Fjell 652 needs a complete redo.

124»

Comments

• nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hated Fjell at first. Still hate it, but not quite as bad.

Removing the planes would make it a heap better.

Worst thing about the map is that it doesn't balance the action lanes. You have these tight areas in the middle and then these stupidly open slopes everywhere else. No, please no. There needs to be more occlusion. There needs to be interior spaces (not just houses) like caves or a big plane fuselage.

The colors of rocks should be changed, make them black so soldiers stand out, or make them really light colored. The map doesn't have enough viable routes. I've seen teams get spawn trapped on this map more than any other (happened a bit on devastation)
  • TheTopMostDog
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The contradicting comments in this thread amuses me. People comparing it to locker and metro, while others say it's a sniper and vehicle fest. Which is it? Sounds like it has a bit of everything, depending on which server and/or region you play in.
    Personally, Devastation and Hamada take the crown for pissed-me-off-the-most. Devastation just gives me so little room to move, and leaves me being instagibbed from behind almost regardless of where I flank. Hamada is a nice map, but the god awful gamma paired with forced TAA (not to mention the haze when playing grand ops) leaves me straining to see. Vehicles in Hamada are its only saving grace, while Devastation really has a knack of showing you truly how weak tanks are in this game.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s the infantry meat grinder map they always put in.

Argonne was ok, this one not so much.

The engine is bad at handling slopes so extreme, it creates all sorts of problems.

• BaronVonGoon
    7026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The contradicting comments in this thread amuses me. People comparing it to locker and metro, while others say it's a sniper and vehicle fest. Which is it? Sounds like it has a bit of everything, depending on which server and/or region you play in.

There are only planes in it. Very understandable people complaining about 3-4 planes per side dropping bombs on that map. I haven't experienced that though. And the reason being is the majority of the playerbase are terrible pilots. And on such a small map efficient turning is important. If a server has good pilots might as well quit because I can see that map being dominated from the sky. But it's it's rare.

Other than that it has so many routes, unlike Locker or Metro. Ridiculous comparisons.
  • bran1986
    5907 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I despise this map, I would rather play Suez in BF1.
  • dinobass
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's exactly like Argonne Forest, without the forest, and replacing trees with open snowfields makes flanking to enemy flags frustrating at best. This is my least favorite map because of that. Hamada can get tedious because it's so large and mostly open, but flanking to flags is still doable.
  • 78-Myers
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is a great map
  • ProAssassin2003
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's great on Breakthrough.