dunno which is worse, the UI in the Fallout/Elder scrolls games (bethesda sucks at designing a good UI) or in BF1/5.
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I’d accept the bf1 ones tbh at least we new intuitively how to use them and if your not going to improve why change it.
    I get the new game new system carry on but for real it’s a franchise game it’s ok if certain things carry over it makes you feel at home and not everything needs to be different. Little things like this count tbh especially on console.
    If it’s bf4 or bf1 ui or a improved version great but don’t change it for changing its sake.
  • LeonnOrigin
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    People see the simple UI from other places and think it's good or popular.
    I fear someone in charge of designing the UI was inspired by Windows and thought it good; in reality the Windows 8-10 UI was designed on Powerpoint by engineers that had no skill with art or linguistics.

No way to know for certain of its origins but the current UI is unbecoming of a WWII FPS.