Battlefield V crashing w/ no error message [POSSIBLE FIX]!

Mrbawlstacheo
7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Hey guys so I recently purchased Battlefield V and while I was playing it I noticed that after 30 minutes that my game just freezes then closes out with no error message. I contacted EA 5 times and they gave me trouble shooting steps I suggest you guys try first
Troubleshooting Steps: CLEAR ORIGIN CACHE:

* Completely log out and close down Origin

* Hold down the Windows key and R

* Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK

* Now open the Origin folder.

* Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)

* Hold down the Windows key and R

* Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK

* This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder

* Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window

* Open the Local folder here

* Delete the Origin folder listed here

* Restart your PC and log back into Origin

- Disable windows firewall:

* Open the Control Panel.

* Click on Windows Firewall.

* If the Windows Firewall is enabled, the Windows Firewall state will be On. To turn it off, in the left navigation pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.

* In the Customize Settings window, select Turn off Windows Firewall and click OK.

- Disable windows antivirus:

* To Disable Antivirus: Open the Windows OneCare user interface.

* Click View or Change Settings > Antivirus Tab.

* Click the radio button to turn the anti-virus off.

* For more information, please refer the following link:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114351/how-to-temporarily-disable-your-anti-virus-firewall-and-anti-malware-programs/

- Right click on the game short cut icon, on the desktop:

Select properties > compatibility > windows xp service pack 3 > apply changes but do not launch the application.

- Repeat the same with the origin application.

- Run the origin as admin and go to my games library.

- Right click on the game icon and select repair the game.

* Once repaired, then launch the game.

- Check if there is any program that may conflict with Origin :

http://help.ea.com/en/article/programs-that-may-cause-conflicts-with-origin/

- Clear temp files using CCleaner : http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

- Clean Boot : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

- Create a new Admin : http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-create-a-new-admin-account/

Now if these steps don't work, let me tell you what I did to fix my game

I downloaded a program called Driver Easy Direct Download: https://www.drivereasy.com/DriverEasy_Setup.exe
The program will scan your computer and detect any outdated drivers. I had 7 outdated drivers and one of them was RealTek Audio which according to EA saw that it crashes when my game crashes. After I updated all my drivers I checked my BIOS version. Turns out that it was one year old. I updated my BIOS and then my game ran fine. If you don't know how to update your bios look up on youtube on how to update your BIOS with your motherboard model. If you have an ASUS X99-Deluxe I got you : https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gehmqc9DQQg NOTE: In the video he tells you to put a USB into your BIOS USB port. If you dont have it then you can just plug your USB into any port and it still works!

ONE LAST THING TO TRY BEFORE MY WAY: Do a clean install of your NVIDIA driver.

I know the game just came out and a lot of people have told me in game that their game has been crashing randomly as well. I hope this fixes the game for a lot of you guys! If none of this helped dont worry, im sure there will be plenty of updates fixing this issue
Post edited by xxxCoOlBr33zExxx on

Comments

• Mrbawlstacheo
    If this worked for any of you guys please up vote the post so others can see this!
  • Prasinos333
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cleared origin cache and repaired game, it hasn't crashed (Been playing for around two hours now) since.
  • Mrbawlstacheo
    I cleared origin cache and repaired game, it hasn't crashed (Been playing for around two hours now) since.

Awesome man! Im glad. I troubleshooted like crazy until i found a fix. Thought I would share
  • deeception
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Clearing origin cache appears to have fixed the game. Couldn't play more than 5 minutes at a time after the latest patch. We'll see if this holds.

Thanks!
  • Mrbawlstacheo
    deeception wrote: »
    Clearing origin cache appears to have fixed the game. Couldn't play more than 5 minutes at a time after the latest patch. We'll see if this holds.

Thanks!

If it does dont forget to upvote the post so others can see!
  • XChodeOfDestinyX
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lowering some of my stable Overclocks on my cpu and gpu have stopped all BSOD and desktop crashing issues.
  • Pa1nful_84
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did not work for me. still crashing every round
  • Silhouette
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game used to crash once I joined a game. The map would flash once in a game and it would crash, I assumed due to the underpowered card I had (it was pretty low-end). So I BOUGHT a 1060 SC 6GB just to play the game. Now it just crashes with no error, nothing has worked.

What the hell do I do? This is frustrating. Wasting money to play a game that is poorly optimized.

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
    Information 11/25/2018 12:48:56 AM Windows Error Reporting 1001 None "Fault bucket 1511540266194424915, type 4
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: bfv.exe
    P2: 1.0.67.38148
    P3: 5be4b75f
    P4: bfv.exe
    P5: 1.0.67.38148
    P6: 5be4b75f
    P7: c000001d
    P8: 0000000006ebe3e8
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER279A.tmp.dmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3324.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3354.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3352.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3373.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_bfv.exe_931677a43d4f99553442e046ba5c8dc02a893765_0483c4d7_18d237f6

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 61e09ef6-d361-4c37-9d24-b346414281d7
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: 8ee044d804f399dc34fa11dd1637d453
    Cab Guid: 0"
    Error 11/25/2018 12:48:50 AM Application Error 1005 (100) "Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Battlefield™ V because of this error.

Program: Battlefield™ V
    File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
    Error value: 00000000
    Disk type: 0"
    Error 11/25/2018 12:48:50 AM Application Error 1000 (100) "Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.67.38148, time stamp: 0x5be4b75f
    Faulting module name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.67.38148, time stamp: 0x5be4b75f
    Exception code: 0xc000001d
    Fault offset: 0x0000000006ebe3e8
    Faulting process id: 0x1e24
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4848237cc3cb7
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
    Report Id: 61e09ef6-d361-4c37-9d24-b346414281d7
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID: "
  • Malzius
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lowering some of my stable Overclocks on my cpu and gpu have stopped all BSOD and desktop crashing issues.

means it wasnt stable enough, unless you did small ffts stress test on prime for 24 hours and even then you cant really say its 100 % stable
  • dmldaddle
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crash even on non overclocked system.
  • Mrbawlstacheo
    Pa1nful_84 wrote: »
    Did not work for me. still crashing every round

Did you update your BIOS and did you do it correctly?
  • Mrbawlstacheo
    dmldaddle wrote: »
    crash even on non overclocked system.

Did you update your BIOS correctly and update all drivers?
  • L0rd-AUT
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    had this when i hadnt enough voltage on my cpu overclock
  • MegaAssasinPL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Malzius wrote: »

means it wasnt stable enough, unless you did small ffts stress test on prime for 24 hours and even then you cant really say its 100 % stable

Well, no other app crashes. Not even BF1 crashes yet it's oc error?
  • CSSLZT13
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, the "disabling anti-virus" method worked for me. Specs are as follows:
    AMD FX-8350
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    RX 580 8GB
    480 GB SSD (where the game is installed, not the same as where Windows is installed)
    Windows 10 Home Basic (I think)

Once the game was bought, it refused to play with me for a while. Tried downgrading graphics to absolute minimum, was able to play three rounds of Domination before it crashed again. Funnily enough, I also found it kind of weird that the game took upwards of a minute to load, and that usually meant the anti-virus was going crazy. What I did was put the entire Battlefield V folder under the "Exceptions" list in my anti-virus and bam -- no crashes whatsoever. Even kicked the graphics up to high -- though the game would struggle to load certain things (pretty sure the processor is holding my system back), it still ran smoothly up to 60 FPS with no crashing.

Also did a couple of other things, too: So I had manually set a 'profile' under the AMD Radeon settings because it didn't pick up Battlefield V, for some reason. I turned this off during the same procedure as the anti-virus "Exceptions" thing. Also, I increased page file size/virtual memory for the drive the game is on -- can't remember the exact procedure for this step, but apparently, this increases the amount of RAM used during operations attached to a certain hard drive (I think). There's sites out there that explain how to do this in great detail, though. I don't know if doing these steps also contributed to solving the issue with my game, but I felt I should include this as well, in case the anti-virus thing isn't the problem.
  • CSSLZT13
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Second time typing this, lost text to a browser error x_X )

So I had been experiencing this problem as well, and getting around the anti-virus seemed to do the trick. My specifications are as follows:
    AMD FX-8350
    RX 580 8GB
    16 GB DDR3 Ram
    480 GB SSD

On top of the crashing, I noticed that the game would take an absurd amount of time to load as well -- like, two minutes just for the main menu, absurd. Usually, when this happens, it tends to be the anti-virus going crazy, so I put the entire Battlefield V folder into the "Exceptions" list for my anti-virus, and bam -- no more crashing, and it loads within seconds. Before, I couldn't even run a match on Low settings without crashing (I managed 3 rounds one time, but it still crashed.); now I'm playing on High with only minor graphical stuttering.

Also of note: I did a couple of extra things during this process, so it may very well transpire that one of these steps is the real solution. 1.) So I had manually assigned a 'profile' to the game under the AMD Radeon graphics settings, since the program hadn't picked up the game. I turned this off to see if it would help. 2.) I also increased page file size/virtual memory for the SSD the game is installed on -- can't remember the exact procedure, but judging from others' assumptions that the RAM is at fault, I decided to look into this option. Previously, there had been no memory assigned to the drive (I think), so I just changed a few options around to rectify that.

Hope this helps. Sorry if it doesn't.
  • Fish7O2
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Malzius wrote: »

Well, no other app crashes. Not even BF1 crashes yet it's oc error?

Frostbite has always been finicky about overclocks, going back to the BC2 version of Frostbite. I've had clocks pass 24+ hrs on Prime95, and through all of AIDA64's tests, yet would crash while gaming on Frostbite. Either giving an extra .01 of voltage, or lowering mhz just a bit generally solved the issue.

Frostbite in the past didn't really like factory overclocked graphics card either. People had to lower clock speeds on those sometimes to prevent issues. The engine really is much better than it used to be though.
  • Mrbawlstacheo
    CSSLZT13 wrote: »
    Honestly, the "disabling anti-virus" method worked for me. Specs are as follows:
    AMD FX-8350
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    RX 580 8GB
    480 GB SSD (where the game is installed, not the same as where Windows is installed)

Once the game was bought, it refused to play with me for a while. Tried downgrading graphics to absolute minimum, was able to play three rounds of Domination before it crashed again. Funnily enough, I also found it kind of weird that the game took upwards of a minute to load, and that usually meant the anti-virus was going crazy. What I did was put the entire Battlefield V folder under the "Exceptions" list in my anti-virus and bam -- no crashes whatsoever. Even kicked the graphics up to high -- though the game would struggle to load certain things (pretty sure the processor is holding my system back), it still ran smoothly up to 60 FPS with no crashing.

Also did a couple of other things, too: So I had manually set a 'profile' under the AMD Radeon settings because it didn't pick up Battlefield V, for some reason. I turned this off during the same procedure as the anti-virus "Exceptions" thing. Also, I increased page file size/virtual memory for the drive the game is on -- can't remember the exact procedure for this step, but apparently, this increases the amount of RAM used during operations attached to a certain hard drive (I think). There's sites out there that explain how to do this in great detail, though. I don't know if doing these steps also contributed to solving the issue with my game, but I felt I should include this as well, in case the anti-virus thing isn't the problem.

Can you vote up this post so others can see. Im really happy one of these solutions worked for you
  • Sigildark
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What worked for me: Reduced my OC from 4600 to 4500. MY OC was stable in all cases but BF V. Now I am golden.
  • MikkelHSBC
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    - Disable windows firewall
    - Disable windows antivirus
    - Check if there is any program that may conflict with Origin

This must be a joke right?
    every single game on my pc works perfectly fine with those turned on.
    all 200+ of them.

But origin and Battlefield have bugs and it's some other programs fault?
    Jesus.....

BTW my system is only about 8 days old "clean install" and battlefield is freezing and crashing constantly for me 2.
    Ryzen 1700x.
    16Gb ram.
    RTX 2080.
    no overclock.