Battlefield V Special Edition is a RIP Off

TheHangingBrain
11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I spent almost $160 for two copies of the BFV Special Edition for myself and a friend as a gift. I was ok at the time paying what I did because I'm a longtime fan of the game and was anxious to get in and support the game. The extras seemed pretty weak, but I figured a little extra towards my favorite game is no biggie.

Cut to today and I see that the game is being sold for as low as $30 at major retailers and honestly, I feel genuinely robbed. I mean, it's just a week or so later and it's selling for less than half the price, and seeing the overall game sales, it looks like it'll probably remain discounted.

Needless to say, I feel robbed. I'm pissed. The game is buggy as hell, the interface is confusing af, and everything feels rushed. On top of all that, the "special edition" bonus items were straight garbage.

I have been a loyal, and I mean loyal, BF fan since Bad Company on the consoles, and have been a first day or pre order buyer since I fell in love with the game. Never again.

Never, ever again.

Keep making games for stockholders and answering to them, and screw the fanbase. Keep fleecing working cats like myself and make the suits happy.

Seriously, I feel had. Robbed. Screwed.

I'm not a rich guy. I mean, if the bonus crap wasn't so weak and I felt like I at least got something out of being robbed without a gun, it wouldn't be so bad. But that's not the case.

But like I said, you'll not get me again. I'll wait until the next one is half price a week later... if at all.

Comments

• BURGERKRIEG
    960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, it is.

• TheHangingBrain
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here's some proof, trolls.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/battlefield-5-is-already-on-sale-for-30-xbox-one-p/1100-6463482/

I have a right to feel pissed. Everyone who preordered or bought the extremely lame special edition does.
  • DominicO65
    515 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Yeah I feel like the air lift items are an utter joke. I knew something was fishy when they were so vague about it while insisting they weren't loot boxes. But I've gotten a below average skin for a SINGLE PART of a gun I don't even use. At least give the skin for the whole bloody gun, let alone the choice of which gun it goes on. Honestly I would have preferred a BF1 style lootbox. At least then I would have gotten a whole skin.

DICE, this is BS...
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 had a better Deluxe Edition.

Maybe you guys learned your lesson now.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bought it because two of my friends and i were forced to take free time at work due to so many overtime hours we had. So we bought it and thought to have a good time.
    We were pretty wrong. This isnt a normal released game, its a Beta at best. And the Air Lift Items from the Deluxe version are the biggest Joke by DICE/EA possible.
    One damn useless Skin a Week ? Thats it ?! I guess another year for the worst company Award is coming.
  • BaconRebellion
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    O no BFV is on sale the days following tha ksgiving when nearly every major reatalor places items on sale for christmas shoppers. The horror the horror!
  • TheHangingBrain
    O no BFV is on sale the days following tha ksgiving when nearly every major reatalor places items on sale for christmas shoppers. The horror the horror!

I'm assuming you haven't read that BFV has sold half the amount of physical copies that BF1 did? This is not going to be just a holiday sale. The price will obviously not stay at $30, but that's not the point.

Just go away if you have nothing but excuses for a multimillion dollar game company that has a recent history of releasing broken games early and fleecing a loyal fanbase by nickle and diming them.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you have issues with the state of BFV during release, in regards to bugs and such, that's reasonable. However, your complaints on it already being on sale make no damn sense. That's your fault, and if its not your fault, then complain to the retailers.
  • NitroViper
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Id contact them and rip them a new one. You'll get a refund if you're persistent.
  • xeNizKing
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm assuming you haven't read that BFV has sold half the amount of physical copies that BF1 did? This is not going to be just a holiday sale. The price will obviously not stay at $30, but that's not the point.

Just go away if you have nothing but excuses for a multimillion dollar game company that has a recent history of releasing broken games early and fleecing a loyal fanbase by nickle and diming them.

Not defending them but i'd be remiss not to mention that physical copies these days dont really set the standard for base sales anymore. Digital sales are far more impactful these days which is why I imagine origin access has already done so well - people will buy it just to get early access to the game then likely buy the game immediately after digitally.

Impulsive purchases are the name of the game these days.
  • TheHangingBrain
    If you have issues with the state of BFV during release, in regards to bugs and such, that's reasonable. However, your complaints on it already being on sale make no damn sense. That's your fault, and if its not your fault, then complain to the retailers.

Is it not the fault of the marketing department as well for tanking their own game from the start with a **** promo and hard headed leadership? Maybe is they didn't give a big FU to a large part of the fanbase, they wouldn't be struggling in sales.

I have no issues with the diversity in the game, but marketing it like they did as some kind of progressive Call of Duty knock off was a bad call.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »

It is a little ridiculous the game is already 50% off one week after its official launch. I got burnt with Battlefront 2, and I feel salty with the state this game is currently in. The only reasonable thing for me to do moving forward is to never again purchase a deluxe edition nor pre-order another Battlefield game.

I decided to buy because I wanted to play prior to the holidays … I knew based on the marketing the game would be heavily discounted after the holidays. Surprised it dropped so far so fast …
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Isn't this a fairly common practice nowadays?

I remember the same thing happening recently with Shadow of The Tomb Raider--the game comes out, and before you know it there's a big discount.

It does suck, but there's always a price to pay (quite literally) for being an "early adopter."
  • TEKNOCODE
    11179 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Paid $64 with tax for the deluxe edition, which equates to $2.56 per hour played.

If I never played another minute, that is a very cheap form of entertainment.

I paid more for a single piece of beef jerky today than I did for an hour played of bfv.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Paid $64 with tax for the deluxe edition, which equates to $2.56 per hour played.

If I never played another minute, that is a very cheap form of entertainment.

I paid more for a single piece of beef jerky today than I did for an hour played of bfv.

I get that … but was the extra $34 worth playing 12 days early? Maybe for some but not for others.