Battlefield V Special Edition is a RIP Off

2»

Comments

• BURGERKRIEG
    667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That early access was a con too.

Early access to an unfinished game.

What a great deal 🤑
  • LeesSummit09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was a sucker also. Bought the deluxe, digital early. The regular edition is discounted a week after it comes out, not a good sign for future battlefield games being purchased early. I know I will wait. Still hoping the 12/4 update makes some major improvements to gameplay and makes my purchase feel a little more worthwhile. Right now, it's meh.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Paid $64 with tax for the deluxe edition, which equates to $2.56 per hour played.

If I never played another minute, that is a very cheap form of entertainment.

I paid more for a single piece of beef jerky today than I did for an hour played of bfv.

I get that … but was the extra $34 worth playing 12 days early? Maybe for some but not for others.

Absolutely.
  • kilroy2963
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I bought the regular version just about a week ago and now its on sale for at least $20 less?? That really left me with a stick it up my butt hard and dry feeling.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Paid $64 with tax for the deluxe edition, which equates to $2.56 per hour played.

If I never played another minute, that is a very cheap form of entertainment.

I paid more for a single piece of beef jerky today than I did for an hour played of bfv.

I get that … but was the extra $34 worth playing 12 days early? Maybe for some but not for others.

$34 isn't a big deal for some. Yes it was worth it for me.
  • BaconRebellion
    2423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    O no BFV is on sale the days following tha ksgiving when nearly every major reatalor places items on sale for christmas shoppers. The horror the horror!

I'm assuming you haven't read that BFV has sold half the amount of physical copies that BF1 did? This is not going to be just a holiday sale. The price will obviously not stay at $30, but that's not the point.

Just go away if you have nothing but excuses for a multimillion dollar game company that has a recent history of releasing broken games early and fleecing a loyal fanbase by nickle and diming them.

Just because the physical copies were down doesnt mean that they didnt make up for that loss in digital copies. Nearly everyone I know on my friends list and twitter bought it digitally or had Origin Premiere or EA Access. Not to mention there were heavy incentives for the players to buy digital over physical. 5 weapons for BF 1, early access to play the game (PC players got to play it 11 days in advanced), and other goodies.
  • herodes87
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    O no BFV is on sale the days following tha ksgiving when nearly every major reatalor places items on sale for christmas shoppers. The horror the horror!

I'm assuming you haven't read that BFV has sold half the amount of physical copies that BF1 did? This is not going to be just a holiday sale. The price will obviously not stay at $30, but that's not the point.

Just go away if you have nothing but excuses for a multimillion dollar game company that has a recent history of releasing broken games early and fleecing a loyal fanbase by nickle and diming them.

Not defending them but i'd be remiss not to mention that physical copies these days dont really set the standard for base sales anymore. Digital sales are far more impactful these days which is why I imagine origin access has already done so well - people will buy it just to get early access to the game then likely buy the game immediately after digitally.

Impulsive purchases are the name of the game these days.

BF1 had digital sales too that don't forget that. Its Not in the 60% less Sold copies Numbers.
  • LeesSummit09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Next game I am going to wait until the first major update, such as the one December 4th, and see if comments show improvements have been made.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I actually Won a Deluxe Edition copy of Battlefield 5 and gave it to a friend.

It was on MP1st.com.
  • TheHangingBrain
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Next game I am going to wait until the first major update, such as the one December 4th, and see if comments show improvements have been made.

Same here. I said the same thing with BF1 after I dumped a bunch of money into the premium deluxe version. I feel pretty stupid now.
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Same here. I said the same thing with BF1 after I dumped a bunch of money into the premium deluxe version. I feel pretty stupid now.

what is wrong with gameplay? this game is so much fun. but tbh, it could need 1-2 maps more soon, not in march 2019 >_<
  • ackers75
    2069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did dice hold a gun to your head and tell you to buy it?
    More fool you I say!
  • TheHangingBrain
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It just keeps getting better...

https://www.vg247.com/2018/12/06/battlefield-5-50-percent-discount-owners-bf1-bf4/amp/

What a slap to the face.
  • pest174
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Agreed.
  • ackers75
    2069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who the hell forced you to buy at launch?
  • j232211V7
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 5 Preorder Deluxe Edition was a rip off
  • TheHangingBrain
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Who the hell forced you to buy at launch?

Who the hell asked you to comment?
  • snakeater418
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not right. But there's nothing wrong about it either. They promised a good game so people paid for one, they just didn't deliver.