Conquest- Maps encourage fights at one flag

Bheid
40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So I've noticed a trend with this battlefield and that during conquest the fights tend to center around one flag. That's not to say other flags don't see skirmishes as they do, but not like certain flags.

For example.....

Hamada-Flag D
Aerordrome-Flag C
Arras- Flag E
Narvick- D and B but really it's still one area

...you get the idea

I would like to see the maps balanced so the fights are more constant across the map and not so focused

Comments

• R1ckyDaMan19
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 3 had alot of this too in the launch maps, the hilltop on caspian border, the arcade on grand bazzare, B on metro, the tunnel on peak etc etc.
  • twisted83
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's for keeping the CQC infantry players happy.
    Because when a proper BF map like Hamada is introduced everyone complains : "Omg it's sooo booooring having to walk all the time"
    So have your meatgrinder.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1966 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather big fights at one or two flags than the flag cap merry go round that happens more often than not.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only maps I'd agree with you are Aero at C and Dev at C … just because they are the center of the wheel. On the other maps it really depends on how the team plays. I like that there is those big fights at 1 flag as it makes taking and holding the other flags so much easier.
  • olavafar
    2020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is not a map balance thing as much as a player thing. Players tends to gravitate towards each other because many FPS players like action and not just running around collecting stuff (flags) like in an RP game. Travel a long distance by foot just to be sniped or shot by a camping LMG upon arrival is not so attractive to many players.

If flags are close enough to each other, there is more action on all flags but also tends to turn into a domination like game when everybody just runs in a circle.
  • RetroBitPixel
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The flag placements on some maps are just dumb. So many maps with a lot of space that's not being used. I really don't get why DICE is so stupid sometimes.. so much potential.... Simply move some flags around and most issues are fixed.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1966 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The flag placements on some maps are just dumb. So many maps with a lot of space that's not being used. I really don't get why DICE is so stupid sometimes.. so much potential.... Simply move some flags around and most issues are fixed.

Problem is DICE are making maps that need to cater for several game modes, therefore flag placement for CQ is sometimes very poor for that mode, but decent for say Breakthrough
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Central flag issue pretty much. Large, covered capture areas allows multiple squads contesting a flag to create constant pressure on it. Aerodrome and Devastation C-flags are prime examples.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But what’s the feelings on those two flags C at devastation and Aero

I am not a fan
  • LEONIDAS_0_75ws
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    Only maps I'd agree with you are Aero at C and Dev at C … just because they are the center of the wheel. On the other maps it really depends on how the team plays. I like that there is those big fights at 1 flag as it makes taking and holding the other flags so much easier.

The center of the wheel is the best description I've heard for this. When you have this "center of the wheel" configuration, the center will always be the hottest spot. Strategically, it is the most important flag. If you hold it, you've got a spawn point for your whole team to go to whatever flag they want to attack.
  • Natetendo83
    1023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you're playing with some friends and have a squad of 4 you can easily move around to the less populated flags and get a cap. Then your team gets more spawn points and it spreads the game out, at the very least drawing the enemy away from the meat grinder so your team can take that one spot on the map.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they would take a look at the mode entirely and rebalance it, including removing or severely decreasing the catch up mechanic.
  • Natetendo83
    1023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they would take a look at the mode entirely and rebalance it, including removing or severely decreasing the catch up mechanic.

Removing it would be ideal.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It really isn't map design so much as it's the way people like to play.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like this design, usually one focal point with coordinated squads going for flanks and back capping.
  • TheAtomAlchemist
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 3 had alot of this too in the launch maps, the hilltop on caspian border, the arcade on grand bazzare, B on metro, the tunnel on peak etc etc.

atleast the maps in previous bf games were actually big, every map in bf5, other then hamada is a tight, small clusterfuck where infantry can cross the entire map VERY quickly, which also means if you try to secure a cap, the people you kill can just run back from their nearest cap/spawn and human wave you most times.
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Rotters has a good spread.

Aero has so much action near the hanger because the rest of the map is horrible when snipers are everywhere. Devastation cathedral is central and strategically useful. Arras central area is a hotspot because it has more protection and destruction. You'll always find action there. Twisted Steel bridge is usually good spot for compressed action, so people go there to butt heads.

I'd argue that most of the time these hot spots happen because the maps have inadequate transport options for soldiers. So they go where they know there will be action, rather than run half way across the map and die / fail to see any action.

Caspian border was not that clustered, it had a good spread because it had a ton of vehicles.