BFV Upcoming Update Discussion

Comments

• JDOGMcFUZZL
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another thing, why isn't a melee to the back an instant assassination any more? I've hit people in the back 2 times before the 3rd hit will finally do the assassination. And often I'll hit them in the back and then theyll turn around and blast me before i can kill them.
  • mighyymouse
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Matchmaking and loading into games takes far to long, after a match I’ll sit their for 15min wait omg to get into the game again, practically have to keep closing app to play another game.
  • Masqerader
    639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    2.1 Panzerfaust nerf, decrease it's amount per player to 1.

Not a single chance they do that. They are already nerfing the damage. If they limited it to 1 per person then we are gonna be back to old days of Tanks being unstoppable K/D machines and nobody wants that aside from Vehicle campers.

except u can run up and toss dynamite on it, not to mention everyone pretty much runs assault, and other classes can kill tanks, so ya. 1 faust is fine

• danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    Is dragging a downed teammate in the game yet? I play on Xbox and haven't seen anyone dragging people or seen any button to drag a downed ally.

Hoping to get some detail on when to expect this.
  • danmotoxx
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    BillxGates wrote: »
    Any word on why many higher end PCs are seeing issues with microstutter and hitching? CPU intesnsive or not we shouldn’t see 8-9 series chips maxing out.

Also, vehicle customization. The heck. How was this not a release day implementation.

Re: Microstuttering - Known issue. Try doing a clean reinstall of your drivers while we continue to find a solution.

Re: Vehicle Customization - We know... it's coming next week though!
  • danmotoxx
    @danmotoxx Can you guys take a look at the server browser? I can't see any Conquest server anymore. The only way I can see them is if I make a search for Conquest but it shows servers in every region. I tried every setting and nothing works.

It worked before but yesterday in the menu listing all game modes I pressed ''List servers'' on Breakthough. All my previous server settings were erased and since then I can't see any server if I select a specific game mode, I can only see Breakthrough servers if I don't select any game mode.

I'm usually the one the finds matches for my squad so this is really annoying.

Conquest can be found on both the quick select on the ride sidebar and in the Advanced Search.
  • danmotoxx
    Matchmaking and loading into games takes far to long, after a match I’ll sit their for 15min wait omg to get into the game again, practically have to keep closing app to play another game.

There are some known issues with MM. Hoping to resolve those soon. In the meantime, try doing Advanced Search when looking for games.
  • danmotoxx
    What a great bout of feedback the past 24 hours! Thanks to you for being vocal, we're working on an article that will provide clarity on the following:

- Our vision for TTK/TTD
    - Revive changes
    - Weapon balancing
    - Medic balancing
    - Max Rank Company Coin accrual
    - And more
  • TekPrimeMIA
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like to voice a few opinions about the game. There are a few things that are bothering me with BFV.

1. Bulletstorm Meta. There are a few maps where teams fight head on in narrow corridors without armor or air support. The fights become an endless stalemate of LMG fire and medics with smoke grenades. The teams need a tool to break these stalemates. Which leads into my next point.
    2. Nade damage needs buff. When a grenade is throw into a building unless it lands at your feat there is really no reason to even move. You may take a few points of damage (less than 30) but otherwise it is no threat. Especially with the ability to self heal. Your more likely to die from the building collapsing. I don't think this this is unreasonable because support crates do no supply grenades so fights will not devolve into nade spam.
    3. Panzerfaust- At a minimum the rockets should not resupply from support carried crates. Persoanlly I would like also Time to fire need to be increased and firing the rocket while in the air should be eliminated (ie while jump or falling). The current meta because of rocket spam is for tanks is to sit way back and snipe.

4. Team play is suffering. Squad leaders are able to give direction but one squad had no idea what another is doing or what the overall objective is. This is mostly apparent in breakthrough where occasionally you will have a team that wont capture a single objective.
    5. Vehicle spawns- You should be able to select what vehicle you would like before selecting the spawn icon. With limited spawns often players are sitting in the spawn window spam clicking the icon. If for instance you have been flying a bomber but now need a fighter, you wont have time to select the alternative plane and hit deploy before someone double clicks in.

6. Additionally the ability to choose what vehicle you want, inevitably leads to team mates not picking the correct vehicles to counter enemy tactics. This is most apparent on maps with air support, where AA tanks are needed to combat enemy bombers. I think a simple fix would be to make the AA tank a separate spawn on maps with planes. This would at least force it into play.
    7. HARDCORE MODE - can we get this? It really cant be that hard to host a few servers with 200% damage.
    8.Clans- The most fun I've ever had playing battlefield was in BF2 playing with a large group of players. The organized team play was extremely rewarding and if felt good to have people working in harmony rather than trolling each other or extreme lone-wolfing. I understand if the majority of players dont have time for that level of play, but DICE implement the little clans needs to practice and match. Why not support competitive play and e-sports?

• DisguisedMike
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    @danmotoxx Can you guys take a look at the server browser? I can't see any Conquest server anymore. The only way I can see them is if I make a search for Conquest but it shows servers in every region. I tried every setting and nothing works.

It worked before but yesterday in the menu listing all game modes I pressed ''List servers'' on Breakthough. All my previous server settings were erased and since then I can't see any server if I select a specific game mode, I can only see Breakthrough servers if I don't select any game mode.

I'm usually the one the finds matches for my squad so this is really annoying.

Conquest can be found on both the quick select on the ride sidebar and in the Advanced Search.

Sorry I think you misunderstood me but it doesn't really matter anymore.

I found a fix by selecting ''Reset filters'' in Advanced Search.

I was able to reproduce the bug multiple times. Selecting the ''list server'' option on the big squares for Breakthrough, Domination or Grand Operations seem to create a conflict in Advanced Search. After I open the server browser from there, when I go back in Advanced Search no matter what filters I use I can't get the servers to show up for any game mode except for the one that I previously selected from one of those squares.

I didn't notice the reset filter option until a few minutes ago and as soon as I used it it fixed my problem so if any of you are having trouble seeing servers in Advanced Search I suggest you do the same.

• Sou1__0062
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    - Max Rank Company Coin accrual

Finally it should be fixed 2 weeks ago with hot fix XDDD but nevermind XD
  • Jaskaman
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    - TTD is the problem, TTK is mostly fine- I think there are some netcode issues that are making TTD problems.
    - Squad joining/playing with friends error messages should be fixed
    - Custom platoon banner, any ETA?
    - Problems with footsteps (sound)
    - Bombers are a bit too strong atm
    - Tanks needs a bit buffing -not too much though
    - Preround is missing, it should be added, got stuck with 12 players few times and could not move.

Conquest comeback system, it's way too strong. End result does not feel fair at current setup.
    How about RSP (rentable servers), community tools?

Few other things: I have been trying to go to an empty server, but it's not possible because empty servers are not shown at the server browser, can you change that?
    Autospawn, it is not needed...
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of us want to know about hardcore mode, we've bought the game and it's just not there and there is no official word saying anything. Patiently waiting.
  • RaynardSwanXI
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    - TTD is the problem, TTK is mostly fine- I think there are some netcode issues that are making TTD problems.
    - Squad joining/playing with friends error messages should be fixed
    - Custom platoon banner, any ETA?
    - Problems with footsteps (sound)
    - Bombers are a bit too strong atm
    - Tanks needs a bit buffing -not too much though

Conquest comeback system, it's way too strong. End result does not feel fair at current setup.
    How about RSP (rentable servers), community tools?

Few other things: I have been trying to go to an empty server, but it's not possible because empty servers are not shown at the server browser, can you change that?
    Autospawn, it is not needed...

If I was going to make a longer post THIS would be it.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think you guys should add a few motorbikes at home base on a few of the bigger maps to help infantry traverse the map better.
  • alixp
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just the overall lack of access to vehicles compared to BF3/BF4 especially when trying to get aircraft. why no runways? landing strips to access planes??
  • friendlyscope
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »

- And more

Please, please, confirm eventually that Tank fixes are under that "more" category !??

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/164399/tanks-need-some-serious-improvements-also-why-did-my-first-post-all-of-the-sudden-disappear#latest

..and in short, Tank gameplay (far more so the Heavy tank play) is the worst experience in the history of BF serial, and I've been there from the beginning.

Just yesterday I decided to experiment and try to maximize my survivability in heavy tank during one evening, ended up of course on the bottom of the scoreboard everytime, with zero positive effect on my team, and most excruciating gaming experience of my life.. All that stress of retreating and repairing on the brink of hp, manic turning, getting stuck in ditches, in flames, in rain of fausts, sticky's, mines, driving back to base ever so often to resupply - not the ammo, but repair cycles.. etc. I did rack a few kills, but they never were so unrewarding as here in BFV. Makes me want to forget the vehicles all together, and I've been tanking in BF for the last 15 years or so :/ The only viable strategy was to sit in the middle of the field outside the spawn and act as a artillery piece for the sporadic runners from point A to B ... and even then some pissed assault or support would do the extra mile to plant the AT mines up your butt, and blow you to smithereens with literally few clicks. True story, laughing through the tears.

• RobKul86
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I have a few problems with game (some like the others):
    - sound and issue with footsteps. It doesn't matter what sound option i will choose, everything will drowned in the noise on the map,
    - Nvidia driver crash,
    - enemies soldier visibility (it's similar problem like in BF1 before fix),
    - matchmaking issue (full servers and withdrawal to the main manu after 2 minutes),
    - poor server browser,
    - weapon balance (assault and support classes are too strong, sooner assault soldier will kill you on the distance than you will kill him as the scout).
    - remove separation in the soldier customization menu on alies and axis,
    - TTK/TTD balance. Today BF5 is a one-shot-kill fps...