A plea to support players (and everyone else)!

2»

Comments

• iBL4KOUT
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I blame the lack of repairs on just how poorly explained the game is overall.

There are countless mechanics (some of them new to the franchise) that are barely conveyed to players, and unfortunately repairing vehicles is one of them. I guarantee you a large percentage of Support players still don't realize that their toolbox doubles as a repair tool. It just isn't made clear enough.

Since there are so many new features in Battlefield V, I really think the game would benefit from a more comprehensive tutorial. Even basic things like vehicle resupply stations and squad call-ins aren't explained/conveyed well at all. I see this as a huge problem, and an unnecessary obstacle that new players have to overcome before they can fully contribute to their teams. There's just no excuse for it IMO.

Couldn’t agree more. It staggers me that after many games in the series they don’t realise that a large proportion of the playerbase just doesn’t understand the roles of the classes.

There needs to be a unskipable tutorial before you can even play multiplayer in my view. Actually explain classes and the little nuances that each one has.

Also promote team play. As in, if you work together you will win more and get more points/kills/unlocks as I guess most people need those sort of incentives.

I know that lots of people only play for themselves but a lot just don’t know any better. DICE needs to step up in this area imo.
  • GallantIce
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish tank drivers would support their squadmates.

• Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vehicle repairs and other support tasks don't go well together imo. I found myself building fortfications, laying mines and firing on advancing enemies when I play support.

Why they don't force players spawning on vehicles being a part of vehicle crew as crewman class?
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most people in pubs are idiots, that don’t even know they have a repair tool let alone try helping someone else when they are too focused on getting no kills and dying immediately. Never rely on randoms ever.
  • Minos2909
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I blame the lack of repairs on just how poorly explained the game is overall.

There are countless mechanics (some of them new to the franchise) that are barely conveyed to players, and unfortunately repairing vehicles is one of them. I guarantee you a large percentage of Support players still don't realize that their toolbox doubles as a repair tool. It just isn't made clear enough.

Since there are so many new features in Battlefield V, I really think the game would benefit from a more comprehensive tutorial. Even basic things like vehicle resupply stations and squad call-ins aren't explained/conveyed well at all. I see this as a huge problem, and an unnecessary obstacle that new players have to overcome before they can fully contribute to their teams. There's just no excuse for it IMO.

I agree ! The tutorial should explain you gain XP as repairing.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1961 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never had a repair in a tank but have had team members destroy the vehicle resupply so I have to repair it then they steal my tank :( I now have my wife on the second console as a dedicated support.

The problem with supply depots and ammo/medic stations are they work for both sides. So destroying an 'enemy' supply depot at the start of the game may be a good move, however it then denies it to the friendly tank later in the game, or a support build one for a friendly tank but ends up also aiding the enemy.
  • xeNizKing
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GallantIce wrote: »
    I wish tank drivers would support their squadmates.

The good ones do. If they're getting 0 help they'll be in spawn half the match and that helps nobody.
  • xeNizKing
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vehicle repairs and other support tasks don't go well together imo. I found myself building fortfications, laying mines and firing on advancing enemies when I play support.

Why they don't force players spawning on vehicles being a part of vehicle crew as crewman class?

My guess is people would hate that kind of trade off from spawning on a vehicle, they like their selected kits take that off them from spawning on a vehicle would just make a lot of people salty really.

Its a good idea but the community being the way it is would probably result in some salt here and there.
  • Hawxxeye
    6332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The kind of window licking supports like those you described are not the type that frequents this forum though.
    It is a bad situation though. Each time another player does what he is supposed to do (does his role, assists the team and communicates) I get shocked.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »

My guess is people would hate that kind of trade off from spawning on a vehicle, they like their selected kits take that off them from spawning on a vehicle would just make a lot of people salty really.

Its a good idea but the community being the way it is would probably result in some salt here and there.

Vehicles serve as taxi spawn beacons for them. I don't like that system since it got implemented in 1. That's what useful they see on vehicles anyway.

Can't remember how much salt introduction of pilot and tanker kits caused. Maybe smaller changes can be done easier and it's time to look deeper on vehicle gameplay from soldier loadout perspective (AT-support and medic-spotter roles of vehicle crew? , both can repair ofc.).
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pft. Amateur hour here.

You think that's tough. Try being the only class in any game where people feel it is their prerogative to demean and tell you how to play your class; the Medic.

You might call it "being Jaded", but after a while you come to expect the least in PUGs. And let's be honest here. Even if a Support player DID run across the battlefield, dodge imminent death and pull of a repair on you, you weren't going to take the time to issue a "THANKS!" in the commo rose.

AH AH AH! Don't lie to us. No one thanks the "support" roles. They just get whined at and faulted when they don't do your bidding.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

erhm .. what? Alls I asked that they for-fill one of their roles instead of spamming into smoke and hitting nothing. Theres a difference between me saying I want them to actually try to help at least and actually demanding they sit by my tank and repair me constantly. I do not expect them to do the latter, I only ask for the former.

Secondly when ressed, given ammo or health packs outside of tanks I always take the time to issue "thanks" or even take the time to type the ty instead of the auto words.

You really need a break from the game if this is the only thing you can comment. Wow just wow.

Just FYI I also play medic, In fact I play everything in this game.

The fact I am even at the point where I have to ask the community to get behind helping their armor should speak volumes. I have never had to do that ever until BF5. In fact the only reason I am telling anyone this is because the only person who has ever repaired me is my squad mate who happens to be an actual friend, so I can just ask him on discord or tell him i need repairs. Its got nothing to do with "doing my bidding" and everything to do with me being able to actually help my team in a fight rather than being forced back to my spawn which can take a while depending on how damaged I am or just the map in general as most maps dont favour tanks at all.

Next time try not being as childish. Leave your ego and salt in the garbage please, where it belongs.

You take forever to say nothing.

If you think there aren't people who break any given mold, let's be honest with one another, you're a naive imbecile. Of course not EVERYONE doesn't say thank you, but common speech patterns don't talk in non-absolutes; you just have to have the IQ to understand not to take that part literally.

So next time you think you get to pass judgment without understanding the whole picture, maybe step back, look at yourself more subjectively, and trying S-ing all different types of the F Up?

P.S. I'm glad you took the initial post seriously rather than the playfully jovial and brash tone it was written in. But hey, it's better to jump the gun and make a reactive approach than to proactively figure out the intent first, right?
  • xeNizKing
    Pft. Amateur hour here.

You think that's tough. Try being the only class in any game where people feel it is their prerogative to demean and tell you how to play your class; the Medic.

You might call it "being Jaded", but after a while you come to expect the least in PUGs. And let's be honest here. Even if a Support player DID run across the battlefield, dodge imminent death and pull of a repair on you, you weren't going to take the time to issue a "THANKS!" in the commo rose.

AH AH AH! Don't lie to us. No one thanks the "support" roles. They just get whined at and faulted when they don't do your bidding.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian

erhm .. what? Alls I asked that they for-fill one of their roles instead of spamming into smoke and hitting nothing. Theres a difference between me saying I want them to actually try to help at least and actually demanding they sit by my tank and repair me constantly. I do not expect them to do the latter, I only ask for the former.

Secondly when ressed, given ammo or health packs outside of tanks I always take the time to issue "thanks" or even take the time to type the ty instead of the auto words.

You really need a break from the game if this is the only thing you can comment. Wow just wow.

Just FYI I also play medic, In fact I play everything in this game.

The fact I am even at the point where I have to ask the community to get behind helping their armor should speak volumes. I have never had to do that ever until BF5. In fact the only reason I am telling anyone this is because the only person who has ever repaired me is my squad mate who happens to be an actual friend, so I can just ask him on discord or tell him i need repairs. Its got nothing to do with "doing my bidding" and everything to do with me being able to actually help my team in a fight rather than being forced back to my spawn which can take a while depending on how damaged I am or just the map in general as most maps dont favour tanks at all.

Next time try not being as childish. Leave your ego and salt in the garbage please, where it belongs.

You take forever to say nothing.

If you think there aren't people who break any given mold, let's be honest with one another, you're a naive imbecile. Of course not EVERYONE doesn't say thank you, but common speech patterns don't talk in non-absolutes; you just have to have the IQ to understand not to take that part literally.

So next time you think you get to pass judgment without understanding the whole picture, maybe step back, look at yourself more subjectively, and trying S-ing all different types of the F Up?

P.S. I'm glad you took the initial post seriously rather than the playfully jovial and brash tone it was written in. But hey, it's better to jump the gun and make a reactive approach than to proactively figure out the intent first, right?

I said everything I needed to at the time nothing more nothing less . Whether you approve or not is irrelevant.

Nothing you said was playful or jovial it was juvenile.

Consider that next time you choose to respond in a specific way expecting everyone to understand you in the manner you wish. The world does not conform to how you wish it to be. Ironically you will probably flip that one on me and use it as an excuse to berate me some more. Except the whole point of the thread was to ask others to do more not to demand anything, I merely said what I believed people should be doing to support their armor in game which is a powerful tool.

As for your other baited aspect of your comment, I am not even going to bother. Try to tred the mythical high ground you seem to think you have but it does nothing for you.
  • xeNizKing
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The kind of window licking supports like those you described are not the type that frequents this forum though.
    It is a bad situation though. Each time another player does what he is supposed to do (does his role, assists the team and communicates) I get shocked.

Yeah I figured as much I think my real goal from the thread was having people who just check the forums every now and then see it at the very least as while maybe only 10% of the community actively will use the forums a lot of people will generally check it just too see whats going on with people and to find out about tips and other talks about weapons and vehicles to gain another perspective.

Whether it worked or works or not well...who knows. Hoping for the best haha
  • xeNizKing

Vehicles serve as taxi spawn beacons for them. I don't like that system since it got implemented in 1. That's what useful they see on vehicles anyway.

Can't remember how much salt introduction of pilot and tanker kits caused. Maybe smaller changes can be done easier and it's time to look deeper on vehicle gameplay from soldier loadout perspective (AT-support and medic-spotter roles of vehicle crew? , both can repair ofc.).

hm it feels like Both BF1 and BF5 are just steps back when it comes to tank gameplay - The concept they went with isn't inherently bad I think just poorly implemented. That said being able to customise a tank crewmans loadout instead of being forced into the exact same load out for all crews may be the only real change they'd be willing to make there.

I believe BF1 had that but it was rather limited. Same for the pilots.