Why DICE?

«1
kondorasGR
82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So many fixes in previous BF games,so many improvements pointed by the community and yet you give us a DEMO full of bugs and unfinished mechanics,the only thing that works great is the gunplay,sound sucks,sometimes no sound at all,the menus and loadouts are from a 5 year old developer?the movement feels slugish and guess what,you still stuck at rocks cant vault over objects and many other annoying issues...its an insult for a gamer imo, imagine if they didnt delayed the launch,really cant understand why they are making the same mistakes,thegame will be ready in 6 months again,what are your thoughts about this situation?

Comments

  • JohnnyBigodes
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is one thing i will never understand.
    DICE and the Community does lots of work with the CTE. DICE knows what and where the problems are and yet they release game after game with the same problems older titles had.

    How can this be possible?
  • Madoka11
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    its so they can keep working, fixing the same problems, you know job security :smile:
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    yet you give us a DEMO full of bugs and unfinished mechanics

    Beta, Not a Demo.

    Demo's are not time-limited usually, And a Beta is a milestone at a stage of development.


    That said, Bugs can be missed, Especially when you consider QA may have a team of 100 people, Whereas the community can be anything from a few thousand into the millions which means the chances of uncovering a bug that only occurs under VERY exceptional circumstances are greatly increased with a higher playerbase.
  • UniBoNGeRz
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have you seen this nonsense yet? I mean really DICE? A plane can bounce off a bridge and not explode? REALLY?? ROFL

  • GrampyGamerTV
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the game is still in Beta, and where under pressure to release it regardless of all the bugs and issues. The game is growing on me, but why oh why, do people survive head shots??! I mean a high calibre gun MUST surely kill with one head shot! I hit some guy with a sniper twice and he still survived only to one shot me with the god damn same rifle!
  • g0merpile
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    So many fixes in previous BF games,so many improvements pointed by the community and yet you give us a DEMO full of bugs and unfinished mechanics,the only thing that works great is the gunplay,sound sucks,sometimes no sound at all,the menus and loadouts are from a 5 year old developer?the movement feels slugish and guess what,you still stuck at rocks cant vault over objects and many other annoying issues...its an insult for a gamer imo, imagine if they didnt delayed the launch,really cant understand why they are making the same mistakes,thegame will be ready in 6 months again,what are your thoughts about this situation?

    So true, full with bugs, graphic issues, it really is pathetic
  • kondorasGR
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    yet you give us a DEMO full of bugs and unfinished mechanics

    Beta, Not a Demo.

    Demo's are not time-limited usually, And a Beta is a milestone at a stage of development.


    That said, Bugs can be missed, Especially when you consider QA may have a team of 100 people, Whereas the community can be anything from a few thousand into the millions which means the chances of uncovering a bug that only occurs under VERY exceptional circumstances are greatly increased with a higher playerbase.

    Beta ok,but not a game ready,and we are not discusing new bugs and issues here right,i had many posts for the previous BF titles about these issues and i was very happy that they were fixed most of them,why y roll back the good things?if something is good copy and paste,its not bad if it works!you built from the past and y do improvements not the same mistakes again and again,thats why im saying WHY?
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.
  • serpico074
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.

    This is the result :s

    Battlefield 5 drops down to $30 in new sale

    Just days after launch, Battlefield 5 has seen its first price drop at two major US retailers.
    Battlefield 5 doesn’t appear to be doing well at retail. This much is clear from looking at the game’s first week sales in the UK, but it appears the US didn’t fare much better.


    to continue
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    serpico074 wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.

    This is the result :s

    Battlefield 5 drops down to $30 in new sale

    Just days after launch, Battlefield 5 has seen its first price drop at two major US retailers.
    Battlefield 5 doesn’t appear to be doing well at retail. This much is clear from looking at the game’s first week sales in the UK, but it appears the US didn’t fare much better.


    to continue

    Yup exactly. The game has great potential though.
  • kondorasGR
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    serpico074 wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.

    This is the result :s

    Battlefield 5 drops down to $30 in new sale

    Just days after launch, Battlefield 5 has seen its first price drop at two major US retailers.
    Battlefield 5 doesn’t appear to be doing well at retail. This much is clear from looking at the game’s first week sales in the UK, but it appears the US didn’t fare much better.


    to continue

    Yup exactly. The game has great potential though.

    In UK i think its 5th in sales,anyway im a gamer and i want complete products,i understand the presure from EA but it hurts the BF series and the Father(DICE) should do something... we will wait for EA to destroy another game like Mass effect or medal of honor?in the end many gamers before a new BF game release will say ''im not buying this,it will be a Beta not a complete game''
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    So many fixes in previous BF games,so many improvements pointed by the community and yet you give us a DEMO full of bugs and unfinished mechanics,the only thing that works great is the gunplay,sound sucks,sometimes no sound at all,the menus and loadouts are from a 5 year old developer?the movement feels slugish and guess what,you still stuck at rocks cant vault over objects and many other annoying issues...its an insult for a gamer imo, imagine if they didnt delayed the launch,really cant understand why they are making the same mistakes,thegame will be ready in 6 months again,what are your thoughts about this situation?

    100% agree. I have no idea why they made the mechanic system so complex, while reducing time to kill. It really feels awful to me. I would have much rather the mechanics been minimal and very responsive, than sluggish with a lower TTK. I don't know what the hell DICE is doing to these games. Also, a side note, thank you for calling it out properly. Everybody blames EA for these hickups, or bad games, and it's not EA. EA is just a distributor basically. DICE are the ones ruining these games. Not EA. EA is just bankrolling the project, as they're an American company with access to investors. DICE are calling the shots with their games, and they're awful at it. The old crew is long gone. The people who made the games we all loved, are not with the company anymore. DICE employee's are a bunch of tech-hipsters who have no idea what they're doing. If you want good games these days, you've got Rockstar and maybe one or two other developers who remember what their jobs are. That is "making a good game". The rest of them are too busy making political statements, and riding trend waves with gimmicks that are the flavor of the month.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    serpico074 wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.

    This is the result :s

    Battlefield 5 drops down to $30 in new sale

    Just days after launch, Battlefield 5 has seen its first price drop at two major US retailers.
    Battlefield 5 doesn’t appear to be doing well at retail. This much is clear from looking at the game’s first week sales in the UK, but it appears the US didn’t fare much better.


    to continue

    Yup exactly. The game has great potential though.

    In UK i think its 5th in sales,anyway im a gamer and i want complete products,i understand the presure from EA but it hurts the BF series and the Father(DICE) should do something... we will wait for EA to destroy another game like Mass effect or medal of honor?in the end many gamers before a new BF game release will say ''im not buying this,it will be a Beta not a complete game''

    Tell me, how does EA destroy the game? DICE are the ones making it. EA are basically using investor dollars to fund the project, and distribute it. All of the flaws, bugs, and direction of the franchise are decided by DICE. If you're going to argue that taking a company public is the problem , or "investors", you'd have to explain the US economy, and why it thrives over every other economy. Good luck with that. Yes, when you use other peoples money to build a game, you have to assume some level of responsibility and accountability. If you're going to take money from investors, you can't be irresponsible. DICE are irresponsible. They are the ones who need to put their big boy pants on , and stop letting people like you shift the responsibility away from the game makers, and hand it over to the people funding the project. If you don't know how this works, please don't comment on it, because you're only making the problem worse. Without EA this franchise wouldn't even exist.... so ... there's that.... People like you have no idea how expensive these projects are to fund, or where the money comes from. You should be thankful the American economy has set up a system that allows other people to invest in an idea, and allow it to come into fruition. The problem lies with the irresponsible decisions of the game makers. Not the people funding it.
  • kondorasGR
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    serpico074 wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.

    This is the result :s

    Battlefield 5 drops down to $30 in new sale

    Just days after launch, Battlefield 5 has seen its first price drop at two major US retailers.
    Battlefield 5 doesn’t appear to be doing well at retail. This much is clear from looking at the game’s first week sales in the UK, but it appears the US didn’t fare much better.


    to continue

    Yup exactly. The game has great potential though.

    In UK i think its 5th in sales,anyway im a gamer and i want complete products,i understand the presure from EA but it hurts the BF series and the Father(DICE) should do something... we will wait for EA to destroy another game like Mass effect or medal of honor?in the end many gamers before a new BF game release will say ''im not buying this,it will be a Beta not a complete game''

    Tell me, how does EA destroy the game? DICE are the ones making it. EA are basically using investor dollars to fund the project, and distribute it. All of the flaws, bugs, and direction of the franchise are decided by DICE. If you're going to argue that taking a company public is the problem , or "investors", you'd have to explain the US economy, and why it thrives over every other economy. Good luck with that. Yes, when you use other peoples money to build a game, you have to assume some level of responsibility and accountability. If you're going to take money from investors, you can't be irresponsible. DICE are irresponsible. They are the ones who need to put their big boy pants on , and stop letting people like you shift the responsibility away from the game makers, and hand it over to the people funding the project. If you don't know how this works, please don't comment on it, because you're only making the problem worse.

    Well the timeline for the release of a new BF game is up to EA, everyone knows that.Dice is working for EA and not the opposite,the truth is that both are responsible for rushed games for obvious reasons....
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    kondorasGR wrote: »

    Beta ok,but not a game ready,and we are not discusing new bugs and issues here right,i had many posts for the previous BF titles about these issues and i was very happy that they were fixed most of them,why y roll back the good things?if something is good copy and paste,its not bad if it works!you built from the past and y do improvements not the same mistakes again and again,thats why im saying WHY?

    Like I said, larger playerbase are more likely to uncover bugs that were not present during QA.

    Many bugs happen under very specific circumstances and if QA or the devs are unaware that a bug is there ( because those exceptional circumstances hasn't happened ) then as far as DICE are aware, there is no issue to resolve.

    Its just part of software development I'm afraid.

    Even software giants like Microsoft releases buggy software.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    serpico074 wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.

    This is the result :s

    Battlefield 5 drops down to $30 in new sale

    Just days after launch, Battlefield 5 has seen its first price drop at two major US retailers.
    Battlefield 5 doesn’t appear to be doing well at retail. This much is clear from looking at the game’s first week sales in the UK, but it appears the US didn’t fare much better.


    to continue

    Yup exactly. The game has great potential though.

    In UK i think its 5th in sales,anyway im a gamer and i want complete products,i understand the presure from EA but it hurts the BF series and the Father(DICE) should do something... we will wait for EA to destroy another game like Mass effect or medal of honor?in the end many gamers before a new BF game release will say ''im not buying this,it will be a Beta not a complete game''

    Tell me, how does EA destroy the game? DICE are the ones making it. EA are basically using investor dollars to fund the project, and distribute it. All of the flaws, bugs, and direction of the franchise are decided by DICE. If you're going to argue that taking a company public is the problem , or "investors", you'd have to explain the US economy, and why it thrives over every other economy. Good luck with that. Yes, when you use other peoples money to build a game, you have to assume some level of responsibility and accountability. If you're going to take money from investors, you can't be irresponsible. DICE are irresponsible. They are the ones who need to put their big boy pants on , and stop letting people like you shift the responsibility away from the game makers, and hand it over to the people funding the project. If you don't know how this works, please don't comment on it, because you're only making the problem worse.

    Well the timeline for the release of a new BF game is up to EA, everyone knows that.Dice is working for EA and not the opposite,the truth is that both are responsible for rushed games for obvious reasons....

    No matter what you say, the responsibility still lies with DICE. DICE are pitching ideas to investors. They come up with the game plan. If they are agreeing to a timeline they can't fulfill, they're still responsible for it. I'm sorry, that's not how this works.
  • 5hadyBrady
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    serpico074 wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.

    This is the result :s

    Battlefield 5 drops down to $30 in new sale

    Just days after launch, Battlefield 5 has seen its first price drop at two major US retailers.
    Battlefield 5 doesn’t appear to be doing well at retail. This much is clear from looking at the game’s first week sales in the UK, but it appears the US didn’t fare much better.


    to continue

    Yup exactly. The game has great potential though.

    In UK i think its 5th in sales,anyway im a gamer and i want complete products,i understand the presure from EA but it hurts the BF series and the Father(DICE) should do something... we will wait for EA to destroy another game like Mass effect or medal of honor?in the end many gamers before a new BF game release will say ''im not buying this,it will be a Beta not a complete game''

    Tell me, how does EA destroy the game? DICE are the ones making it. EA are basically using investor dollars to fund the project, and distribute it. All of the flaws, bugs, and direction of the franchise are decided by DICE. If you're going to argue that taking a company public is the problem , or "investors", you'd have to explain the US economy, and why it thrives over every other economy. Good luck with that. Yes, when you use other peoples money to build a game, you have to assume some level of responsibility and accountability. If you're going to take money from investors, you can't be irresponsible. DICE are irresponsible. They are the ones who need to put their big boy pants on , and stop letting people like you shift the responsibility away from the game makers, and hand it over to the people funding the project. If you don't know how this works, please don't comment on it, because you're only making the problem worse.

    Well the timeline for the release of a new BF game is up to EA, everyone knows that.Dice is working for EA and not the opposite,the truth is that both are responsible for rushed games for obvious reasons....

    If you want to start a company, and I'm willing to invest, and give you the money you need for the project, we agree to the terms ahead of time. I don't get to change the rules later as an investor. That's illegal. If we engage in a contract that requires you to pay back my investment in 6 months, and you fail to follow contract, that's your responsibility. Not mine. The only argument you could have , is, we shouldn't be putting time constraints on these projects. The problem with that is, then they wouldn't have any money to fund the project. So , it's somewhat of a paradox, even though this system is still better than no game at all. I just wish people would stop blaming EA , because it shows a gross misunderstanding of how this works, and furthers the problem. If we're not holding the right people accountable, it's never going to get better man. Stop blaming EA. Focus your attention on the people who actually make the decisions. Please. DICE need to find better management who can give investors more realistic timelines based on the talent and skill of their development team. Stop lying to investors and agreeing to contracts you can't fulfill, and rushing half-@#$ games , and annoying everybody. It's getting old. Especially when it's trendy to blame it all on EA for whatever godforsaken reason.
  • WildheartWeasel
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The saddest thing is that stuff that didn’t work in bf1 after 2 years, still not work on bfv, rubbish , I loved bf4, and got to love bf1 but no rush to play more bfv, will wait till next patch and see, waste of money , red dead for me !
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    kondorasGR wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    serpico074 wrote: »
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    The game came out in this state because EA and its investors want profit before quarter end...nothing more. DICE has a very small influence on when the game comes out. I m sure if it was up to them the game would have come out spring 2019 with all the features enabled and most of the bugs ironed out.

    This is the result :s

    Battlefield 5 drops down to $30 in new sale

    Just days after launch, Battlefield 5 has seen its first price drop at two major US retailers.
    Battlefield 5 doesn’t appear to be doing well at retail. This much is clear from looking at the game’s first week sales in the UK, but it appears the US didn’t fare much better.


    to continue

    Yup exactly. The game has great potential though.

    In UK i think its 5th in sales,anyway im a gamer and i want complete products,i understand the presure from EA but it hurts the BF series and the Father(DICE) should do something... we will wait for EA to destroy another game like Mass effect or medal of honor?in the end many gamers before a new BF game release will say ''im not buying this,it will be a Beta not a complete game''

    Tell me, how does EA destroy the game? DICE are the ones making it. EA are basically using investor dollars to fund the project, and distribute it. All of the flaws, bugs, and direction of the franchise are decided by DICE. If you're going to argue that taking a company public is the problem , or "investors", you'd have to explain the US economy, and why it thrives over every other economy. Good luck with that. Yes, when you use other peoples money to build a game, you have to assume some level of responsibility and accountability. If you're going to take money from investors, you can't be irresponsible. DICE are irresponsible. They are the ones who need to put their big boy pants on , and stop letting people like you shift the responsibility away from the game makers, and hand it over to the people funding the project. If you don't know how this works, please don't comment on it, because you're only making the problem worse.

    Well the timeline for the release of a new BF game is up to EA, everyone knows that.Dice is working for EA and not the opposite,the truth is that both are responsible for rushed games for obvious reasons....

    If you want to start a company, and I'm willing to invest, and give you the money you need for the project, we agree to the terms ahead of time. I don't get to change the rules later as an investor. That's illegal. If we engage in a contract that requires you to pay back my investment in 6 months, and you fail to follow contract, that's your responsibility. Not mine. The only argument you could have , is, we shouldn't be putting time constraints on these projects. The problem with that is, then they wouldn't have any money to fund the project. So , it's somewhat of a paradox, even though this system is still better than no game at all. I just wish people would stop blaming EA , because it shows a gross misunderstanding of how this works, and furthers the problem. If we're not holding the right people accountable, it's never going to get better man. Stop blaming EA. Focus your attention on the people who actually make the decisions. Please. DICE need to find better management who can give investors more realistic timelines based on the talent and skill of their development team. Stop lying to investors and agreeing to contracts you can't fulfill, and rushing half-@#$ games , and annoying everybody. It's getting old. Especially when it's trendy to blame it all on EA for whatever godforsaken reason.

    EA owns DICE now since EA is the principal investor and DICE's mother company.
    I m pretty sure EA imposes the time line, DICE has no choice but to agree.
  • kondorasGR
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    kondorasGR wrote: »

    Beta ok,but not a game ready,and we are not discusing new bugs and issues here right,i had many posts for the previous BF titles about these issues and i was very happy that they were fixed most of them,why y roll back the good things?if something is good copy and paste,its not bad if it works!you built from the past and y do improvements not the same mistakes again and again,thats why im saying WHY?

    Like I said, larger playerbase are more likely to uncover bugs that were not present during QA.

    Many bugs happen under very specific circumstances and if QA or the devs are unaware that a bug is there ( because those exceptional circumstances hasn't happened ) then as far as DICE are aware, there is no issue to resolve.

    Its just part of software development I'm afraid.

    Even software giants like Microsoft releases buggy software.

    im sorry but i must disagree with you,im just saying that the mechanics-bugs-the sound design-the menus/loadouts that were fine(after updates)in the previous titles should not be an issue with your new game.Maybe the Software development its not good,because we are not discusing one issue here right?there are many that were fixed after months in the past titles,its obvious a rushed title and will be ready again after months and gamers know that,look at the sales so far compared to previous titles,so maybe something is wrong with development and managment of the game...anyway i will not play until the issues will be fixed, i hope soon but who knows?
Sign In or Register to comment.