why are the *custom* servers are dead now?

saarb737
19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
why are the *custom* servers are dead now?
i seeach for them and there is only 1. untill not there were many of them with different customizations..
anyone knows?

Comments

• JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The DEV's made it practicly unpossible for custom servers to be found in the server browser.
    That combined with the BF V release, with lower TTK, means that the playerbase for custom servers is just to small.
  • saarb737
    The DEV's made it practicly unpossible for custom servers to be found in the server browser.
    That combined with the BF V release, with lower TTK, means that the playerbase for custom servers is just to small.

what?! why would they KILL there previous game?! wtf?????
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    saarb737 wrote: »

what?! why would they KILL there previous game?! wtf?????

They never had any intention of keeping this game alive. Otherwise they would never have launched RSP like they did in this game.
    BF4 is still alive today because the servers are much better.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I really feel as if they design the custom servers the way the do to deter us from using them. Maybe it's easier for them to have no custom servers, and they hope people will give up in frustration.

I never knew my mate had a hardcore Aussie server until he told me about it, never came up in my results and I literally would have been playing that server every day.

• ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Custom servers don't show up in the default server filter but it's really not that hard to make a filter that searches for all possible combinations that have a population.

It's not DICE's fault that gamers can't work the server browser... It's really not that complicated.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    ShevermiN wrote: »

Custom servers don't show up in the default server filter but it's really not that hard to make a filter that searches for all possible combinations that have a population.

It's not DICE's fault that gamers can't work the server browser... It's really not that complicated.

DICE did make it so that they are not shown by default. One has to change the default settings in order to see everything.
    That would be like Google only displaying English results instead of everything that is most relevant.
    A filter should be a filter, not a deblocker of information.
  • saarb737
    its so stupid! i payed so much for this game! now the kill it vuz of bf5?!
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch

It's far from dead mate... Custom maybe, but CQ, no way. Our clanserver is still full about 18/24hours. So no change since BF V release.
  • saarb737

It's far from dead mate... Custom maybe, but CQ, no way. Our clanserver is still full about 18/24hours. So no change since BF V release.

so why kill the customes? why be so idiots there?
  • RossP317
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Simple. The more people still playing BF1 means more people not buying BFV
  • SlugSniper
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RossP317 wrote: »

Well, BFV is already a laughing stock and has been since the reveal, so if they want to keep their fans, they'd best ditch BFV as their major title and keep working on BF1.
  • -Antares65z
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Many will grow bored of BF5 and will return to BF1.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    SlugSniper wrote: »

Well, BFV is already a laughing stock and has been since the reveal, so if they want to keep their fans, they'd best ditch BFV as their major title and keep working on BF1.

Indeed:
    https://trends.google.fr/trends/explore?date=today 1-m&q=battlefield V,battlefield 1

According to these numbers, battlefield V is a succes in USA and western Europe, but not so much Eastern Europe, India and Russia/China.
    If you take in to account that this game only costs 43 euro's at the moment, half of what Battlefield 1 + Premium Pass costs, then the launch is a fail.
    On Amazon itn's not even in the Top 100 sold games. Spiderman, RDR2 and even Minecraft has more sales then Battlefield V.

Battlefield 1 had so many unique features that I miss in battlefield V. They just made BF1 "to" special in the franchise. For a casual gamer like me, horses, century, bohemeths, arty truck are just to much fun to leave behind.
  • ShevermiN
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This about the dumbest thing that I have seen in the servers since BFV's launch..

All I know is that in Oceania the server numbers before BFV's launch for BF4 were 5 a night, BF1 10 a night and now BFV has arrived it's server numbers have been above 50 a night. That's not a fail. We'll see in a years time but for now it's fun and new.

And origin access will keep players in the older titles for years to come. So a little less ignorant hate towards BFV derived from watching youtoobes please. Unless you put 100 hours into the game you really have no clue what you are talking about. And it shows.

• SlugSniper
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This about the dumbest thing that I have seen in the servers since BFV's launch..

All I know is that in Oceania the server numbers before BFV's launch for BF4 were 5 a night, BF1 10 a night and now BFV has arrived it's server numbers have been above 50 a night. That's not a fail. We'll see in a years time but for now it's fun and new.

And origin access will keep players in the older titles for years to come. So a little less ignorant hate towards BFV derived from watching youtoobes please. Unless you put 100 hours into the game you really have no clue what you are talking about. And it shows.

1. Overly blurred classes + the ability to steal any primary you want with any gadgets you already had (terrible balance)
    2. No RBD, making full-autos horrendously overpowered
    3. Worthless bolt-actions
    4. Mad Max wacko characters
    5. No behemoths
    6. No cavalry
    7. Watered-down Operations; no sectors, just a clusterfudge of modes around the same area

It's not "ignorant hate." It's pretty damn legitimate.
  • -Antares65z
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unless you put 100 hours into the game you really have no clue what you are talking about. And it shows.

You don't need to put 100 hours into a game to form a legitimate opinion about it. More like 15-20 hours max. By then the game has revealed what it has to offer and where it's stengths/weaknesses are at.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Who had the big idea to rush this game out unfinished and in an embarrassing state, so the game could generate much more sales to do with timing of other games launching.

You're a genius mate, you may have killed this entire franchise for everybody, or at least tainted the name permanently, but at least we have this half finished piece of **** now rather than when it was intended to be launched. Thank you very very much.