Weekly Debrief

the MMG problem

RePlayBoy101
58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
right now the mg34 and mg42 and a weapon for campers to shoot brainless enemies...in shoort useless

u cant ADS without being bipoded(most of the time the bipod is glitchy or ur character slides for some reason and doesnt want u to ADS)

the damage output is on par with other weapons.... which again why?...u lose the ability to aim ... why not make them a 2 hit weapon(right now they are a 4 hit weapon just like any other gun)...atleast make them soo that u can be powerfull when ur prone rather than on par with other weapons which negates the purpose of a weapon that is meant to hold a possition

they are easy kills for snipers ... they onepop you in the head before u can even use ur bipod

as of right now there is no reason to use them over the KE7 or FG42... sure u dont have the magazine capacity but what use is it if u get killed as soon as u start to fire your weapon(mg42 is even worse than the mg34 since it has stupid mad horizontal recoil...sure its ok at close range but why wuld i use it if the FG42 or other weapons are better at that)

MMGs need to be a possition holding weapon ... right now u can bearly kill 2 guys with it becouse it lacks that firepower/damage output

or give MMGs the ability to ADS if your gonna keep them on par with other weapons damage

MG42 is only fun when u sit down 10meters behind the enemy and they are too stupid to look at you and shoot you back... but that rarely happens not to mention makes the weapon borring becouse i need to basically camp a corner fort the entire game(again u can use them at long range but they are way to inaccurate and are worse then other weapons)

Comments

• AddyRazz
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I personally love the MG34 and 42.
  • mf_shro0m
    1502 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    @OP I agree that MMGs should have higher damage. Not necessarily two shot kill but certainly 3 at most.
    You should also be able to ADS whilst crouched tho your recoil whilst doing this should be hard to manage.

Additionally, either buff the MG42’s recoil OR, buff it’s recoil slightly whilst increasing its ROF to its irl ROF at 2000 rounds per minute and allow players to unlock a 200 round clip for it.
    You should also be able to unlock a 200 round clip for the MG34.

MMGs should at least have the bullet penetration capability that bolt-actions currently have. Irl, MG42s could shred through concrete as if it were paper

Movement speed whilst holding an MMG should be nerfed. There’s no reason why a dude carrying an MMG should be able to move as quickly as someone carrying a rifle.
    Movement speed whilst holding an MMG with extended mags should be even slower, as should your ADS time

This would make the weapons far more realistic and interesting in-game
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All they need to do is to fix damn bipod as of right now it's very buggy and annoying to use. I don't have the same issue with LMGs bipods but apparently MMGs ones are completely different and act differently. Sometimes it's really hard to place the gun even on flat terrain.
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I actually like the system they have now. It's different and makes you play different. Laying down fire in prone can be super satisfying. Yes sniper can knock you out pretty quick but you can also smash them with the insane ROF+clip size. I think supports should be able to get in and out of prone a bit faster.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It can be difficult to get into a position with them that is effective. But once you are setup your only real threat are long range snipers.

One thing I would comment on. BIPODS...things that seem like you can use as support for bipod often aren't. It's not made terribly clear at all if a piece of geometry will be useable for bipod.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AYF_001 wrote: »
    As someone with 1,300 kills with the MG 42, they already know about the bipod issue. If they're going to buff SMGs and ARs in the next patch, I'd prefer a 5% increase in shoulder-fire accuracy, and an additional 5% accuracy buff when crouched to keep their relative effectiveness in CQC. Being outgunned by a pistol from 12ft away when your reticule is centered right on them is kind of ridiculous as well.

It's laughable that with a "MMG" (in reality a light machine gun) aimed at someone's chest a few meters away the bullets take various thirty or forty degree turns immediately upon exiting the barrel and all fail to get a hit, or at least that's what the hip fire indicators seem to be showing. If this is the best DICE can do to "balance" these weapons then I have a bad feeling about what they'll do to others in the coming months.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I personally like the MMGs even if the bipod is more dangerous to me than non-recon players. The fact that I am to unlucky (read: unskilled) to get the golden stuff doesn't deter me either.

But please, for the love of whatever you believe in, start your sentences with a capital letter and end them with a dot, it hurts trying to read that ^^

EDIT:
    Also, one of the reasons to use them are their outstanding DPS when used in the correct manner, and the only weapon to compete with them at suppressing enemies is the Lewis, as the FG42 and KE7 are more like Assault Rifles than LMGs.

• AYF_001
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AYF_001 wrote: »
    As someone with 1,300 kills with the MG 42, they already know about the bipod issue. If they're going to buff SMGs and ARs in the next patch, I'd prefer a 5% increase in shoulder-fire accuracy, and an additional 5% accuracy buff when crouched to keep their relative effectiveness in CQC. Being outgunned by a pistol from 12ft away when your reticule is centered right on them is kind of ridiculous as well.

It's laughable that with a "MMG" (in reality a light machine gun) aimed at someone's chest a few meters away the bullets take various thirty or forty degree turns immediately upon exiting the barrel and all fail to get a hit, or at least that's what the hip fire indicators seem to be showing. If this is the best DICE can do to "balance" these weapons then I have a bad feeling about what they'll do to others in the coming months.
    I was referring to the pseudo-ADS when not bipod deployed, but that's also an issue. I think you could give it better accuracy, but crazy recoil, like rapidly swinging side to side when firing. It'd also make controlling the weapon while hipfiring a lot more fun in CQC, like taming an angry anaconda that can just as easily bite you as your enemies.
  • MommyHacks
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Making them 2 hit would be absurdly stupid.
    Not sure if bait.
  • DayZEternal1
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not too happy with MMGs. The removal of ADS encourages you to lay on your stomach or hug a wall 99% of the time when you're using it. I get it being used for defensive purposes, but it's utterly useless outside of that. I've seen players run up in the middle of the road, fall onto their stomach, and sprayed at anything that moved while praying they don't get dinked from a sniper 100m away. And they do this because they don't have a choice when it comes to MMGs. It's either suicidal tactics or dig in a corner somewhere.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It can be used very effectively for supporting the team taking objectives by positioning yourself to lay fire on the opposing side coming onto the point to defend. It's just a matter of finding a good spot that catches the incoming enemy on the flank. Yes you are not on the point capping often times but you are being super useful.
  • RePlayBoy101
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    It can be used very effectively for supporting the team taking objectives by positioning yourself to lay fire on the opposing side coming onto the point to defend. It's just a matter of finding a good spot that catches the incoming enemy on the flank. Yes you are not on the point capping often times but you are being super useful.

i play conquest and most of the playerbase does aswell ... MMGs are useless for that gamemode unless you will camp one point but if the DEVs want us to do that that means that you basically say FU to the team and victory :P
  • RePlayBoy101
    Noromiz wrote: »
    I personally like the MMGs even if the bipod is more dangerous to me than non-recon players. The fact that I am to unlucky (read: unskilled) to get the golden stuff doesn't deter me either.

But please, for the love of whatever you believe in, start your sentences with a capital letter and end them with a dot, it hurts trying to read that ^^

EDIT:
    Also, one of the reasons to use them are their outstanding DPS when used in the correct manner, and the only weapon to compete with them at suppressing enemies is the Lewis, as the FG42 and KE7 are more like Assault Rifles than LMGs.

the DPS is not noticable ... maybe on the MG42 but then u get that massive horizontal recoil which basically means its a CQC weapon which makes it unusable in most situations

AND NO ... my topic... dont mess with my feng shui
  • RePlayBoy101
    Making them 2 hit would be absurdly stupid.
    Not sure if bait.

just a quick brainfart thats all ... MMGs in the current state shuld do more DMG than other weapons ... right now there is no poin to use them
  • FCKJM
    70 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO support weapons are too strong. When on bipod even worse. Yesterday a camping support player almost killed me over a distance of almost 300 meters! The accuracy of these weapons is way too good.
  • RePlayBoy101
    edited November 2018
    FCKJM wrote: »
    IMO support weapons are too strong. When on bipod even worse. Yesterday a camping support player almost killed me over a distance of almost 300 meters! The accuracy of these weapons is way too good.

what support weapons are u talking about ... becouse im prety sure u werent killed by MMGs XD
  • nbbistudent7
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is SUPER annoying how I can literally unload half of a 75-round dual drum into an enemy and yet get shot 2 or 3 times (with anything from a little pistol to a Sten gun from 100' away) and get killed. I have a level 10 MG-34 and have very steady aim with the bipod, so I know I'm getting solid hits.

I understand that this is a video game and that we respawn when we get killed. There are some things that are going to be a little goofy with it. I just get annoyed with how someone with a light MG can respond to my hits with their own and still kill me in the end, even when I got the drop on them.

Also, is body armor available for any of the other game modes? Breakthrough, Conquest, etc.? Is it because people have body armor that it takes so many shots to kill them? Or is it a hack/cheat code thing?

Ultimately, this game is a lot of fun and the graphics/environment are sick. Just a little thing that I want to understand with the hits/kills thing...

• Noodlesocks
    2898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My only problem with MMGs is when they undeploy for no good reason and then the weapon's accuracy just magics away all of a sudden. The cone of fire when not deployed is ridiculous.
  • mf_shro0m
    1502 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FCKJM wrote: »

Sounds like he’s a hacker or you were out in the open and he spent 30-50 rounds trying to kill you
This discussion has been closed.